So, whatcha making???

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
How many of you are cooking for a mass crowd, or taking something somewhere else for X-Mas dinner? I wanna know what you're making! LOL!

I'm making: Pineapple & Brown Sugar Glazed Ham, mashed potatoes w/ gravy, homemade macaroni & cheese, jellied cranberry sauce (canned), and rolls. Then for dessert, I'm debating between turtle cheesecake or chocolate cake. And I'll still make pumpkin pie just because LOL!

I'm having dinner for the whole family at my house this year:keule:

I'm going to have turkey, stuffing with apples in it, mashed potatoes, gravy, glazed carrots, roasted sweet potatoes, homemade cranberry sauce, buns........i'll leave desert up to my mom.

nothing too different b/c my family is a bunch of plain ppl, I always make interesting stuff but the only one who ever eats it is my sister in law!!!

and I hope there will not be a WWIII...........all my family in one spot does not always turn out well!!!

i know Christmas is right around the corner and i still haven't decided what to do yet .....

U girls sound like u are gonna be busy, just reading this thread is making me hungry (maybe , cuz i just woke up ... gotta go get something to eat now .. lol)

i am so hungry right now lol were going to my parents house and my mother is cooking dont now yet what she's making all i know so far she's making turkey.

I'm not cooking at all (and believe me, everybody's better off for it!), but I'll be baking the goodies. Not sure what yet, but probably the stuff I remember from when I was little in Sweden; the iced gingerbread cookies and "lussebullar", etc. I have to consult my mom and friend, lol.

LOL @ Kim! I should mention, I also plan on making candied yams for myself as no one else in the family eats them. We're having John's parents over for X-Mas dinner since they did Thanksgiving. I'm sure his mom is bringing something over as well, and his dad already brought me the ham :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Thank goodness a lot of this can be prepared the day ahead and then just reheated LOL! Sounds horrible, but it's the simplest way to do it LOL!

Ooh Aquilah, can I crash your x-mas dinner?! lol!!!

I'm not much of a cook, and my hubby's family (around 30 or more people) usually get together at his cousin's house. We'll be bringing a side dish (sort of a pot luck thing), but haven't decided which yet. And it's pigging out time for meeh!!! hehehehe

I only know how to make breakfast, but my knowledge is even limited there! Hey, if anyone likes omlettes and french toast, then I'm you're woman!

UGh... I hate Christmas Eve dinner. It's the Italian 7 fishes only...(can't eat meat Christmas Eve dinner). We eat smelts, flounder, seafood fra diablo over pasta, calamari salad, shrimp cocktail, christmas pasta.... and I can't think of what else.... but it is seven fishes. All I know is...the food I'm not too fond of... well the Christmas pasta is okay. They make pierogies (sp) or ravioli for the kids.... I still eat the ravioli or pieroiges, b/c I can't bear to eat all that fish. I always wish we'd do a traditional dinner with ham/turkey and all the trimmings. I can sacrifice for the day though...

my mom always do nice things at christmas, it's a tradition to celebrate it together. i don't think I'll cook, especially since my best friend asked me to spend saturday with her playing with all our mu, it will be fun ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

Let's see, I'm making a honey & brown sugar glazed ham, mashed potatoes, gravey, turkey,stuffing, sweet potato casserole, several different vegies, 1 pumpkin pie, carott cake, 2 pecan pies, German Chocolate cake( for partners birthday the 27th). Then lot's of stuff to snack on like cranberry nut bars, chex mix (Palua Dean Style) and what ever else I think of between now and then. I love to cook. There will be about 10 of us, so others are bringing stuff too.

I'll be spending Christmas at my bf's house and his mother will do the cooking. :18:

I will be, as every Christmas, baking like a mad woman. Last year I baked 9 different kinds of cookies, pastry, etc. I'm still collecting recipes for this year. Can't wait to start...

i'm getting hungry reading this thread ...

we still don't know who's cooking yet, you believe that ???!!! We would offer but no way can we handle that expense right now. We did xmas dinner a couple years ago and it was $500 or $600 !!!

Usually it is the bf's parents who cook, we all go over there, its a houseful, and an unbelievable meal! There are five grown kids all with spouses and/or families ... Right now his parent's house is up on the market tho so I dunno if they want to put xmas dinner on, I mean, what if one of us spills red wine on the carpet or something.

you guys are making me hungry!!

I'll probably make some salad, but I buy rest of them.

mother in law, will invite 1000 people so im just scared.

whenever mother in law was not around for christmas i made glazed ham too, and mojos, and icelandic glazed potatoes, and lobster, and salat with mayo and grapes and walnuts. anyway typical glazed ham thing.

this xmas mother in law is here and she wants to buy some shot down icelandic wild birds, which no body wants, coz last christmas she left us with a hunted goose, from her friend. IT WAS HORRIBLE, UNEDIBLE. coz all the blood was still in the goose, so it smelled like hell after baking it.

SO WE COULDNT EAT AND BOUGHT A HAM FOR THE NEXT EVENING, so christmas dinner was moved!

Grandma will make her Braciole, greens and beans, italian wedding soup, pasta, sauce with sausage and meatballs, endive soup, ham, turkey, oh theres more, not even mentioning dessert....lol

HUGE ITALIAN FAMILY..all the aunts uncles cousins, etc come together :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

love the food options we have on Christmas!

oh my diet will be blown to hell that day. But its one day a year :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Oh my!! Y'all already know what you're serving, lol!! I'm behind!! We're having my family again for christmas but just my immediate family this time, we had a larger group at thanksgiving so this will be calmer. I don't know what I'm fixin' just yet but I'm definitely getting the traditional tamales!!! Mmmmmmm, tamales!!

Back