Julep July 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by lexxies22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ok now I'm understanding this. It's weird how this person's version of description is confusing. Instead using the word Version 1 that would have been a Day box and say combination etc. instead not using the word Version 1 to avoid confusion and use the EXACT word: Day box, Night box, OR Day/Night combo box that deliver more concise information. I'm sorry I misunderstood that. Yet, that's kinda disappointing for the Day/Night combo box. When people upgrade sub box from $24.99 to $50 bucks ended up with a dozen plus add on polishes. So the combo mystery box was $39.99 nearly $40 bucks would have at least 8 polishes. Does that make any sense? Will cancel Julep tmrw. Glad for summer glitter polishes.
hahahh your posts trying to sort out your confusion were creating the confusion for the rest of us LOL, I reread everything twice and it all makes sense now. Since you hadn't seen the mystery months where there were no names like "day/night" there was just one single name "St. Patties mystery box" and there were always different versions with different values of the mystery boxes.

My big mystery box is out for delivery. Unfortunately I won't know what's in it until after 5 pm!

Originally Posted by angismith /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is anybody else NOT excited about the toe separators? I have really bad diabetic neuropathy and have to wear shoes on my feet all the time, so I don't "do" pedicures. I guess I can always give them away .....
I give myself weekly pedicures so I'm actually excited about the toe separators. Except I wish they were gel so they would last longer!

hahahh your posts trying to sort out your confusion were creating the confusion for the rest of us LOL, I reread everything twice and it all makes sense now. Since you hadn't seen the mystery months where there were no names like "day/night" there was just one single name "St. Patties mystery box" and there were always different versions with different values of the mystery boxes.
Yeah, I'm kinda new to mystery boxes concept. I'm soo disappointed that I won't get julep points for that. Kinda dumb tho. I'm glad to see there are variations so hopefully I could get that something in blue polish. I joined Julep since April '13 so I haven't been really gotten into Julep culture lately. I've been skipping soo I got the intro box and June box that's it.

I decided to hold out on the mystery box. Honestly, I don't want to get dupes, even though the two new colors are guaranteed. I'm hoping for a really awesome August since it is anniversary month! Skipping the mystery box will make me feel less guilty for getting a full upgrade if it is great collection.

Originally Posted by jessicalriley /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I decided to hold out on the mystery box. Honestly, I don't want to get dupes, even though the two new colors are guaranteed. I'm hoping for a really awesome August since it is anniversary month! Skipping the mystery box will make me feel less guilty for getting a full upgrade if it is great collection.
I totally feel the same way as you do! I have 6500 Jules so if I do upgrade its going to be free :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by jessicalriley /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's awesome! I'm ab 1000 Jules away from a free upgrade. I've been saving up my Jules for an extra special treat.
smile.gif
Or I could do 3 months for free! That would be pretty awesome too :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 8 more days till we find out!

Ahhhh! I came home from the gym to find my mystery box sitting at my front door. I purchased the Big Summer mystery box ($39.99). I got a big one(version 4). 17 polishes, instant warming foot scrub, arousal lip gloss, and makeup brush.

colors from left to right: raegan, monica, kyla, nina, leslie, Nicolette, Emmanuelle, charlotte, Charlie, sally, bess, felicity, amber, lucy, Martha, niecy, and ellie.

Originally Posted by Sputinka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is anyone else having issues with the dry oil nozzle getting stuck?
sorry to post twice but i forgot to quote.

I am totally having an issue with the nozzle sticking. I'm glad it's not just me.

i got big box version 1....7 polishes and toe seperators, makeup brush and sample...2 dupes and 2 look alikes from the 9 juleps i already have..... i think ill stick to the monthlys from now on, but i love how the 2 excusives look so far :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Wow, quite the difference in number of polishes in the big boxes, if I'm understanding the posts correctly - 7 vs. 17 polishes?  Not even counting the other items, the 17 polishes would be $2.35 each - cheaper than during the warehouse sale!

My big box was great, of course, maybe 10 polishes, but not like the others above.  Oh, the makeup brush does have a nice weight and feel though.  I'm excited for the one labeled suede finish.  Never had one of those before.  Anyway, congrats ladies on the awesome hauls!

Originally Posted by autopilot /img/forum/go_quote.gif

wow! I can't see your image, but that's what I'm talkin' bout!
No kidding! I was kinda meh about the last mystery box I purchased a couple months ago. This one is amazing! I have been a Maven since Jan '12 and have over 80 polishes not including these and I only got 5 dupes out of the 17 I received.

Originally Posted by MrsYaYaMom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ahhhh! I came home from the gym to find my mystery box sitting at my front door. I purchased the Big Summer mystery box ($39.99). I got a big one(version 4). 17 polishes, instant warming foot scrub, arousal lip gloss, and makeup brush.

colors from left to right: raegan, monica, kyla, nina, leslie, Nicolette, Emmanuelle, charlotte, Charlie, sally, bess, felicity, amber, lucy, Martha, niecy, and ellie.
Um...I think you hit the jackpot!!   Congrats.  
smile.gif

I also received - version 4 of the big box Summertime Mystery with the 17 polishes and exactly the same other items described above. My best mystery box ever!

I got this same big box version, which is version 2.

Polishes are: Emanuelle, Nicolette, Amber, Raegan, Felicity and the new ones: Kyla and Monica
Pretty happy considering I would not have worn some of the other colors :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back