Hair Tips & Homemade Treatments

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for the great info!

I've been using a water/baking soda/vinegar solution every other day for my hair and it is fantastic. My hair is somewhat oily, and I'm trying to not shampoo every day.

i am using vinegar sometimes too but it makes my hair too silky and i dont like that becuse i wear backcombed hairstyle.

Gets your hair super strong and also helps with dandraff!

This is a japanese oil tretment that should be used 3 times a week. But the ginger can irratate a sensative scelp, if you want, disregard it and just used the sesame oil tretment.

You'll Need:

Fresh Ginger Root

Sesame Oil

Preparation:

Grate a piece of the ginger root with a grarter, place in a piece of gauze and squeeze out the juice (discard the solid parts). Mix the juice and oil in 1:1 ratio. Make a new batch for each use.

To Use:

Message the oil mixture into the scalp and through hair. 10 mins prior to shampooing.

You can also leave on hair as a pack treatment. Wrap in a warm damp towl and leave on for 30mins or up tp 3 hours. Rince and shapoo. *Ginger can irratate the scalp, rinse right away if this happends. Repeat 3 times a week.

thanks for the tips !!!

wink.gif

Thanks you for the tips.
smile.gif
I will try your recipe tonight. I've heard a lot of talk over Alma and henna, and I think I'm finally convinced to try it.

I haven't decided if henna is good or not. All I know is that henna coats the hair with a coating allowing the hair to shine. But I heard that it's not always good for your hair if you dye it on a regular basis because it can prevent your hair from being dyed.

try jasmin oil as a hair treatment. i foudn that stuff for cheap in an indian store, and it works great. plus i have forgotten how much i love the jasmin scent.

Great tips! thanks a lot, I will try the vinegar stuff, My hair sometimes lacks the shine when I forget to use conditioner a few times....

when it comes to combing my hair....I dont, I comb my hair only after washing it, after that i wont comb it untill the next wash, sounds a bit weird I know, but this really prevents my ends to split

I have very easy hair, so when I straighten it it wouldnt need a fix up untill I wash it again

For #1: That's actually for greasy hair, it reduces the sebum secretion. You will notice that some oily hair shampoos have lemon, like Elseve in Pink, the light version.

henna is good if u have dark hair..because it does color your hair!!! so if u are anything but adark brown or black..i suggest u not use it..it will give u copper/red tones..i have dark brown..and when i use henna (usually in the summer..cuz it keeps u'r head nice and cool..lol..it gives my hair a ting of copper color in the sun..otherwise not very noticable...but it is good for hair...

amla on the other hand..haven't really used but a lot of desi girls swear by it...u can find it at any indian shop usually..they look like small green tomatoes..

lemons on the other hand..have heard that they are also good for the hair..but they also highlight your hair if u leave it on and go out in the sun...hope i help somewhat..
smile.gif

I use a hair treatment once a week..its a mixture of gram flour..yogurt..egg..lemon juice..honey and banana pulp..apart from this i oil my hair once a week with either olive oil or mustard oil (mustard oil puts life back to my hair) Or the other options are amla hair oil or vatika hair oil (its a herbal hair oil consisting of coconut oil..amla..henna..and lemon extract..not sure if its available in U.S but its one of my faVouritez)..as far as the rinse off conditioner is concerned..i wana l0ve using it but everytime i use it i decide i wont use it again..for the simple reason that it neither has any positive affect nor any negative affect on my hair so for me its just a waste of time cuz i'v oready got smooth silky hair
smile.gif
but still i use it sometimes hehe..well this is all about my hair care routine:)

Great Post... and huge information...

Hair loss can be an embarrassing situation for anyone, young or old. But there are things that can be done to stop hair loss and even re-grow lost hair.

You have mentioned all possible ways to maintain a healthy hair...

It was great to read all the information...

Originally Posted by esha /img/forum/go_quote.gif I haven't decided if henna is good or not. All I know is that henna coats the hair with a coating allowing the hair to shine. But I heard that it's not always good for your hair if you dye it on a regular basis because it can prevent your hair from being dyed. true. you can't die your hair six months after you put henna on.

all hair dressers here say that.

Originally Posted by homemade-beauty /img/forum/go_quote.gif Check out homemade-beauty.webs.com for more good homemade remedies. This is a great site! Thanks

OMG... this is so AWESOME and INFORMATIVE!!!

But... I do wonder, is putting lemon juice on your scalp bad at all for your hair? It just seems that it could dry out your hair... but again I have no idea (obviously I wouldn't be asking this question lol).

Excuse me for questioning, I just wanna know. Thanks!

Originally Posted by ashbee /img/forum/go_quote.gif henna is good if u have dark hair..because it does color your hair!!! so if u are anything but adark brown or black..i suggest u not use it..it will give u copper/red tones..i have dark brown..and when i use henna (usually in the summer..cuz it keeps u'r head nice and cool..lol..it gives my hair a ting of copper color in the sun..otherwise not very noticable...but it is good for hair...amla on the other hand..haven't really used but a lot of desi girls swear by it...u can find it at any indian shop usually..they look like small green tomatoes..

lemons on the other hand..have heard that they are also good for the hair..but they also highlight your hair if u leave it on and go out in the sun...hope i help somewhat..
smile.gif

How would I obtain or make my own henna to use this on my hair? I have insanely dark hair (well, not jet black... but still pretty dark!). I'll go for anything that makes it slightly lighter AND is good for the hair! Oh! and exactly HOW would I put it on my hair and for how long? I mean, do I just slather it on? LOL.. ahh! Sorry this is all just so much information and it's super interesting!!!

For Healthy and Shiny hair

• It is better to apply castor oil for a healthy growth of hair.
  • Wash hair with tea once in a week.
  • Apply besan in the hair and wash it with water drained from the cooked rice.
  • Soak a handful of gooseberry in a cup of milk for two hours. Make it as a paste and apply in the hair.
  • Apply the mixture of an egg white, 2 spoon of castor oil, 1 spoon glycerin, in the scalp and hair. Wash it after some time.
  • Massage hair with warm coconut oil an hour before washing. Let it soak. Cover your head with a hot towel and wash your hair after an hour or so.
  • Boil a few hibiscus flowers in coconut oil. Filter and use this hair oil to control hair loss and thinning.

Back