Let's Get Fit Together!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by norther /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I used to run 5 miles a day until I dislocated my left knee early last year - I haven't run regularly since then because I still get stabbing pains in my knee when I try. Sometimes I can't even walk properly. I'm in physical therapy and my PT has given me the all clear to get back to running with a program she's set up for me, and now that the weather has cooled down to tolerable, I can't wait to start!

I don't really have any weight loss goals since I already have a pretty athletic build (5'5, 125 lbs, 18% body fat, and I'm about a size 2 - I could go up or down a size depending on the store), but I'd like to tone up just a bit more, and I want abs!! I always have that little stubborn layer of fat that won't budge and since I'm headed off to holiday in 3 months, I REALLY just want to zap it so I won't be so self conscious over it all the time.

I never watch what I eat but because of my stomach being terrible, all that I really can eat regularly is pretty much fruit, veg, dairy, and fish, which are all healthy.
A good exercise that targets abs is sitting with ur back against a wall, legs bent slightly and spread about shoulder width apart, hands between ur legs and lift ur legs about 6" off the floor. Not as easy as it sounds lol Not sure what this exercise is called but it targets abs for sure.

Hezzie: I saw this in Fitness Magazine and thought of you, I know you were asking about kettlebell workouts last week or so.

Kettlebell Kickboxing Scorcher Series $60.00 @ kettlebellkickboxing.com

Not sure if this is what you were looking for but it looks like fun to me and Im considering getting it.

Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hezzie: I saw this in Fitness Magazine and thought of you, I know you were asking about kettlebell workouts last week or so.

Kettlebell Kickboxing Scorcher Series $60.00 @ kettlebellkickboxing.com

Not sure if this is what you were looking for but it looks like fun to me and Im considering getting it.
I'll have to check this out because I LOVE kickboxing and I am still considering the kettlebell. Thanks for the info!!

Originally Posted by Hezzie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

A good exercise that targets abs is sitting with ur back against a wall, legs bent slightly and spread about shoulder width apart, hands between ur legs and lift ur legs about 6" off the floor. Not as easy as it sounds lol Not sure what this exercise is called but it targets abs for sure.
that definitely sounds like a great ab workout that won't be too hard on my back either! I'll be sure to try it out soon.

Originally Posted by Lisa N /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does anyone have any workout DVD's they really like?  I go to Zumba once a week, then do the DVD's at home.  I also just got one of the Dancing with the Stars cardio DVD's and holy crap I thought I was going to have a heart attack during the jive!  I have one by Julianne Hough that I don't care for at all.  I'm always looking to see what other people like.  I tend to enjoy the dance based ones most.
insanity if you can handle it!

Originally Posted by Lisa N /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does anyone have any workout DVD's they really like?  I go to Zumba once a week, then do the DVD's at home.  I also just got one of the Dancing with the Stars cardio DVD's and holy crap I thought I was going to have a heart attack during the jive!  I have one by Julianne Hough that I don't care for at all.  I'm always looking to see what other people like.  I tend to enjoy the dance based ones most.

A friend's 20yr old daughter went thru it, she got toned up.  I'm still not strong enough to not die 1/4 thru a session but that's on my agenda.  30lbs to go before Insanity.

Originally Posted by Onlyummy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So, I've lost just over 30ls in 6 months. Some thats a little slow but I am more than pleased with my progress. I have made lots of changes in my life in a short period of time and it has been HARD but more than worth it. I want to lose another 15 by Christmas and I think thats reasonable. I hope everyone has a great week!

So, I've lost just over 30ls in 6 months. Some thats a little slow but I am more than pleased with my progress. I have made lots of changes in my life in a short period of time and it has been HARD but more than worth it. I want to lose another 15 by Christmas and I think thats reasonable. I hope everyone has a great week!
I don't think that's slow. I think that's awesome.

Congrats girl!!! That's not slow at all, you should feel really accomplished 
laughing.gif

I'm baaaaccckk. I fell off the wagon for a long time, but I got my groove back :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Yesterday I killed 2 miles yesterday!!!!!!

I'm going camping this weekend and I already know I'll b going off the wagon. I guess I can't be perfect all the time! As long as I get back to my routine Monday, I'll be happy.

On a side note, I spun out getting on the highway this morning. It was crazy! It was like I hit a patch of ice but there was no ice. My Jeep is fine, steering is fine. Hubby thinks there must have been something on the road. It was sooooo scary! Thank God I didn't hit anyone.

I'm going camping this weekend and I already know I'll b going off the wagon. I guess I can't be perfect all the time! As long as I get back to my routine Monday, I'll be happy. On a side note, I spun out getting on the highway this morning. It was crazy! It was like I hit a patch of ice but there was no ice. My Jeep is fine, steering is fine. Hubby thinks there must have been something on the road. It was sooooo scary! Thank God I didn't hit anyone.
Good thing you are okay!

I'm going camping this weekend and I already know I'll b going off the wagon. I guess I can't be perfect all the time! As long as I get back to my routine Monday, I'll be happy. On a side note, I spun out getting on the highway this morning. It was crazy! It was like I hit a patch of ice but there was no ice. My Jeep is fine, steering is fine. Hubby thinks there must have been something on the road. It was sooooo scary! Thank God I didn't hit anyone.
One of my cousins passed away 2 years ago after getting in a freak accident because he hit some oil that was spilled on the freeway. It was horrible, on the news they showed his suburban, no one would have survived that accident. It still makes me sick to my stomach. Glad u are ok and that u avoided a collision!

bad bad weekend lol and the week isnt going much better lol I don't strive for perfection, thank God! I've gained like a pound so I can't really complain. Just need to get back in the saddle ASAP. Lately I'm having such a hard time being consistent with my exercise. Hopefully I can get back into a routine. I hope everyone else is doing good :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Does anyone run on the treadmill and also do outdoor running? I only run on the treadmill and wanted to know what the difference was. Do you get tired more easily? Do you run slower or faster?

Originally Posted by aleeeshuh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does anyone run on the treadmill and also do outdoor running? I only run on the treadmill and wanted to know what the difference was. Do you get tired more easily? Do you run slower or faster?
I find it easier to run outside, mentally. I cannot run on the treadmill for more than 5 minutes. But running outside is physically more difficult, and I know I'm not the only one who feels that way. I run slower outside. Its definitely more physical I think.

yeah i figured it would be more difficult. Do you run on various inclines? Or is it flat pavement? I wanna try running outside, but I want to know what to expect

I find it easier to run outside, mentally. I cannot run on the treadmill for more than 5 minutes. But running outside is physically more difficult, and I know I'm not the only one who feels that way. I run slower outside. Its definitely more physical I think.

i'm running a 5k next month! also, i've joined ww which i find extremely helpful in my quest to be more healthy.

YAY!! good for you :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Do you regularly run outside or the treadmill?

Originally Posted by cosmia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i'm running a 5k next month! also, i've joined ww which i find extremely helpful in my quest to be more healthy.

Latest posts

Back