Quantcast

What texture/finish do you prefer for your shadows?

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score
I've noticed lately how particular some people are when it comes to the finish/texture of their eyeshadow. Do you care? Do you like frost or do you keep it all matte? Why the preference?

Personally, I gravitate towards frosts/lustres (cuz I like the shine) and veluxe pearls (because I love the finely milled pigment). But I also am attracted to vivid matte colors like Electric Eel, Rule, Carbon & Sushi Flower. I'm not a big glitter person, but overall, I just grab colors I like.

Liz

Reaction score
i picked veluxe pearls. i LOVE the texture of them!

i don't like mattes though. they're hard for me to apply. it's like you have to use a lot and pack it on the get the desired color.

Reaction score
I prefer MAC's frost texture/finish, but I'll buy the others too if they are pretty colors. I don't think I have tried a veluxe pearl though.

I've recently discovered that Smashbox's e/s has great texture- soft, highly pigmented. Smashbox's e/s are awesome!

I will keep buying MAC though.

Reaction score
I'm finding the older I get - to stay away from the frosts/lustres - & just keep that for the highlighter area (under the brow bone)..when using the frosts on any other part of the eye, it just seems to enhance faults (lines/wrinkles) more - so for that part of the eye I tend to use matte colors...

Originally Posted by Joyeuux I've noticed lately how particular some people are when it comes to the finish/texture of their eyeshadow. Do you care? Do you like frost or do you keep it all matte? Why the preference?
Personally, I gravitate towards frosts/lustres (cuz I like the shine) and veluxe pearls (because I love the finely milled pigment). But I also am attracted to vivid matte colors like Electric Eel, Rule, Carbon & Sushi Flower. I'm not a big glitter person, but overall, I just grab colors I like.

Reaction score
I would like any color....:icon_love whatever suits me perfect...

Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephieCee I think it mostly depends on my mood or where I am going. Matte for more casual/conservative settings and shiny/glimmery for nights out on the town with my hubby... Idont really like mattes,i tend to gravitate more towards lustre,anything shimmery,not stripper sparkle though.lol

Reaction score
I'll go by colors first... but out of texture, I like Veluxe and Veluxe Pearl.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephieCee I think it mostly depends on my mood or where I am going. Matte for more casual/conservative settings and shiny/glimmery for nights out on the town with my hubby... I Agree. It all depends on what I will be doing.

Reaction score
Holy cow, I don't know the difference between all those terms in the poll! (Of course I don't use MAC either
) All I know is that I prefer shadows that are more shimmery (but not actually glittery or anything) just because I think they're fun, but when I need to be more conservative (like for job interviews and possibly in the office, depending on the job I get after graduation), I like to stick with matte, neutral colors.

Reaction score
I prefer frosts, lustres, and veluxe pearls. I don't like matte colors or glitter

Reaction score
I chose Veluxe Pearls - i love the texture of them and they go on great. Can't wait for some more colours in VP!

Reaction score
I used to just wear more matte shades.

but now i love shimmery finishes.

i love glitters and shimmer. I haven't used many flat shades in awhile.

Liz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bhav I chose Veluxe Pearls - i love the texture of them and they go on great. Can't wait for some more colours in VP! i know! i think some/most of the shadows coming out in the belle azure collection will be VP!!

Liz

Reaction score
yeah, i believe so. because i remember one of the collections had a lot of vps, and the d'bohemia didn't have any.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Liz i know! i think some/most of the shadows coming out in the belle azure collection will be VP!! Yipeee!!!! :icon_love

Latest posts