Easystraight will destroy your hair

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Skyblue All I hear bad stuff about Easy straight on this board has anybody try Easy Straight and got good results? Some lady from another board said Easy Straight was a good product. Did anybody try Easy Straight and it work for you?

I think a few liked it... but I don't think anyone has determined whether they were genuine reviews or people that worked for the company ... but most people that have used it have had bad results.
icon_confused.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I think a few liked it... but I don't think anyone has determined whether they were genuine reviews or people that worked for the company ... but most people that have used it have had bad results.
icon_confused.gif
Janelle,..................you used it., & I think I can say for YOU... that the product should be ban for good... Your hair was "perfect" - in MY eyes.......BUT, you felt that you had to work too hard to get it straight & just right..... For whatever EASYSTRAIGHT says it does.......Looking at your hair after you used it?????....... Sweetheart, you should of just put a Match to the ends of your hair & let it run wild......After you used it, it damaged your hair, and it looked fried....For a girl with such long shiney healthy hair - to go to a dry corn field....was a bad dream!!!!...

I know you tell the girls here - not to do it.....but there are some, that just gotta see for themselves.....they're are too many horror stories about this product which should be banned!!! They don't mention the people whose hair has fallen out from this......now, do they????? Of course not, this is worse than Chemo-therapy!!!! Janelle, please spread the word - so these poor girls don't have to go thru the heartache you went thru....,AND YOU ARE A BEAUTICIAN!!!!!... The thing is........EVERYONE IS LOOKING FOR A QUICK FIX......,and it ain't happening".... Tell them Janelle !....Love, Mom. xoxox

Originally Posted by K*O* Janelle,..................you used it., & I think I can say for YOU... that the product should be ban for good... Your hair was "perfect" - in MY eyes.......BUT, you felt that you had to work too hard to get it straight & just right..... For whatever EASYSTRAIGHT says it does.......Looking at your hair after you used it?????....... Sweetheart, you should of just put a Match to the ends of your hair & let it run wild......After you used it, it damaged your hair, and it looked fried....For a girl with such long shiney healthy hair - to go to a dry corn field....was a bad dream!!!!...

I know you tell the girls here - not to do it.....but there are some, that just gotta see for themselves.....they're are too many horror stories about this product which should be banned!!! They don't mention the people whose hair has fallen out from this......now, do they????? Of course not, this is worse than Chemo-therapy!!!! Janelle, please spread the word - so these poor girls don't have to go thru the heartache you went thru....,AND YOU ARE A BEAUTICIAN!!!!!... The thing is........EVERYONE IS LOOKING FOR A QUICK FIX......,and it ain't happening".... Tell them Janelle !....Love, Mom. xoxox

I know... I've spilled my story several times!! LOL This thread is actually what brought me to MuT! (ah the memories!
rolleyes.gif
LOL) And thats why this is probably the biggest thread on MuT! (Unfortunatly its mostly from bad experiences though!)
icon_sad.gif

June issue of Lucky Magazine...

In their "ask the editors" section, they (are you sitting down for this?) *recommend* not only using EasyStraight, but also their hair care (or should I say "hair scare"?) products!!!

This is a fashion/beauty magazine. I can't believe they would recommend a product to their readers that will damage their hair, their self esteem, their lives. What kind of person would do that?

Of course I did immediately write to Lucky, but I've written to every other beauty/fashion mag as well, with never receiving an acknowledgment and never seeing an article regarding the damage either.

It makes me sick.
mad.gif

I'm sure he's shelling out some big $$$ for that spot!
icon_rolleyes.gif
Ugh... HORRIBLE! Guess you can't take anyone's advice nowadays. Nice to see you again Rowantree!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Thank all that is good in this world that i didnt buy this stuff

I seen it and was thinking about it for a while ,,thank you all for saving my hair and other
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif
s.

Hiya Angel! I lurk around whenever possible! LOL! It's been busy past couple months so I haven't had much computer time. I love surfing MuT! roflmao - I'm such a makeup junkie!
smile.gif

ps. I did email the magazine regarding their recommendation of ES & their products but as usual, I haven't heard a thing from them!

Originally Posted by rowantree Hiya Angel! I lurk around whenever possible! LOL! It's been busy past couple months so I haven't had much computer time. I love surfing MuT! roflmao - I'm such a makeup junkie!
smile.gif

ps. I did email the magazine regarding their recommendation of ES & their products but as usual, I haven't heard a thing from them!

Hey Stranger!!! Missed ya!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Hope you hear something soon, but for some reason... I doubt it!
wink.gif

I emailed them again. I also suggested they do a little research & think about doing an article on hair straighteners & how they damage hair. Haven't heard from them and I agree with you, NY Angel, I don't think I ever will. It's sad that these magazines refuse to acknowledge the damage.

Originally Posted by defender I am interested in anyone who has had bad experiences with easy straight. Let me hear from you. that's the most horrible product i have ever used. but i think i deserved it, cause i very fine, wavy hair and i have been dying my hair since i was 13, twice a year.
nonetheless, i rather to stick with my ceramic hair straightener.

Hi everyone!

I recently bought easy straight and was planning to use it tomorrow night, but I luckily did some research first. All these horrific stories-- I'm so sorry all you girls who went through that! I was wondering if anyone has tried rinsing the cream (the white stuff with the stench that almost makes your eyes burn and you can feel your brain cells being killed...) out right after you applied it, without waiting? If anyone has, or has any advice, I'd love to hear from you!

I have heard from one woman who said she rinsed it straight away and it worked for her. The rest said no, they still ended up with fried, damaged hair. If you still have your receipt, you should be able to get your money back. Trust me, it is just SO not worth it.

Originally Posted by rowantree I have heard from one woman who said she rinsed it straight away and it worked for her. The rest said no, they still ended up with fried, damaged hair. If you still have your receipt, you should be able to get your money back. Trust me, it is just SO not worth it. I'm definitely returning it!! Thanks for the the warning! I almost want to cry just thinking about what I could have done to my hair. Does anyone know of a different product that works to straighten and defrizz hair?

Originally Posted by rach007 I'm definitely returning it!! Thanks for the the warning! I almost want to cry just thinking about what I could have done to my hair. Does anyone know of a different product that works to straighten and defrizz hair? Chemical wise, no. One of those hair straightening irons, yes. Look at your hair and decide - can you live with it?
confused.gif

What about using anti-frizz serums/gels/creams? I've found that using a serum with a cream helps. My recipe is 3-4 pumps of L'Oreal anti-frizz and 2-3 pumps of an anti-frizz cream (right now it's Garnier, but I'm not liking it that well). Another option is olive oil. I use Hollywood Beauty's Olive Oil. It's $3 a bottle. I use 5 drops if I'm not using the serum/cream combo. Rub between your palms then apply to your hair. I use it from my ears down & concentrate a little more on my ends sometimes. Not only does it improve your hair's condition, but it does help with the frizz. After blow drying, use a finishing cream. John Frieda's Brilliant Brunette seems to keep my frizz tamed. I can't say I get rid of my frizz entirely, because my frizz isn't natural - it's from using EasyStraight.

Now my hair is competely and totally fried, I have pieces at the top of my head that are shorter than the rest due to breakage. My hair is permanently frizzed until it all grows out or I shave my head. It didn't straighten my hair at all. It frizzed it out even worse, tiny crimps, and broke off at the roots at different sections of my hair. It also turned my medium to dark brown hair a brilliant orange color.
icon_eek.gif

I'm still dealing with my hair falling out in large clumps, major crimp frizz & spots where I still experience "stick ups" - sections of hair that broke & are regrowing. And by the way, it's been a year & a month since I used their product. As for the company, the president, Maria Dempsey, told me that I must not have left their product on my hair long enough. I'm a member of a class action lawsuit.
icon_evil.gif

Now, taming the frizz into some pretty curls looks a whole lot better, doesn't it?
icon_lol.gif

Rowantree is right... there is no magic wand.
icon_sad.gif
You can take the risk of totally damaging your hair with chemicals, or just work a little harder at what you have - and still have the option wearing it wavy, curly, or straight. As you probably already know from reading this thread, that most of us that used chemical straighteners have had really bad results, and having all those options back again would be really great. You only miss what you have when it's gone.
icon_cry.gif

Try a good smoothing cream (Herbal Essences has a good one out - it's new... lime green tube) and also try John Frieda Wind Down. If you want to splurge - the SexyHair concepts "StraightSexyHair" line is Amazing!!! Also get yourself some round ceramic brushes, and a good ceramic/ionic dryer (I use Vidal Sasson 'Ionizer" dryer -the silver & pink one - & I love it!)

HTH!
wink.gif

Well it's been awhile since I've been on...........missed you guys and gals. Any word on the EasyStraight law suit?

Originally Posted by Rouge047 Well it's been awhile since I've been on...........missed you guys and gals. Any word on the EasyStraight law suit? Hi! I talked with one of the lawyers back in April or May. They were having a hard time, had someone leave the firm & were trying to make sense of all the paperwork. I'm supposed to be mailing more pics to them (yawn). I was told that the process was going to take a while but I was given a $ amount that tells me if I do get that amount, this will have been worth the wait. Who knows for sure? In the meantime, the product is still on the shelves, burning scalps everywhere, and some beauty/fashion mags that should know better are promoting their so-called "hair care" products (which is really just some super nasty gunk in a nasty plastic bottle).
My hair is still fried, I keep getting it cut but I've probably got about 5-6 more inches to go before the damage is gone. I still have a nice sized bald spot on the "crown" of my scalp, but if I style my hair right, I can hide most of it. It's still pretty short, above my shoulders, and it's hard because the ends keep breaking off. One day I'll get there though!

hey you! Glad to see its getting at least a little better... I haven't heard anything more from the lawyers either...
icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by rowantree Hi! I talked with one of the lawyers back in April or May. They were having a hard time, had someone leave the firm & were trying to make sense of all the paperwork. I'm supposed to be mailing more pics to them (yawn). I was told that the process was going to take a while but I was given a $ amount that tells me if I do get that amount, this will have been worth the wait. Who knows for sure? In the meantime, the product is still on the shelves, burning scalps everywhere, and some beauty/fashion mags that should know better are promoting their so-called "hair care" products (which is really just some super nasty gunk in a nasty plastic bottle).
My hair is still fried, I keep getting it cut but I've probably got about 5-6 more inches to go before the damage is gone. I still have a nice sized bald spot on the "crown" of my scalp, but if I style my hair right, I can hide most of it. It's still pretty short, above my shoulders, and it's hard because the ends keep breaking off. One day I'll get there though!

Hey Rowan! Glad to hear that yours is getting better. Mine is somewhat better too. All the breakage at the scalp is now about grown out, but I had to get my hair cut in layers in order to hide it properly. Man can you believe it's been a year and a half! I didn't realize my hair grew so slow! I still have hair falling out and it is about 1/3 as thick as it use to be. I read on the internet the other day that these products kill the hair follicle and well that's it.
icon9.gif
I guess never to return..........

Well hang in there and hopefully the settlement will be worth the wait, but never worth the grief! Blessings!

Hi Rouge, Hi NY Angel!

Rouge, I'm sorry about your hair. Do you think what you read about the product killing the hair follicle is true? So I'm stuck with this bald line? Oh you are so right on it when you said the settlement will be worth the wait but never worth the grief! Although maybe a million or two would do it.
wink.gif

NY Angel, I've been using the Remington Wet 2 Straight hair straightener that you recommended & it's a dream! WHAT did I do before I had this thing???

Glad to hear that we're all doing good & hanging in there & I have to say, in my opinion, using EasyStraight did give me one fantastic thing - the friends here! Talk to ya guys later!

Latest posts

Back