Save that face! (when you mess up...)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay, things are going fine, your face is looking good. So far you've been careful. Maybe you try something new, maybe you were distracted, but things start to look a mess.

Was it the blush? Did something smudge? Did the color look horrible on you?

When something goes wrong, what do you do? Start over? Gut it out and carry yourself extra tall? lol

Usually i overdo the blush and i just wipe it with a tissue i usually have no time to wash it.

I'll add another color of eyeshadow and it'll screw my whole look up. Then what I do is put a neutral beige color over it to cover it up. If it's really bad, I'll wipe it off with a cotton ball.

I usually don't have time to fix whatever I've done wrong, so I just walk out of the house as is. I learn from my mistakes and make up for it the next day with something I know looks good. Keeps people guessing, I'm sure. Haha.

I'll fix my blush by putting some translucent powder over top, fix eyeshadow by using a q-tip or layering another eyeshadow over top. Lipstick and gloss just use a q-tip. If I screw up my foundation then I'll just blend it in more.

I grabbed the nearest face wash ,I overdid it with the copper sparkle MAC Pigment .. I dunno maybe I used to much primer but omg I looked like a Las Vagas Gurl!

Edit ,,sorry I dont wear foundation & blush

After I proceed to say a few choice not-so-nice words, I usually try to fix whatever i have jacked up and if that doesn't work, oh well!

My foundation is un-mess-up-able, so I don't have to worry about that. I use a very light hand with my blush, so usually I don't screw that up either. If I mess up with eyeshadow, I usually take a cotton ball or a q-tip with makeup remover on it and clean it up. I probably mess up most often with lipstick/gloss by picking the wrong color, and in that case I wipe it off with a tissue.

the thing i hate most. is when im running late. and i havent exfoliated. and then i put on my mineral foundation.. even then u can see the flakes.. moisturizer on top, and i just forget it.. cuase what else can i do.. make sure to exfoliate that night. lol

with eyeshadow i just qtip and re apply, qtips work for everything

If i mess something up its usually my eyeshadow...ill mostly just correct it with a damp qtip and if it doesnt work then i remove everything

and reapply

Depending on what it is, I can either add another color (or wipe some of it off) to make it passable. But if I screw it up royally, then I have to start over. I usually try to fix it before totally re-doing it, but that's just because I'm usually crunched for time in the mornings.

I f I mess up, I have to start all the way over, because it takes me out of the groove that I put myself in to put on makeup.

i usually do my eyes first. so if i really don't like it and can't try to fix it, then i'll take it off. but that's usually if i don't like the color combo. i usually try to fix it though.

as far as blush, if i put too much on, then i just put some more powder on top to tone it down.

if i mess up my eye liner, i just fix the line by putting more shadow on top of the messed up part

if it's foundation, i just blend it more. if i put too much blush i just put powder over it and blend the two.

i usually do my eyes first so if i don't like the shape i can fix it with a q-tip, or i just take off everything and do something else.

if it's eyeliner, i try to make a nice line using khol, and e/s where it's too messy. but since i started using my 266 brush, i'm less messy so if i do it slowly i don't have to worry about my eyeliner.

Listen carefully, ladies:

Q. TIP.

They are God's gift to womankind, especially the cack-handed ones like me (my eyeliner ALWAYS looks stupid and I have to re-do it about ten times before it will work :: kills :: ).

I always say a prayer thanking whoever invented them.

Yep, I always screw up my eyelining and yup, Q-tips :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> If I screw up a powdered blush, I use my big face brush, get a bit of powder on it and go over the patchy bit. Cream blushes sort of fix themselves with a little more blending. I seldom mess up my eyeshadow since I stick to safe colors. If I use too much highlighter, I just powder over. And vice versa.

I always start of with my eyes so if i mess them up i dont have to do my whole face from scratch

Latest posts

Back