Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the pure delight of placing an order, I completely forgot to see if the bb would work for me ... I'm a medium-light olive and yellow undertone Asian. Someone help ?
Not sure.. I'm Asian so I'm crossing my fingers that it'll be a great match for me since it's Korean. The western BB creams look funny on me.

AHHHHH I need to pretend I didn't see this thread! 
icon_eek.gif
 My poor wallet!

Part of me wants to order 2,3, AND 4 since they're all available right now but maybe I should just order one to see if I like it first. Even though I'm pretty sure I'm going to LOVE this box. 

Thanks for the info @MissJexie!

AHHHHH I need to pretend I didn't see this thread! :icon_eek:  My poor wallet! Part of me wants to order 2,3, AND 4 since they're all available right now but maybe I should just order one to see if I like it first. Even though I'm pretty sure I'm going to LOVE this box.  Thanks for the info @MissJexie !
I am going to be an enabler and say I ordered all 3 therefore you should order all three before you can't!!! You will REGRET IT!!!!!! ORDER!!!!! ORDER!!!!! ORDER!!!!!! I am bad aren't I?????? Nancy. : )

Quote: Originally Posted by Spiritwind10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am going to be an enabler and say I ordered all 3 therefore you should order all three before you can't!!! You will REGRET IT!!!!!!
ORDER!!!!! ORDER!!!!! ORDER!!!!!!
I am bad aren't I??????
Nancy. : )
Hahaha I should have known that's the sort of response I'd get around here! 
wink.gif

Do these sell out fairly quickly? 

Thinking about grabbing the 2nd edition now & then waiting til pay day on Friday for the other two to help me justify. Buuuuut I don't want to miss out on Korean awesomeness!

ETA: Just bought the 2nd edition! Still deciding on the 3rd & 4th. 

Hahaha I should have known that's the sort of response I'd get around here!  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Do these sell out fairly quickly?  Thinking about grabbing the 2nd edition now & then waiting til pay day on Friday for the other two to help me justify. Buuuuut I don't want to miss out on Korean awesomeness! ETA: Just bought the 2nd edition! Still deciding on the 3rd & 4th. 
I would at least get the 3rd before it sales out. It's good you got the 2nd as they just added a few to the inventory. They had been sold out once before and they got more in.

Ah that email about the 2nd box being back is stock is taunting me. My budget really cannot afford this until mid-February, though!! I hope amazing editions are still available for my next-next paycheck. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'll probably go crazy and buy them all. Someone make me feel better and tell me that BB cream would probably not work for super super pale skin anyway...

My poor wallet! The 2nd box was the one I wanted most. Ahhh! I had to cave in and buy it. The 4th box will have to wait until payday. I did have $10 in credits, so I'm using that to justify my purchase. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Any idea on how long these usually take to arrive/ship?

You are too funny!!! LOL. LOL : ). I'm with you girlfriend!! The 2nd box seems awesome! I just hope the 4th box is great! Couldn't find a review of it yet! Did see one of the '2nd and 3rd box below where you order it on the site. I also hope we get boxes 2 & 3 soon! Wonder how long it will take them it send??? I don't expect the 4th box to go out till the end of the month. But if they have 2 & 3 in they should send them out soon. I hope????? Anyway if anyone know how long it takes let me know. Also, if anyone knows his let me know. . . Do we get $7.00 credit for every box? Cause he said I would get it again after the box shipped??? Just wondered. Have an awesome night ladies!!!!

I'm pretty sure you get the $7 credit for every box, as they're essentially "crediting" back the shipping cost. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by Alicia Loves /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Same here! I had $17 in credits and jumped on the second box then headed over here to see if everyone knew it was back! I really wanted to try that bb cream. The only one I have ever liked was the Asian skin79 brand. American bb creams are just awful!

I regularly use the skin79 absolute diamond BB and I really love the one from the 2nd Edition box! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by kotoko /img/forum/go_quote.gif

In the pure delight of placing an order, I completely forgot to see if the bb would work for me ... I'm a medium-light olive and yellow undertone Asian. Someone help ?

It's a very forgiving BB. I notice with a lot of Korean BB's that they tend to work like this magic tinted moisturizer that not only covers, but fits a large variety of skin tones on the light to medium range. I have pale skin but my mom has light-medium and it blended out beautifully on both of us. Not sure about how it will work on certain undertones, but it IS a Korean brand so I think will work on yellow undertones!

Quote: Originally Posted by allistra44 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Hahaha I should have known that's the sort of response I'd get around here! 
wink.gif

Do these sell out fairly quickly? 

Thinking about grabbing the 2nd edition now & then waiting til pay day on Friday for the other two to help me justify. Buuuuut I don't want to miss out on Korean awesomeness!

ETA: Just bought the 2nd edition! Still deciding on the 3rd & 4th. 

I was told by memebox that they released the 4th so quickly because they knew the 3rd was going to sell out soon. I can't imagine it'll be around much longer. I don't think they've even started shipping the 4th box yet, so if you do want to get the 3rd and 4th, I would get them in that order. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by jocedun /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ah that email about the 2nd box being back is stock is taunting me. My budget really cannot afford this until mid-February, though!! I hope amazing editions are still available for my next-next paycheck. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'll probably go crazy and buy them all.

Someone make me feel better and tell me that BB cream would probably not work for super super pale skin anyway...

For me, the BB works wonderfully. It's a BB cream swirled with skincare ingredients like an Olay product. I find it kind of works on lots of skin tones in the light/medium range. I'm sure it might not work for everyone, but it seems to be really forgiving. I'm pretty sure the card that came with the box said the BB cream retails at $48, too! (sorry I'm enabling, I just think the BB is awesome lol)

Quote: Originally Posted by msambrosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  My poor wallet! The 2nd box was the one I wanted most. Ahhh! I had to cave in and buy it. The 4th box will have to wait until payday. I did have $10 in credits, so I'm using that to justify my purchase. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Any idea on how long these usually take to arrive/ship?

Shipping usually depends on a few things: if they're upgrading to express shipping, which they do if the previous box was later than usual or something like that, and when they release each box etc. I know it took quite a long time to receive the 2nd box when it first came out due to the holidays and all the US winter storms, but they upgraded everyone to express shipping on the 3rd box so that one came within a week. The 4th box hasn't started shipping yet to my knowledge. It's a bit hard to tell how long they're going to take because they come from Korea, but they are pretty speedy considering customs and how long other things from Korea usually take to get to me!

For those of you spreading out your purchases - look at the bright side, now you'll have credits to apply to your order that those of us who sprang on the two boxes at once didn't have to use right away:)

I'm waiting until I get paid on Friday to order the 2nd edition box, if it is still in stock.  If not, it just wasn't meant to be.

Yay! Now I'm excited to try this magical BB! The other stuff in the box more than makes up for it if it doesn't work out. I'm sure I won't have a problem trading it here if it doesn't work for me.

Quote: Originally Posted by jocedun /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ah that email about the 2nd box being back is stock is taunting me. My budget really cannot afford this until mid-February, though!! I hope amazing editions are still available for my next-next paycheck. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'll probably go crazy and buy them all.

Someone make me feel better and tell me that BB cream would probably not work for super super pale skin anyway...

I'm extremely pale, as in no western foundations are light enough for me, but Mizon BB cream (Korean) is the ONLY foundation I've ever found that works for me. So there are Korean BB creams that will likely work for you, but I don't know which specific one was in that box.

Do we know what's in boxes 2 and 3 yet?
On Memebox site under the product there is a review of the two boxes. I came across it, I don't know how, accidentally pressing something! : ) who knows but it is on its site! Check and see if you can find it.

On Memebox site under the product there is a review of the two boxes. I came across it, I don't know how, accidentally pressing something! : ) who knows but it is on its site! Check and see if you can find it.

I read they're no longer going to give the $7 credit in their FAQ because people preferred the express shipping, so now its an auto upgrade to speedier shipping. Still a goosld deal but i would prefer to be able to choose. I didn't get any credits for $7 despite ordering two boxes but they only charged me one charge of $7 so now sure I can complain. This change takes effect on the fourth box.

I'm extremely pale, as in no western foundations are light enough for me, but Mizon BB cream (Korean) is the ONLY foundation I've ever found that works for me. So there are Korean BB creams that will likely work for you, but I don't know which specific one was in that box.
I exclusively use Missha's BB in #13, so I am familiar with Asian BB creams since I am also very pale. Even skin79 is a little too dark/muddy for me, which is why I was asking about this particular brand. Either way, I think I'll skip this box for the sake of my bank account. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by ellesnails /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I read they're no longer going to give the $7 credit in their FAQ because people preferred the express shipping, so now its an auto upgrade to speedier shipping. Still a goosld deal but i would prefer to be able to choose. I didn't get any credits for $7 despite ordering two boxes but they only charged me one charge of $7 so now sure I can complain. This change takes effect on the fourth box.
Ooh that's good to know. Wish they would have told me so I wasn't telling everyone that they reimburse shipping. I actually think it's better this way because express shipping is much better than the one they had before. I'm waiting about half the time to get my box now than I was.

Back