Birchbox May 2015 (spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been wanting to read her book for a long time but never did get it. Maybe for summer reading I will. I think this is a great collab. Looking forward to seeing her picks. The rifle co collab was an interesting choice although I really liked my box. I loved the box design as well and will hold onto this month's box and use it for something else. It's too pretty to throw away.

You know, I looked at the sample video again, to try and get an idea about sample sizes, and I noticed it's unclear exactly which Naobay product is available for May sample choice. In the sample choice video, Lorelei calls it a "body" lotion and is shown rubbing it on her hands; however, the caption in the video calls it an "oxygenating cream moisturizer," which according to the Birchbox store is a face cream.   :wassatt:

So like the OCD nut I am, I asked them about it on their fb page. I'll let ya'll know what I hear back. 

(This message has been brought to you by the Society for People with a Ridiculous Sense of Proportion)

i'm confused. are we getting our PYS plus the items included in the cupcakes and cashere box (as there are 4)

The way I understand it is that the samples they showed were just a few of the ones that she was selecting to go out this month. There isn't truly "one" cupcakes and cashmere box because she's curating all of the items that everyone is getting. So there's no guarantee that you're going to get the four items she showed, it's just like when they do other sneak peak videos.

At least that's how I interpret it, anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

i'm confused. are we getting our PYS plus the items included in the cupcakes and cashere box (as there are 4)
I think it means she picked out ALL the items that are going to be in May boxes - those 4 were a "sneak peek" at what some subscribers might receive. So among all the various May box combinations, all 60 samples (or however many there are total) have been picked out by the Cashmere Cupcake chick. 

Though I can see why it's unclear. By choosing to showcase 4 samples in that video, they really set the stage for confusion. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Your box will contain your PYS and some items that the blogger from Cupcakes picked out. If you don't pick a sample you will probably get more of the featured items in your box.  Your total will still be 5 items unless you are one of the lucky people who gets a 6 or 7 item box. Those seem to happening less and less. 

I would really like to get Emily's new book. How does the Birchbox book club work?

Edit: I saw on her FB page that the book is available for pre-order from Amazon (and also Barnes and Noble) so I put my order in for delivery on May 18. I noticed the April section just became available in the Bonus Shop today so I don't want to wait until the end of May to get Emily's book.

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI: The Beaver shampoo and conditioner contains some sort of carcinogen. 

This is not my content, but I saw this on Imgur, and there is a post about it on Reddit as well: http://imgur.com/7uDCQw8

That's all that I know. I figured I would share.

Thanks for info - so glad I didn't use it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I was on the fence about it anyway given the ingredients and my hair status, so this was just the push I needed to swap. I have so many nice hair samples to use, and this stuff is just cheap. I'm becoming less and less enthused with Birchbox and their CS/marketing decisions lately.

Sooo, I guess BB is going to have a K-Beauty section in their shop!!

from IG

korean beauty products are crazytown. cushion blush? a green lip crayon that turns different shades of pink depending on your skin tone? pyramid-shaped mascara wands? welcome to the future, kids. look for #peripera and more k-beauty in the #birchbox shop soon! #birchboxstaffpics

11078892_643085465822564_1681957054_n.jpg

FYI: The Beaver shampoo and conditioner contains some sort of carcinogen. 

This is not my content, but I saw this on Imgur, and there is a post about it on Reddit as well: http://imgur.com/7uDCQw8

That's all that I know. I figured I would share.
Hmm, the reddit thread said someone received this from notice from BB in an email. I did not. Or was it just sent to the recipients of the Beaver shampoo residing in California? It's weird how different states have different regulations over how products are labelled. 

Hmm, the reddit thread said someone received this from notice from BB in an email. I did not. Or was it just sent to the recipients of the Beaver shampoo residing in California? It's weird how different states have different regulations over how products are labelled. 
The email is related to Prop 65, which is a CA law. I'm not from CA, but from what I can tell the email was only sent to CA subscribers. 

The email is related to Prop 65, which is a CA law. I'm not from CA, but from what I can tell the email was only sent to CA subscribers. 
I'm in California and didn't get the email until yesterday night. I wasn't planning on using them anyhow.

Back