Quantcast

Makeup assignments...

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score
... i have 2 assignments to do for a makeup course i did last year, and i am in need of some help, so where better for me to ask than here!!

Assignment 1 - writing 1500 words on anything to do with makeup. I have no idea what to write about! The most obvious is how makeup has evolved, but i wanted to do something a little different, if possible!

Assignment 2 - designing a makeup kit! Basically, everything from scratch. I have a fair idea of what to include, but thought i'd ask for opinions here - and the products have to be available in the UK please!

Thanx so much!

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bhav ... i have 2 assignments to do for a makeup course i did last year, and i am in need of some help, so where better for me to ask than here!!
Assignment 1 - writing 1500 words on anything to do with makeup. I have no idea what to write about! The most obvious is how makeup has evolved, but i wanted to do something a little different, if possible!

Assignment 2 - designing a makeup kit! Basically, everything from scratch. I have a fair idea of what to include, but thought i'd ask for opinions here - and the products have to be available in the UK please!

Thanx so much!

Maybe something about different types of makeup, expensive and cheap brands, and how each are in quality... maybe do an experimental type essay and write your findings... I dunno - I'm like Trisha ... I like to have a topic beforehand to at least know what direction to go in...

Reaction score
Or why there is a need for makeup in the first place. (don't get me wrong, I love Makeup!!
) As DUDE (
) said, is it for selfesteem, is it because of men, do women feel they need to look pretty all the time (why?). That would be an essay I would love to read. I think that being a REALLY good MUA also means knowing exactly what women feel/want, and why they want it. Knowing this would also make you a much better "salesperson". Not only would you make the customer feel much better about themselves, but they will trust you and your judgements/recommendations much more. Do you guys know what I mean?

Regarding your makeup kit, I guess the basics are obvious: foundations, shadows, blushes, tools etc etc. Just make sure you have that UD primer on there!!!

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Naturally for the 1st one ..how about how it's evolved ...I mean the styles ..go for each decade! I like this idea. M/U has definitely been different throughout the years. It's just like clothing styles. M/U is just the same.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bhav ... i have 2 assignments to do for a makeup course i did last year, and i am in need of some help, so where better for me to ask than here!!

Assignment 2 - designing a makeup kit! Basically, everything from scratch. I have a fair idea of what to include, but thought i'd ask for o...pinions here - and the products have to be available in the UK please!

Thanx so much!

Kim's idea is cool! I would like to read about this. I think something like that teaches the different looks throughout the years that is helpful especially if you want to be an artist.

Reaction score
I like Kim's idea about how it has evolved. Plus, I have seen articles about this, so it would be fairly easy for you to get info on it.

Reaction score
I'm liking Destiny's idea.. Why is there a need for make up! Best of luck with your assigments Bhav

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Trisha What course are you doing? It sounds really interesting! I done a 4 week course at the London School of Beauty and Makeup in London. 2 weeks were basics, and the next 2 weeks were creative - where we had different MA's coming in and teaching us different techniques. Was really interesting and i did it because i know some companies want qualifications.

Reaction score
Thanx for the suggestions on the essay everyone! Now i need to decide what to write, and research it!

Destiny - i am DEFINITELY having UD Primer Potion in my kit - it is AMAZING stuff!!

Reaction score
For the first one, some things I'm wondering about are:

-how to best use makeup to your benefit - like what colors complement what skin tones/eye colors/hair colors, how to use makeup to make your face seen fuller/less full, things like that.

-differences/similarities between drugstore/high end brands - are you really getting your money's worth?

Latest posts