Memebox Discussion August 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just ordered my first ever Memebox for the F/W colors kit--they had me at purple, sealed the deal at green, and made me literally squeel out loud at berry. Seriously. My husband asked me what was wrong when I made that sound. (He may make that sound tomorrow when he finds out I placed the order, but I had a coupon code, so it wasn't too bad). I also want ready to ship boxes Pore Care 3 and Herbal Cosmetics. Considering All about Lips and Earth and Sea. I just don't have the money for much right now. So I'm hoping the F/W will knock it out of the park. The boxes always seem to be an excellent value for little money, at least based on what I've seen on Youtube. That was what convinced me to place the order. I'm broke!

Just ordered my first ever Memebox for the F/W colors kit--they had me at purple, sealed the deal at green, and made me literally squeel out loud at berry. Seriously. My husband asked me what was wrong when I made that sound. (He may make that sound tomorrow when he finds out I placed the order, but I had a coupon code, so it wasn't too bad). I also want ready to ship boxes Pore Care 3 and Herbal Cosmetics. Considering All about Lips and Earth and Sea. I just don't have the money for much right now. So I'm hoping the F/W will knock it out of the park. The boxes always seem to be an excellent value for little money, at least based on what I've seen on Youtube. That was what convinced me to place the order. I'm broke!
Welcome to beginning of memebox addiction! Actually, I think we are all a little broke when it comes to memebox since we spend so much on them! They certainly have terrific value for majority of their boxes and I'm sure you will like memebox. Think about it this way, when you buy memebox, you save in buying more expensive skin care/makeup items from regular stores.  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got the herbal and it isn't anything like the description - they included a rose scented vagina oil and a jasmine balt salt - no peppermint or tea tree. 

Welcome to beginning of memebox addiction! Actually, I think we are all a little broke when it comes to memebox since we spend so much on them! They certainly have terrific value for majority of their boxes and I'm sure you will like memebox. Think about it this way, when you buy memebox, you save in buying more expensive skin care/makeup items from regular stores.  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Thanks! I really am broke though, with or without Memebox. The only reason I ordered the box I did was because it was one of the cheaper boxes and it specifically mentioned 3 colors I know I'll use. Plus, you always get a higher value than what you pay in. So yes, I do understand how it helps avoid buying more expensive items elsewhere.

I got the herbal and it isn't anything like the description - they included a rose scented vagina oil and a jasmine balt salt - no peppermint or tea tree. 
Oh! That makes me a bit worried! I added it to my wishlist based on seeing an unboxing on Youtube. I thought all Memeboxes were the same, except for maybe color variations on cosmetics. Yikes! If they change boxes after shipping some out, that might mean I won't get addicted to them at all. I don't like a bait and switch situation!!!

Oh! That makes me a bit worried! I added it to my wishlist based on seeing an unboxing on Youtube. I thought all Memeboxes were the same, except for maybe color variations on cosmetics. Yikes! If they change boxes after shipping some out, that might mean I won't get addicted to them at all. I don't like a bait and switch situation!!!
Each Memebox all have the same items in it so you're good!  If you liked what you saw in the Herbal box then go for it!  Just be aware that it doesn't fit its description from the Memebox website.  It mentions a few scents like Peppermint that are not present in the box and instead there are floral scents like rose, etc.  For people who were expecting an Herbal box not a Floral box, that was an unpleasant surprise!

But you already know what's in the box and you like it all, so you should be fine!  I do think it's pretty funny there is a perfume for your ladyparts in that box, though!

Who's excited for their August Boxes? 

Memebox Global #14
Vitamin Care
Cooling Care
Zero Cosmetics
Waterproof
Superfood
Hair & Body 3
K-Beauty Wrap-Up
Brightening Skin Care
Floral
Tropical Fruits
Sweet Shop
Luckybox #8
Those are the boxes I'm getting.  I think I'm a teeeensy bit out of control.  Cooling, Superfood and Brightening are at the top of my excitement list.  Then KBeauty Wrap up and Tropical Fruits.  And Global #14.  And Luckybox #8. 

Oh, fine, I'm excited for all of them!  And I still hope I can snag a My Cute Wishlist...

I have alot coming, but like anyone else I am excited about the a scentboxes!! Hopefully some more HG stuff~
I absolutely adore that Grapefruit spray I got...  LOVE IT!  I'm going to be so sad when it's gone.  And at the rate I'm using it, it won't be long.  So hopefully there will be something tropically amazing in the new boxes.

Each Memebox all have the same items in it so you're good!  If you liked what you saw in the Herbal box then go for it!  Just be aware that it doesn't fit its description from the Memebox website.  It mentions a few scents like Peppermint that are not present in the box and instead there are floral scents like rose, etc.  For people who were expecting an Herbal box not a Floral box, that was an unpleasant surprise!

But you already know what's in the box and you like it all, so you should be fine!  I do think it's pretty funny there is a perfume for your ladyparts in that box, though!
Oh, I get it now. Yes, I was going on the video and not the description. I think the herbal cleansing oil gel might be nice to use when I'm wearing heavier makeup--kind of like the Dermalogica pre cleanse sample I have but am running low on. Then I love drinking Rooibos, so I'd like to try that in skin care form. The video didn't mention a perfume for 'down there,' but I guess that was the Rose essence or whatever. I'd probably just toss a bit in the tub and use it that way, lol! I can certainly understand the frustration of pre ordering before the contents were known when you had to go by the description alone only to find out it was misleading. I hope I don't face that with the F/W box. I want those purple, green, and berry colors! 

Thanks for helping me understand things a bit better everyone. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
If you saw the unboxing, that is what was in it.  they had a rose scented perfume for your ladyparts and a jasmine bath salt - no tea tree or peppermint as the description stated for the box.

based on the description for the F/W colors, the green doesn't sound like a forest or deep green, but a pastel green.

Oh, I get it now. Yes, I was going on the video and not the description. I think the herbal cleansing oil gel might be nice to use when I'm wearing heavier makeup--kind of like the Dermalogica pre cleanse sample I have but am running low on. Then I love drinking Rooibos, so I'd like to try that in skin care form. The video didn't mention a perfume for 'down there,' but I guess that was the Rose essence or whatever. I'd probably just toss a bit in the tub and use it that way, lol! I can certainly understand the frustration of pre ordering before the contents were known when you had to go by the description alone only to find out it was misleading. I hope I don't face that with the F/W box. I want those purple, green, and berry colors! 

Thanks for helping me understand things a bit better everyone. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
The two products you mentioned from the Herbal box, I use them both everyday and love them! The oil cleansing gel is smooth and creamy and smells AMAZING but you definitely need to follow up with a cream or foaming cleaner, as you should anyway. As for the Rooibos, I just started using it about 5 days ago after having a horrible allergic reaction to another serum and moisturizer and I like it so far. It's extremely light, but nice for summer.I really liked the Herbal box. Many of us were just upset it didn't actually seem a bit more "herbal" if that makes any sense.

well, I was upset because I am allergic to those 2 scents :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />   I would have never purchased it if memebox had stated rose & jasmine and took out peppermint & tea tree....  I still think that was false advertising.

I finally opened the rose oil and figured I would just use it in one of my oil burners -- the smell was so horrid it reminded me of the deodorizer they use in public toilets. Not exactly something I want my home smelling like.

I finally opened the rose oil and figured I would just use it in one of my oil burners -- the smell was so horrid it reminded me of the deodorizer they use in public toilets. Not exactly something I want my home smelling like.
or your hoo-ha!

Back