Fortune Cookie Soap Box: Summer Soap Box 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@@biancardi  You called it!! (On the new product.  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> )  I agree it sounds amazing.

@@mandithomas89  What's the book?  Please share.

I enjoy Rachel Whitehurst's videos & find her cussing very candid & refreshing (but, that's just me.)   :lol:
Haha I actually like it too. Reminds me of one of my friends back home!

It's Looking for Alaska by John Green. I used to work at after school recreation at a school called John Green Elementary for a few years, so when the author started getting popular, I wanted to read something by him just because of his name. My little sister LOVES him and has several of his books, although funnily enough, she has never read the one that's becoming a movie, The Fault In Our Stars. Anyway, I kept asking her to give a book of his to read first and she picked that one. It's intense but good so far.

I'm getting more and more excited for this box!  At first I wasn't sure about the candy theme, I bought their cotton candy scrub for my daughter, and I wasn't a fan.  But now that I see most of the scents are sweet and fruity I can't wait! 

Haha I actually like it too. Reminds me of one of my friends back home!

It's Looking for Alaska by John Green. I used to work at after school recreation at a school called John Green Elementary for a few years, so when the author started getting popular, I wanted to read something by him just because of his name. My little sister LOVES him and has several of his books, although funnily enough, she has never read the one that's becoming a movie, The Fault In Our Stars. Anyway, I kept asking her to give a book of his to read first and she picked that one. It's intense but good so far.
Thanks!

Sorry OT of FCS:

I keep seeing John Green's books and haven't read any yet.  I'm going to look him up the next time I'm at the library.

My current fav teen fiction (& I am far from a teen) is The 5th Wave, I can't wait for the sequel. 

Thanks!

Sorry OT of FCS:

I keep seeing John Green's books and haven't read any yet.  I'm going to look him up the next time I'm at the library.

My current fav teen fiction (& I am far from a teen) is The 5th Wave, I can't wait for the sequel. 
I really like the style of his writing so far. 

What's it about? Up until reading The Hunger Games, I hadn't read any teen fiction in a few years. But then I read the Divergent series earlier this year and my last Half Price Books trip was all dystopian teen books.

:( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I have a weird feeling that I'm not going to get this summer bag. I ordered it before midnight CST on the 5th, but when I check the customer portal information they sent me, it says May 6th. They were VERY clear that it had to be on the 5th. I guess I'll be sending them an email tomorrow.

I'm also probably not going to be getting my Rainbow Honey mother's day gift I got myself in time for mother's day, as they just printed the postage today and the post office doesn't even have it yet.

And my last whine of the day, our hot water heater is leaking and has to be replaced, and they aren't coming out until Saturday.

Not a good week for me. Bleh. Thanks for listening :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just noticed I never got charged, even though I e-mailed them my updated payment info & they said they changed it. Oh no!  :blink:

I didn't either, but my account says 5/5. So I should get it right? 
My account says 5/6 =( wish me luck, because I don't want to wait three freaking months.  I'll be asking for a refund.  Even my credit card says 5/5. 

:( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I have a weird feeling that I'm not going to get this summer bag. I ordered it before midnight CST on the 5th, but when I check the customer portal information they sent me, it says May 6th. They were VERY clear that it had to be on the 5th. I guess I'll be sending them an email tomorrow.

I'm also probably not going to be getting my Rainbow Honey mother's day gift I got myself in time for mother's day, as they just printed the postage today and the post office doesn't even have it yet.

And my last whine of the day, our hot water heater is leaking and has to be replaced, and they aren't coming out until Saturday.

Not a good week for me. Bleh. Thanks for listening :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
That's no fun :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> my hot water tank had issues 2 weeks ago as well due to this cold winter we just had. Got dinged a large bill for someone to fix it. Keep you're head high :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't either, but my account says 5/5. So I should get it right? 
Call them up , I just called them and they said if you paid on the 5th by midnight you will be getting May's box. They start shipping this Monday (May 13th)

Code:
Customer Service HoursMonday-Friday 10am -6pm CST918-995-7313

Last edited by a moderator:
That's no fun :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> my hot water tank had issues 2 weeks ago as well due to this cold winter we just had. Got dinged a large bill for someone to fix it. Keep you're head high :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Thank you, lovey!  I'm trying!!! He was actually able to get out here today to install a brand-new water heater!!!  The carpet cleaning guys are coming later today to clean the carpet in my son's room (where the leak was) and a maintenance guy is coming a little after that to check the walls for mold.  I've been complaining that we needed a new water heater for over a year now (we are stuck renting right now, so the property management company and owner of the house kept refusing and kept sending out guys who said there was "nothing wrong" even though I couldn't even take a full hot shower... lol) and now that we're getting a new one, woohoo!!!!!!!! 

So yeah, yesterday sucked, but it's looking up... Now, if they would only respond with confirmation that I'm getting my box, my crappy couple of days will have turned right around! 

So I didn't get an e-mail about them shipping soon.  I paid back in February and still have my confirmation e-mails.  Should I get in touch with them?

Latest posts

Back