Quantcast

recs for red/orange eye liner

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Joined
Jun 17, 2004
Messages
1,184
Reaction score
0
im looking for a bright reddish orange eyeliner. any recs (high or low) are appreciated. so far ive checked out all of the drug store brands, and ive also looked at UD, HC, etc. the best i could come up with was a milani lip liner, and its a bit too soft to stay put as an eye liner all day.

 
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
10,844
Reaction score
0
I just read online that Manic Panic makes bold colored eyeliners in all different shades... They mentioned a red and a red/orange -
 
Joined
Jun 17, 2004
Messages
1,184
Reaction score
0
thanks janelle. ill have to check that one out. i dont remember seeing it at my ulta.

i do have mac electric orange pigment, and it just doenst cut it as a liner. its an awesome color, but i can only use it as an e/s. ive tried mixing it with water, visine, and finally clear brow set in the hopes of getting it to show up as a vibrant liner. the brow set worked intensity wise, but it took so many layers and it started cracking after a few hours. not good.

 
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
10,844
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Haloinrverse thanks janelle. ill have to check that one out. i dont remember seeing it at my ulta.
i do have mac electric orange pigment, and it just doenst cut it as a liner. its an awesome color, but i can only use it as an e/s. ive tried mixing it with water, visine, and finally clear brow set in the hopes of getting it to show up as a vibrant liner. the brow set worked intensity wise, but it took so many layers and it started cracking after a few hours. not good.

I think MAC makes a mixing medium - Metamorphix or something like that??

 
Joined
Jun 17, 2004
Messages
1,184
Reaction score
0
ooh, i didnt see your post about the manic panic. too bad theres nowhere near me that sells it.


ive tried mac's mixing medium, and i dont really care for it.

 
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
10,844
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Haloinrverse ooh, i didnt see your post about the manic panic. too bad theres nowhere near me that sells it.

ive tried mac's mixing medium, and i dont really care for it.

Manic Might have a website?
I'm at work now with bosses lurking... but I'll try to find it for you when I get home ... cya !
 
Joined
Jun 17, 2004
Messages
1,184
Reaction score
0
oh, you guys are awsome.
thanks for all those recs. out of those suggestions, the only thing i have near me is lola (havent checked that out at all) and mac, so ill start there. the PD transformer sounds intereting too. is it water/glycerine based?

 
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
10,844
Reaction score
0
and does it mess up the shadow when you put the wet brush into it?
Anyone know?
 
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
10,844
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Haloinrverse oh, you guys are awsome.
thanks for all those recs. out of those suggestions, the only thing i have near me is lola (havent checked that out at all) and mac, so ill start there. Hope you find it!

 
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
10,844
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Haloinrverse thanks! youre always so helpful. :::hugs::: I try! lol
Sometimes it works! LOL

 
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
10,844
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by LotusGlamGirl It does have water in it...as also these ingredients:proprylene glycol, polysorbate 80, methylparaben, cellulose gum.

I think so because the instructions are this:

Just place a few drops into eye shadow cover, dab brush into liquid, glide along outer edge of shadow, and then apply to eyelid.

I read somewhere that you have to use the side (of the e/s) because the shadow can't be used anymore
. But I think it's still supposed to be a good product lol...

hmmm... I wonder if you can scrape off a few flecks and just work off that to keep the rest of the shadow useable

 
Joined
Jun 17, 2004
Messages
1,184
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by LotusGlamGirl It does have water in it...as also these ingredients:proprylene glycol, polysorbate 80, methylparaben, cellulose gum.

I think so because the instructions are this:

Just place a few drops into eye shadow cover, dab brush into liquid, glide along outer edge of shadow, and then apply to eyelid.

I read somewhere that you have to use the side (of the e/s) because the shadow can't be used anymore
. But I think it's still supposed to be a good product lol...

sounds interesting. thanks for the info.
 

Scarlette

Obsessed with lipstick
Joined
Dec 22, 2004
Messages
902
Reaction score
3
Location
Bay Area, California
Why didn't you just ask me? hahah..

The one and only red eyeliner I've ever liked (I've tried a lot and threw them away they were THAT bad) :

BIOTHERM Define Eyes 105

Surprised? Well, they came out with a red eyeliner last Spring, I hope to heaven they still have it. I think I may be the only person in the world who knew it was an eyeliner and uses it as an eyeliner. For all your /goth/punk needs, just ask me. I know about all the crap and good stuff. Check out also Krylon and Ben Nye, really nice neon shadows and possibly have other colors of liners.

EDIT.. you said reddish orange... DANG! This one is pink/red. Well, it's nice! I can't find it anywhere though, I looked online at the official Biotherm site and it looks like it's been disc. I guess I will keep lookin too, because I need some new colors. Yoou may want to check out Rimmel's Red Dynamite lip liner, I have used it as a lliner before, it worked ok!

 
Joined
Mar 2, 2005
Messages
1,164
Reaction score
0
I haven't gotten it yet, but I just ordered a bunch of stuff from Aromaleigh. So, I don't know how it looks or stays yet, but they have a pure hue called orange oxide that I think might work.

Also Scarlette mentioned Ben Nye, they have some good bright colors too. There was one company I was just looking at that had an orange pencil eyeliner...but I can't remember where I saw it!


 

Latest posts

Top