Anyone buying from the RiRi Hearts MAC fall release?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm gonna have to get the Talk that Talk Lipstick and Nude as well...

Just to confirm it goes on sale... 

The RiRi Hearts MAC (Fall Edition) launches in MAC stores on September 26th, online September 30th, and everywhere else October 3rd (including international).

Do you guys usually buy them at the store, online or counter in a dept store?

Quote: Originally Posted by mauu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm curious about how the brushes perform. Has anyone seen reviews or heard anything about them?

I have had nothing but bad luck with the SE brushes. Still, I may get them. I can always return them if they disappoint, and if they don't then I didn't miss out.

Quote: Originally Posted by verybluetiful /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm gonna have to get the Talk that Talk Lipstick and Nude as well...

Just to confirm it goes on sale... 

The RiRi Hearts MAC (Fall Edition) launches in MAC stores on September 26th, online September 30th, and everywhere else October 3rd (including international).

Do you guys usually buy them at the store, online or counter in a dept store?

I do both. I am not going in store this time, because this collection is hot and some stores are only getting one of each item. I am going to fight it out online.

How can anyone resist the packaging? =/

I'll be getting the following:

Diamonds Cream Colour Base ($22)

Her Cocoa Eyeshadow Quad ($44)

Hibiscus Kiss ($26)

Riri Woo Lipstick x2 ($33) - one for me and my sis; even when we already have it in the regular black packaging

Talk that Talk looks nice but I don't like how there are black spots on the swatches and lips... gross? haha

I really like the MAC Talk That Talk Lipstick. That being said I don't know where I'd ever wear it.

What do you all think are really wearable/must have shades?

I have had nothing but bad luck with the SE brushes. Still, I may get them. I can always return them if they disappoint, and if they don't then I didn't miss out.
That's exactly what I'm worried about. I've never bought any special edition brushes because they always get such bad reviews. Unfortunately I'm not in the US so I can't return them if the quality ends up being awful. Boo. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Here's to hoping the RiRi brushes turn out to be the exception to the rule!

Quote: Originally Posted by AmandaWarwick /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I really like the MAC Talk That Talk Lipstick. That being said I don't know where I'd ever wear it.

What do you all think are really wearable/must have shades?

RiRi Woo has looked good on everyone I have seen it on.

The other shades I feel will only look good on certain skin tones. That won't stop me from buying and trying, but I do know the rest have a decent chance of not suiting me.

Quote: Originally Posted by lioness90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I just brought the Riri Woo lipstick and lipglass!

I completely forgot it was today, most of the items are sold out including the lipglass.

Quote: Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by lioness90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I just brought the Riri Woo lipstick and lipglass!

I completely forgot it was today, most of the items are sold out including the lipglass.

That sucks! Hopefully they add more stock or Nordstrom will carry it. I still want the Diamonds cream color base.

I was at work when it launched so I had to sneak on. The waiting room sucked. After about an hour of waiting, I went to their Canada site and ordered. It went through as an U.S. order. I read somewhere that people were waiting for hours to get on. 

I got the following:
I was done by 10:30 and I placed a 2nd order for my lil sister; she only wanted mac riri woo :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Wouldn't you know, I completely forgot and didn't buy anything yesterday. Looks like I'll be taking an early lunch tomorrow and hitting up the Nordstrom MAC counter.

I ordered the neautral quad online on Monday since everything was sold out by the time I got online. I'm going to Nordstrom 1st thing in the morning so I can get Talk that Talk, and Nude lipsticks, then I swear i'm not buying anymore makeup til Black Friday lol

Quote: Originally Posted by blackgirlbeauty /img/forum/go_quote.gif

... then I swear i'm not buying anymore makeup til Black Friday lol
Girl, that's what we all say! =p

I bought a whole bunch of stuff. MAC text's me when a new collection comes out. I jumped online and it took me 2 hours "in line" to get my chance to buy products. 

I got .. 

RiRi Hearts MAC Lipglass
RiRi Woo 1 US$16.50 RiRi Hearts MAC Powder Blush Duo
Hibiscus Kiss 1 US$29.00 RiRi Hearts MAC Pro Longwear Lip Pencil
RiRi Woo 1 US$21.50 RiRi Hearts MAC Lipstick
RiRi Woo 1 US$16.50 RiRi Hearts MAC Extended Play Lash
Gigablack 1 US$17.50
I couldn't help it I thought the packaging was just so beautiful and I love to have my special pretty makeup palettes or compacts on my desk and vanity. I bought the powder blush duo just for that reason.  

I got the Riri woo lipstick and lipglass. I wanted the nude one but I couldn't find it anywhere.

I ended up only getting Nude and a backup of RiRi Woo. Nude looks tragic on me, so I am giving it away. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I looked for that one everywhere it was my most wanted one! I tried so many websites and they were all sold out. It's on eBay but I refuse to pay those prices. Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you.

Back