Birchbox May 2015 (spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only times I've heard of people having issues with getting sample choices is when they rely on emailing CS to get the choice, since they don't get the "official" confirmation, and when PYS first started and people tried to use this same link across different accounts. I've never had a problem using emails from past months or heard of other people having problems (unless they were trying to use an email not associated with that account).

My main account doesn't usually get an email until the end of the day. I will wait until dinner time and if it's still not there send CS an email.  My second sub probably won't get an email because I cancelled and resubbed for points yesterday. This happened to me in February, when I cancelled and resubbed right before PYS day.

In other news there is a small bird repeatedly banging itself on the window.It is seeing its own reflection and thinks there is another bird. No one in the office seems to care. I wonder if a plastic owl might help.  

I was one of the people who got "scolded" in December for using the email from the previous month. Originally they said they would send the sample separately and then when they did more "investigating" - seriously they used that word, they discovered I had used an old email link and wouldn't honor my choice. I was bummed at the time because I really wanted the rose gold eye liner but interestingly enough I just received that exact liner in a sample pack so it only took four extra months but I finally got my rose gold liner :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The only times I've heard of people having issues with getting sample choices is when they rely on emailing CS to get the choice, since they don't get the "official" confirmation, and when PYS first started and people tried to use this same link across different accounts. I've never had a problem using emails from past months or heard of other people having problems (unless they were trying to use an email not associated with that account).
I always had success with CS emails. Even if they do not reply, they do apply my sample choice within 10-20 minutes and I receive my confirmation e-mail even before I receive the actual sample choice e-mails.

My main account doesn't usually get an email until the end of the day. I will wait until dinner time and if it's still not there send CS an email.  My second sub probably won't get an email because I cancelled and resubbed for points yesterday. This happened to me in February, when I cancelled and resubbed right before PYS day.

In other news there is a small bird repeatedly banging itself on the window.It is seeing its own reflection and thinks there is another bird. No one in the office seems to care. I wonder if a plastic owl might help.  
I emailed CS with the list of PYS for each of my accounts (associated email addresses) and received the confirmation email within 10 minutes.

Aww poor lil birdie, maybe it's hungry? Do you have some bread crumbles?

I was one of the people who got "scolded" in December for using the email from the previous month. Originally they said they would send the sample separately and then when they did more "investigating" - seriously they used that word, they discovered I had used an old email link and wouldn't honor my choice. I was bummed at the time because I really wanted the rose gold eye liner but interestingly enough I just received that exact liner in a sample pack so it only took four extra months but I finally got my rose gold liner :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I am in the same boat too :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've never received that rose gold liner, hopefully one day it will find its way into my hands :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am in the same boat too :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've never received that rose gold liner, hopefully one day it will find its way into my hands :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Are you interested in a swap? I got it in a mystery sample pack after getting it as my pys in December. It was too light for my skin tone. 

I got the email a few minutes ago and picked the Macadamia.  I'm still really interested in the HP Sea Salt Spray but the tiny sample size really made the difference for me.

I am going to leave the selection of my main box to the Birchbox gods! I want something good, please! Hopefully the new Tocca and some nail polish and Oribe.

On my second account I selected the Macadamia Oil treatment.

Fingers crossed!

I'm usually the last person to receive my sample choice email, but oh well, what can you do. Hopefully there is something left to choose, otherwise I'll wind up with another random box, which hasn't worked out to great so far. 

This might be the first time I leave it to chance. I don't want any of the choices but odds are I will still get one. If I had to pick it would be the peel but I have so many peels and masks to get through.

I chose the macadamia oil on my oldest account with the hope that I could narrow down which boxes I would be eligible for.  I don't really need more hair oil, I have enough to make a very nice smelling slip and slide, but I thought I was putting a hair mask on my 6 year old daughter last night and it turns out that if you aren't wearing your glasses, Hask and Mask look a lot alike and I put a he tube of Hask macadamia nut oil on her.  She smelled terrific, but we had to corral the slickery hair into pigtails this morning lol.

Macadamia oil for me!  I love the product line but don't really need the any more hair oil.  I hoping to not receive any of the dreaded beaver products this month.

I also got scolded despite the fact that I. Did. Not. Pick. Early!!!!!! I used the correct email for that month and got my confirmation and everything. I was so frustrated that month. I felt like BB CS was looking everywhere for an excuse to not give me my PYS. They gave me 32 points to round me up to 200 and told me to never ever do it again. Since then, I make sure I get my confirmation email AND a CS email verifying my PYS. I also take screen shot.

I picked the BS box. First time to get a curated box. Didn't want any of the samples. Since I had already gotten the peel and the Naobay, I was afraid I would get the oil or the HP spray. Both of them would not work for me.

Even though the BS box is not that exciting, I know I can use all the items.

I went with a random box this month, none of the choices called out to me.  Hope I get lucky and get a good box this month.  Last month I got the Beaver shampoo and conditioner and the wipe in my box so that was a bit of a let down.

Latest posts

Back