Quantcast

Rave for shu's blush

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Joined
Feb 5, 2004
Messages
225
Reaction score
0
Today was the first time ever that i used shu's blush in peach ( i forgot the #). It finally came in the mail yesterday and i was so excited. Anyway, that blush is soo pigmented and works like no others. Just a little bit of powder and it shows up sooo nice and colorful just like in the pot. I think i applied a little too much today because i didnt know how pigmented it was. this is the first time that a couple of people said to me " hey why are u blushing". haha. I take it as a good thing, because they're not saying " hey ur blush is too much". haha who knows, but i love this blush. I'm going to get more colors. I swear this is like the best blush ive used. I think its even better than nars.

 
Joined
Dec 14, 2003
Messages
713
Reaction score
2
Woot!! A girl after my own heart! I love Shu Blushes too, aren' t they they best? You're right, they are so pigmented, they last all day on me. Have you tried the eyeshadows yet? They too are awesome!! So glad you're jumping on the Shu wagon


Originally Posted by maiho Today was the first time ever that i used shu's blush in peach ( i forgot the #). It finally came in the mail yesterday and i was so excited. Anyway, that blush is soo pigmented and works like no others. Just a little bit of powder and it shows up sooo nice and colorful just like in the pot. I think i applied a little too much today because i didnt know how pigmented it was. this is the first time that a couple of people said to me " hey why are u blushing". haha. I take it as a good thing, because they're not saying " hey ur blush is too much". haha who knows, but i love this blush. I'm going to get more colors. I swear this is like the best blush ive used. I think its even better than nars.
 
Joined
Feb 5, 2004
Messages
225
Reaction score
0
yes im so glad i jumped on the shu wagon. Ive been missing out!!!! I mean i knew about the products but just never paid attention to them cuz i was so stuck on mac. anyway, yah the blush lasted since 8am till now (7pm). whoo hooo. No creasing, no cracking, feels like i just put it on. I did buy 3 eyeshadows ,but havent had the time to try them yet. I got a beige, a pink and that metalic green (that one looks sooooo pretty). Whats ur favorite eyeshadow color from shu? I think im in love with these.

Originally Posted by Tinydancer Woot!! A girl after my own heart! I love Shu Blushes too, aren' t they they best? You're right, they are so pigmented, they last all day on me. Have you tried the eyeshadows yet? They too are awesome!! So glad you're jumping on the Shu wagon
 
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
146
Reaction score
1
I'm missing out...grrr

I've heard nothing but raves for these, can't wait to jump on the bandwagon myself


 
Joined
Feb 5, 2004
Messages
225
Reaction score
0
You can either buy it at sephora.com or their official website: http://www.shuuemura-usa.com/ Sephora is great, but it doesnt carrry a lot of the items.

they also sell these at barney's if you live near one. You can find almost all of shu's products here. That's all the places i can think of that sells shu's products.

Originally Posted by soonja
 

Geek2

Administrator
Admin
Joined
Sep 27, 2003
Messages
11,114
Reaction score
4,213
I went to Sephora the other day to look at the blushes and they were out on most of all of the colors.
I'll have to place an order with Shu's website. It's just hard to pick a color online.

 
Joined
Dec 14, 2003
Messages
713
Reaction score
2
I heard that Sephora has/will stop selling Shu except the eyelash curler and mascara. Its very hard to see the color from swatches. I'll try to hunt down some pics and post them.

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) I went to Sephora the other day to look at the blushes and they were out on most of all of the colors.
I'll have to place an order with Shu's website. It's just hard to pick a color online.
 

Geek2

Administrator
Admin
Joined
Sep 27, 2003
Messages
11,114
Reaction score
4,213
Ok I went back to Sephora today to see if they had more colors and they must have put some more in. The shelves weren't full but there were couple of more colors to choose from. I couldn't resist anymore. I wanted to try Shu's blushes myself. I've jumped on the Shu bandwagon now thanks to you ladies!
I loved the blush I got!!! It's so much better than anything else I've tried. Very pigmented like Maiho said. I also put a little too much on at first because I wasn't prepared for the pigmentation. I also bought the little brush set and the cheek brush worked great. I'm hooked on these blushes now!! I also wanted to try the liquid lipcolor so I bought it and I love it! It's so moisturizing and lasts well. I can highly recommend!

 
Joined
Feb 5, 2004
Messages
225
Reaction score
0
hey which sephora did u go to. The one at south coast didnt have anything when i was there sometimes last week.

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) Ok I went back to Sephora today to see if they had more colors and they must have put some more in. The shelves weren't full but there were couple of more colors to choose from. I couldn't resist anymore. I wanted to try Shu's blushes myself. I've jumped on the Shu bandwagon now thanks to you ladies!
I loved the blush I got!!! It's so much better than anything else I've tried. Very pigmented like Maiho said. I also put a little too much on at first because I wasn't prepared for the pigmentation. I also bought the little brush set and the cheek brush worked great. I'm hooked on these blushes now!! I also wanted to try the liquid lipcolor so I bought it and I love it! It's so moisturizing and lasts well. I can highly recommend!
 
Joined
Jan 20, 2004
Messages
1,124
Reaction score
0
Another Shu fan here..I love the shadows,although I only have 2 so far..My Shu fairy has given me the opportunity to get a few more but I can't decide

 

Geek2

Administrator
Admin
Joined
Sep 27, 2003
Messages
11,114
Reaction score
4,213
I went to the one at South Coast. When I was there couple of days ago they didn't have any either but last time I went they must have put some more on the shelves. I was just walking by and I decided to stop in to check if the shelves were still empty and I was surprised they had some.

 

Geek2

Administrator
Admin
Joined
Sep 27, 2003
Messages
11,114
Reaction score
4,213
I gotta try the shadows next.

 
Joined
Dec 14, 2003
Messages
713
Reaction score
2
I'm on a major Shu binge! What colors do you like to use? Also, Shu has a codeing system for their eyeshadows, I'll hunt down the list so it'll be easier for you to choose which e/s to get. Originally Posted by allisong Another Shu fan here..I love the shadows,although I only have 2 so far..My Shu fairy has given me the opportunity to get a few more but I can't decide
 
Joined
Dec 14, 2003
Messages
713
Reaction score
2
Which blush did you get? I have Shu Uemura Atelier Made 04 Glow, M Rose 19, P Wine 29. I love these blushes seriously, they last all day on me! Originally Posted by Reija(admin) I gotta try the shadows next.
 
Joined
Feb 5, 2004
Messages
225
Reaction score
0
since you are such a shu expert. Can you help me with their colorings. I hate numbers and letters and i have no idea what it means. I got a pro spot concealer but i think i got a color too light because of the stupid swatch online and i couldnt understand what the number and letters mean. Thanks

Originally Posted by Tinydancer I'm on a major Shu binge! What colors do you like to use? Also, Shu has a codeing system for their eyeshadows, I'll hunt down the list so it'll be easier for you to choose which e/s to get.
 
Joined
Dec 14, 2003
Messages
713
Reaction score
2
OK, I found the list. (Not my list) Explanation of "codes": P=Pearl M=Matte IR=Irridescent ME=Metallic This is the info I received from shu customer service regarding other "codes"/letters with their products: "We are glad to clear up any confusion that you have on our "codes". The "A", "B", "C", or "D" that you may find on some of the products (for example the Glow On Blushes) is actually the order in which the color came out. First you will find just the number with a product, then we may have created another similar color, so we added an A onto it and so on. The only codes we will have are the P for Pearl, M for Matte, ME for Metallic and IR for Iridescent in the eye shadows. You will find S for Sheer and N for Nude [though I think N is supposed to be for Natural as beauty.com explains the finishes on their site...including M for Matte] in the lip products." The numbering system can be a little confusing until you get used to it... 100's are Pinks and Roses; 200's are Oranges; 300's are Yellows, Golds and Bricks; 400's are Yellow/Greens and Olives; 500's are Greens and Turquoises; 600's are Blues; 700s are Purples; 800's are Beiges and Browns; 900's are everything else including Rainbow, White, Silver, Gray and Blacks Blushes00-09 are misc (purple, beige, wine-gold, etc) 10-19 are Reds and Roses 20-29 are Wines 30-39 are Pinks 40-49 are Peachs 50-59 are Oranges 60-69 are Bricks 70-79 are Browns 80-89 are Ambers 90-99 are misc (gold and silver are the only ones I know of) Originally Posted by maiho since you are such a shu expert. Can you help me with their colorings. I hate numbers and letters and i have no idea what it means. I got a pro spot concealer but i think i got a color too light because of the stupid swatch online and i couldnt understand what the number and letters mean. Thanks
 

Geek2

Administrator
Admin
Joined
Sep 27, 2003
Messages
11,114
Reaction score
4,213
I got the M Amber 85 for a very natural color.

 

Latest posts

Top