Birchbox November 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just logged into my new account and that's what it showed for me too :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It's not bad, just not as nice as the late boxes Ive been seeing and it does seem like more of a welcome box than a Nov box. I got that Yube in my welcome box on my main account and the Liz Earle also (but I love that, so YAY for that).
But it shouldn't be a "welcome" box - that's the whole reason I contacted CS this afternoon - I have to wait until Monday to hopefully get a response.

But it shouldn't be a "welcome" box - that's the whole reason I contacted CS this afternoon - I have to wait until Monday to hopefully get a response.
When I first subbed, I got a welcome box, too, even though mine wasn't a gift sub. I don't know how or why they decide what box you get when you sub after the month starts, but I'm not sure there's any guarantee of a certain box? They might give you some points to make up for it, though!

When I first subbed, I got a welcome box, too, even though mine wasn't a gift sub. I don't know how or why they decide what box you get when you sub after the month starts, but I'm not sure there's any guarantee of a certain box? They might give you some points to make up for it, though!
I will let you know - so far (new member) I have had very good experience with CS

Since mine is a second account and stuff, I kind of figured I'd get a welcome type box, but was hopeful for a Nov.  I'm not really disappointed, it's all stuff I will probably use. I have been curious about those universal brow pencils. My brows are black and its always hard getting a good shade for them (black can be too black, brunette is too light and looks off), so I have no clue how one shade should work for all.

The Liz Earle is awesome, so that alone (well and all the points I got: 50 on my main for the referral, plus the 110 on the new account since I used a 1oo pt code when I signed up), makes this whole second account worthwhile for me.

When I first logged in it showed my second sub was getting Cuppa, Cindy Loumanizer, Harvey Prince, Voges and some other thing. Not a bad box but I got the the Cuppa and loumanizer on my main. Then I went to review the items and the welcome box magically appeared. I would love that box as it comes with Liz Earle. 

I'm a new subscriber.  My box was shipped on Nov.19 and still hasn't been rec'd by USPS.  Is this normal? 

What are y'all referring to when you talk about "clicky truck"?

According to CS:

Every subscription will always begin with a Welcome Box. This box is an introduction to our service and will contain some of our universal favorites and best sellers.

This seems weird to me, because according to site FAQ and an article CS sent me:

• Brace your mailbox! We'll send you the current month's Birchbox within 10 days. It will always include five personalized beauty samples from across categories (hair, makeup, skincare, bod—you get the idea).

What is a Welcome Box?

A "welcome box" is a Birchbox filled with our best sellers that work for everyone. A welcome box is the first box sent for all gift subscriptions.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Last edited by a moderator:
I mentioned it before, but when I first subbed 3 years ago, I got a welcome box, and I feel like it wasn't out of the ordinary then! And then it seemed like only gift subs were getting them for quite a while. Maybe they're going back to the welcome boxes for all?

The welcome boxes are actually a pretty smart idea, to me - they can send out remaining products from previous months that they don't have enough of to put in an entire box variation without worrying about product repeats. But if they are going back to them, they should probably update the site to reflect that!

According to CS:

Every subscription will always begin with a Welcome Box. This box is an introduction to our service and will contain some of our universal favorites and best sellers.

This seems weird to me, because according to site FAQ and an article CS sent me:

• Brace your mailbox! We'll send you the current month's Birchbox within 10 days. It will always include five personalized beauty samples from across categories (hair, makeup, skincare, bod—you get the idea).

What is a Welcome Box?

A "welcome box" is a Birchbox filled with our best sellers that work for everyone. A welcome box is the first box sent for all gift subscriptions.

When I bought myself a year subscription in June or July, I'm pretty sure I didn't get a welcome box. I think it was a variation of that month's box.

According to CS:

What is a Welcome Box?

CS replied to my last email were I included the above paragraphs:

"Hi there,

Thanks for your email. So sorry for the confusion! It looks like we need to update that!

For the trouble, I have added 100 Birchbox Points to your account , which is equal to $10 in our shop. You are able to read more about our Points Program and other ways to earn here.

Again, sorry for the confusion and I hope that you enjoy your future boxes! :)

Please let me know if you have other questions or concerns. For further assistance, you can also give us a call at 877-487-7272 (M-F 9a-9p EST) and we'd be happy to help.

Have a great day!"

Their CS is one of the most efficient and helpful I have encountered through my sub box journey :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I feel like an idiot. I got two of my coworkers to subscribe by showing them all the box variations, as well as my box. Hurray for my referral points!!!!! Yeah, not so much. Both of their boxes loaded today and neither of them are getting November boxes! Both are disappointed and now I feel like I mislead them. I have 3 subs. One for me, my daughter, and my mom. Both my daughter's and my mom's subs were added within the last 9 month's and neither one received a 'Welcome Box'!

Both my daughter's and my mom's subs were added within the last 9 month's and neither one received a 'Welcome Box'!
I referred myself for a second sub in early November and I got a November box.  (Haha, even had the same Juice Beauty peel that I got for my PYS in my main box.)

They should use the stuff they're putting in the welcome boxes as pick 2s and stop with the Hairkop foils.  Unless they really ran out of November boxes (it's late in the month at this point -- I think I signed up for my second account on the 8th).

Both my referrals signed up on the 20th. Do y'all think that makes a difference? No clue as to the date my family added our other two subs. Just talked to my neighbor who subscribed through my referral link last month on the 12 and she didn't get a Welcome Box.

I understand if they ran out but they should explain that to the people who are subscribing!!!!!!

I'd love to have the welcome box they are getting! Lol. Maybe we can do some trading.......

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand if they ran out but they should explain that to the people who are subscribing!!!!!!

I'd love to have the welcome box they are getting! Lol. Maybe we can do some trading.......
I'm getting:

Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream

Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum

Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish™ Hot Cloth Cleanser Starter Kit

Ofra Universal Eyebrow Pencil

TEMPTU S/B Highlighter

Are your coworkers getting the same "welcome box"?

From CS, it sounded like a very recent change - mid month maybe.

It could be they decided to go to welcome boxes for everyone to make it easier when handling new subscriptions.

Back