Easystraight will destroy your hair

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by effex0r Omg this totally sucks!! I am so sorry to everyone who lost their hair ... I totally know how you feel... Last January I used Revlon Box dye... some bargain dye that was on sale at Walgreens. I figured, what the hell? I just needed to dye my hair black from pink (Immigration) and it was in really healthy and shiny condition. When I washed out the dye it fell out in CLUMPS... I ended up having to shave my head because it was breaking off at the roots (where my virgin hair was, it even killed that!)

I am still growing out my hair and it is going to be over a full year until I get it back where it was.

wow... sorry to hear that!
frown.gif

Hi everyone! I'm new to MUT and am already so thankful for it! I bought ES a few weeks ago and started reading their website. Of course all their reviews are positive, but there was one that mentioned all the bad reviews on the web. I decided to do a search and found this thread. I'm so sorry to hear about everyone's bad experiences.
icon_cry.gif
I fried my hair years ago by getting it straightened at a hair college, and thought this stuff would be ok to try. But after reading these threads I know it's not worth the risk. I'd love to have straight hair, but I'm not willing to risk damaging it. Again I'm so sorry to hear about everything everyone went thru, but I thank you all for posting your experiences. I took ES back to the store, and will never regret not trying it. I really can't thank you all enough for sharing!!!

Linz

Originally Posted by lilfireball Hi everyone! I'm new to MUT and am already so thankful for it! I bought ES a few weeks ago and started reading their website. Of course all their reviews are positive, but there was one that mentioned all the bad reviews on the web. I decided to do a search and found this thread. I'm so sorry to hear about everyone's bad experiences.
icon_cry.gif
I fried my hair years ago by getting it straightened at a hair college, and thought this stuff would be ok to try. But after reading these threads I know it's not worth the risk. I'd love to have straight hair, but I'm not willing to risk damaging it. Again I'm so sorry to hear about everything everyone went thru, but I thank you all for posting your experiences. I took ES back to the store, and will never regret not trying it. I really can't thank you all enough for sharing!!!
Linz

Glad we could help you Linz! Luckily you came to us before you used it! I unfortunately wasn't so lucky...
frown.gif
But you made the right decision in returning it!!! I'm Janelle from NY by the way... nice to meet you!
smile.gif

Hey.. I have fine curly kinky hair.. and I HATE IT... so I went to Walgreens tonight and purchased a whole bunch of stuff to try and make it straight...I got a straightener, a new brush...I also bought the EASY STRAIGHT 1 WEEK STRAIGHTENER and the EASY STRAIGHT PERFECT BLOW OUT BLOW DRY SPRAY and EASY STRAIGHT FLAT IRON FINISH SUPER STRIAGHT STYLER... I am reading all of these comments and reviews and I have to say I am scared to death to use any of this... What I am trying to find out is did you use the 1 week straightener, the three month straightener only.. OR did you use the EASY STRAIGHT PERFECT BLOW OUT BLOW DRY SPRAY or EASY STRAIGHT FLAT IRON FINISH SUPER STRIAGHT STYLER. I certainly don't want my hair to fall out or get damaged.. I have enough trouble as it is...

Any specific information is appreciated. Thanks.
sunshine.gif

Hey.. I have fine curly kinky hair.. and I HATE IT... so I went to Walgreens tonight and purchased a whole bunch of stuff to try and make it straight...I got a straightener, a new brush...I also bought the EASY STRAIGHT 1 WEEK STRAIGHTENER and the EASY STRAIGHT PERFECT BLOW OUT BLOW DRY SPRAY and EASY STRAIGHT FLAT IRON FINISH SUPER STRIAGHT STYLER... I am reading all of these comments and reviews and I have to say I am scared to death to use any of this... What I am trying to find out is did you use the 1 week straightener, the three month straightener only.. OR did you use the EASY STRAIGHT PERFECT BLOW OUT BLOW DRY SPRAY or EASY STRAIGHT FLAT IRON FINISH SUPER STRIAGHT STYLER. I certainly don't want my hair to fall out or get damaged.. I have enough trouble as it is...

Any specific information is appreciated. Thanks.
sunshine.gif

Welcome to MuT! I'm Janelle from NY. Nice to meet you !
smile.gif

I used the 3 month formula... any chemical by that company --- I'd stay away from! lol

Hi there! I'm new...this is my first post.

Are there any box kits that work? I have an 8 month old and just don't have the time to use my flat iron. Pulling my hair back all of the time is causing breakage in the front. I'd love any suggestions.

g.gif

This is only my opinion, but I say if you have breakage in front already, please do not use an at home straightening kit. Is there any way you could just use an anti-frizz serum and a cream together, or does that not work? I have the Remington Wet 2 Straight hair straightening iron and I really love it. Another option would be, if your hair is really thick, to go to a salon & ask them to "texturize" it - meaning thin it out. This really works wonders for me and makes the job of drying/straightening it go a lot faster. Good luck and welcome to MuT!

Rowantree's right (Hey girl!!!
smile.gif
) Using a straigtening kit isn't going to give you that 'wash & wear' straight look... you'll still have to dry it straight, so it's not really anything magical. It does dry your hair out - so sometimes you might find that you spend even MORE time drying/styling, because now the texture has changed. HTH and Welcome to Makeuptalk!

I'm Janelle from NY
wink.gif

Thanks for the tips. I do apprecaite it. I guess I will hold off on any straightening. I just can't stand my curly hair. What a pain!!

Thanks for the welcome!!
wavey.gif

I'm Marisa from PA by the way!

Hi Marissa! I know with an 8 month old you barely have time to breathe, but if you ever do find some "mom time", check out all the hair posts here - these women know their stuff & have some fantastic tips & great advice!

smile.gif

Kelly from Indiana

Hi There

I am so glad i found this site.

The Easystraight was on The View this week and i was plaining on buying but now i have to think twice about it.

One question the bad review's on this product where made 2 years ago, do u think that maybe they improved the product?

I guess the ppl that had good reviews on it are more then the ppl that had bad, so i guess it depense on your hair type and how u apply it.

If it was that bad it would of been taken off the selfs.

Thanks

Originally Posted by lolypop Hi ThereI am so glad i found this site.

The Easystraight was on The View this week and i was plaining on buying but now i have to think twice about it.

One question the bad review's on this product where made 2 years ago, do u think that maybe they improved the product?

I guess the ppl that had good reviews on it are more then the ppl that had bad, so i guess it depense on your hair type and how u apply it.

If it was that bad it would of been taken off the selfs.

Thanks

1st off Welcome to MuT!
every1 has their own opinions ... there's also a thread on MuT where users have had positive experiences w/it.

Thank you for sharing that horrible experiences of yours. I don't think I'll buy it no more lol.

Hi Lolypop! I do know that they changed the instructions, whether or not that means they changed the formula, I really don't know. I do know some people have had really positive experiences and others have had nightmares. I'm in the nightmare category, btw, still dealing with the mess 2 yrs later!

I did read a review (I don't think it was here at MuT) from a woman who had Haime Munoz himself apply EasyStraight to her hair at his salon and her hair fried. I know 2 yrs ago the FDA was checking out all of the complaints...I don't know how fast or slow the FDA moves with removing products like this. I do know the class action lawsuit has been ongoing for 2 yrs, which I think is just absolutely ridiculous!

I guess bottom line is that as a consumer you just need to gather as much information as you can and then make your own decision as to whether or not you want to try a product. I
heart.gif
the reviews here at MuT; I've checked the reviews, then decided not to try after all, although many times I've went ahead and tried products I normally wouldn't have!

Hello Everyone! Rowentree, HarleyMom, NyA, and all those that have been around on this thread for oh almost 3 years now!! I have really been out of the loop and thought I would come back to MUT and check things out and see what was going on. Been busy planning my 28yo daughters wedding coming up in October!!

I used the product in May of 2004 and finally my hair has grown back out. I can't believe that I have just read that the law suit has not been settled yet. Any word at all Gals from the law firm?

Hope everyone is doing well, and was glad to come back and see that everyone is still here, plus so many new ones!! Good going MUT! Hope that not all have had a bad experience like I did and some of the others.

Everyone take care and HAPPY 4th!!

Back