Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ooh that's good to know. Wish they would have told me so I wasn't telling everyone that they reimburse shipping. I actually think it's better this way because express shipping is much better than the one they had before. I'm waiting about half the time to get my box now than I was.
It OK. With me too, I didn't order this box to get $7.00 back each time though it was a nice gesture. I was wondering how they were going to make any $$$$ if they did that for every box and as I said before, I would love them to stay around for awhile and if they start having to reimburse for postage every time someone orders a box from the US it can be expensive and they would start cutting back somewhere else such as the products. I am glad for this new sub. Thanks Missjexie! Appreciate your help. Nancy

I wanted to purchase the 2nd edition, but now it won't let me add it to my cart.  It must have sold out and now I'm sad. 
icon_cry.gif

I wanted to purchase the 2nd edition, but now it won't let me add it to my cart.  It must have sold out and now I'm sad. :icon_cry:
I'm so sorry! That's what happens when a company has something great to offer!!! Did you try for the 3rd or 4th?

Quote: Originally Posted by Spiritwind10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm so sorry! That's what happens when a company has something great to offer!!! Did you try for the 3rd or 4th?
I already ordered the 4th and I'm not interested in the 3rd.

They must have only had a few of the 2nd editions left. I considered getting a second one so I could have a backup of the BB cream, but I guess I missed it!

They must have only had a few of the 2nd editions left. I considered getting a second one so I could have a backup of the BB cream, but I guess I missed it!
I'm sorry girlfriend!!! : (. So sorry. : (. So very sorry : (. Boohoo. . . No more BB cream for MissJexie! ,so sorry

I really wanted to try that BB cream, but oh well. At least I have the 4th edition to look forward too! I was told those would be shipping at the end of this month/beginning of February.

I really wanted to try that BB cream, but oh well. At least I have the 4th edition to look forward too! I was told those would be shipping at the end of this month/beginning of February.
annifer, I'm glad you at least got the 4th! I am really curious as to what's in it! Knowing what's in 2 and 3 I'm sure it will be great! I have tried a few Korean products in the past. My SIL And BIL were missionaries to South Korea and we got lots of stuff when ever we visited! I think their products are usually pretty good and I just love their packaging! It's cute. Though if the product inside is not great, it's not worth it! Memebox seems to have good quality products so I am really looking forward to them. Hopefully time will pass quickly and we will get our boxes before you know it!!!

Grumble grumble... USPS left me a "couldn't deliver" notice for my MeMe boxes. Hope they actually pay attention to the redeliver request I put in for tomorrow. 

Quote: Originally Posted by goldendarter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Grumble grumble... USPS left me a "couldn't deliver" notice for my MeMe boxes. Hope they actually pay attention to the redeliver request I put in for tomorrow. 

They do that to me too!! I have no idea why. 2 of my boxes have been delivered with no problem, the other 2 they left "could not deliver" notices. It drives me crazy considering I share a car with my fiance and I don't have a way of getting there when they're open!

Quote: Originally Posted by MissJexie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They do that to me too!! I have no idea why. 2 of my boxes have been delivered with no problem, the other 2 they left "could not deliver" notices. It drives me crazy considering I share a car with my fiance and I don't have a way of getting there when they're open!
They had no problem delivering my Lip Factory box today, but I guess poor MeMe was just pushing it too far, ha. I can't get to this branch before they close due to work, so I am hoping they actually pay attention to the redelivery request. I have had a few issues where they actually send items back instead of redelivering.

I wanted to purchase the 2nd edition, but now it won't let me add it to my cart.  It must have sold out and now I'm sad. :icon_cry:
Oh no! I just bought 2nd 3rd, and 4th edition earlier this afternoon. Totally playing catch-up here.

Oh no! I just bought 2nd 3rd, and 4th edition earlier this afternoon. Totally playing catch-up here.
Join the crowd!!! We are going to receive these boxes soon with new different products for us to try! Such excitement in the air! Giggles : ) : ) : ) : ) Like a little girl!!!

@MissJexie ...It's so strange that they won't deliver my memebox but they'll deliver two other packages and make me go to the post office for this one. I have a question though. I just got the third edition in the mail and I love it! It was the one I was least looking forward too but it's so much better in person. The sparkly black gel eyeliner pencil is so pretty but how do you sharpen it? The plastic doesn't seem like it will do well with a sharpener and from what I can tell mine isn't automatic. Any idea? If anyone knows I'd love to figure this out.

Quote: Originally Posted by Alicia Loves /img/forum/go_quote.gif

@MissJexie ...It's so strange that they won't deliver my memebox but they'll deliver two other packages and make me go to the post office for this one. I have a question though. I just got the third edition in the mail and I love it! It was the one I was least looking forward too but it's so much better in person. The sparkly black gel eyeliner pencil is so pretty but how do you sharpen it? The plastic doesn't seem like it will do well with a sharpener and from what I can tell mine isn't automatic. Any idea? If anyone knows I'd love to figure this out.

It's possible that since the memebox is express shipping from another country that they can't deliver it/leave it unattended at a mailbox? Honestly I don't have a clue consider they've left 2 of them on my door step and then have left a note for the other 1. So who knows what the method to their madness is! haha :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I agree that the 3rd Edition is awesome! It seems a bit lighter overall in product but it's all really great! I have a few plastic pencils that need to be sharpened so I just assumed this one was the same way. I just tried sharpening it now and didn't have an issue. Just make sure you've got a new-ish sharpener and it should do fine! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

How does the points/mileage system work? I thought I read that we got 5 for signing up, 5 for blogger referrals, and 7 for each box. Just curious how long it takes for those to post to your account. 

I see that I have 5 right now but it doesn't really say what it was for. Just 'Paid by Administrator.' 

I was going to order another box tonight, but I'll wait if I should have more points headed my way soon!

I want one of these so bad, but I have to wait til I get paid on Friday.  I think I'm going to be breaking up with Glossybox and possibly Ipsy soon, and this should fill that void nicely! I've been craving something "different", and I think that's why I've been feeling so blah with Ipsy!

It's possible that since the memebox is express shipping from another country that they can't deliver it/leave it unattended at a mailbox? Honestly I don't have a clue consider they've left 2 of them on my door step and then have left a note for the other 1. So who knows what the method to their madness is! haha :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I agree that the 3rd Edition is awesome! It seems a bit lighter overall in product but it's all really great! I have a few plastic pencils that need to be sharpened so I just assumed this one was the same way. I just tried sharpening it now and didn't have an issue. Just make sure you've got a new-ish sharpener and it should do fine! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Oh okay! I've never had a hard plastic pencil before and I didn't want to break it! Thanks so much and I really enjoyed reading your reviews!
How does the points/mileage system work? I thought I read that we got 5 for signing up, 5 for blogger referrals, and 7 for each box. Just curious how long it takes for those to post to your account.  I see that I have 5 right now but it doesn't really say what it was for. Just '
Paid by Administrator.' 

I was going to order another box tonight, but I'll wait if I should have more points headed my way soon!

The 5 you have is for signing up. You have to email them for the blogger referral and they 'll respond back. I think the 7 points for each box credits after they ship but apparently they aren't doing that anymore for the 4th box so I'm not sure if they're still honoring that for the 2nd and 3rd editions.

Quote: Originally Posted by allistra44 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  How does the points/mileage system work? I thought I read that we got 5 for signing up, 5 for blogger referrals, and 7 for each box. Just curious how long it takes for those to post to your account. 

I see that I have 5 right now but it doesn't really say what it was for. Just 'Paid by Administrator.' 

I know that from the 4th box and on, they're apparently not giving the $7 in shipping credit, but instead upgrading the boxes to express shipping so we get them at a reasonable time. I think any boxes prior to the 4th will still get the $7 credit though.

You do have to e-mail them and let them know who referred you (if it was me, tell them HarlotBeauty referred you, if not, just let them know who!) and they will credit your account with an extra $5 in credits. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I messaged them yesterday about a question I had about a giveaway and they got back to me today and told me they've been incredibly busy since they released the 4th box, and they have to manually enter everyone's $5 referral credits, so they're really backed up. They should get back to you asap though! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I want one of these so bad, but I have to wait til I get paid on Friday.  I think I'm going to be breaking up with Glossybox and possibly Ipsy soon, and this should fill that void nicely! I've been craving something "different", and I think that's why I've been feeling so blah with Ipsy!

I totally agree with the Ipsy thing. I'm holding on to it because I'm really close to have 1000 points. I want that Beauty Blender and then I'm out. I've been with them since day 1 but I'm just kind of tired of the same old stuff from them. I don't need anymore crappy dollar store makeup bags, that's for sure lol :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back