Quantcast

Mystery Shoppers

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience as a "mystery shopper"? Scams? Legitimate organizations?

Reaction score
What is a Mystery shopper?

Originally Posted by Joyeuux

Does anyone have experience as a "mystery shopper"? Scams? Legitimate organizations?

Reaction score
I believe that they are legit. When I used to work retail, they would come in and evaluate how we served them. In my experience, they were legit and honest. I also know of other companies that would have "mystery callers," who would call and evaluate their over the phone customer service.

Sounds like a fun thing to do if you have that kind of job prospect.

Originally Posted by Joyeuux Does anyone have experience as a "mystery shopper"? Scams? Legitimate organizations?

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Joyeuux Does anyone have experience as a "mystery shopper"? Scams? Legitimate organizations? I have had experience not being a mystery shopper but being on hand of them....that time i was working in a Winn-Dixie mine 2nd job....I have recieved 3 certificate for managing customer service perfect. I remember it was 3 in the afternoon, on saturday 2000.....it was extreamly bz....one of mystery shoppers was on mine lane...and i had to take care of him....he was asking so many questions i answered correctly and nicely...as you all know am nice...
..so then on purposely left his some stuff on the table and left.....as I was giving him change....then i had to closed my till and ran after him to parking lot....when i found him i scream loudly as i could so he was in the car...As I was breathing hard and giving him the stuff he told me iam a mystery shopper, I was like what???
....then I told him nice meet w/ bla bla....then i had to run over to my counter.....then the next called a meeting saying Tahmin won certificate....
....Isn't nice....yea...

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tony(admin) What is a Mystery shopper?
So Mystery shopper is like come over to see how the clerk, employee, cashier are doing to keep up the customer attention and motivation....
does this answer you questions Tony??

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Trisha My fiance's brother does it for pubs and restaurants, if you go thru a legit Mystery Shopper/Client company then its cool, they pay the expenses etc! Thanks for the input ladies.
OT: Miss Trisha, I didn't know you are engaged! When is the wedding?

Reaction score
OoOOOoOOO me either!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Joyeuux

Thanks for the input ladies.
OT: Miss Trisha, I didn't know you are engaged! When is the wedding?

Reaction score
Yeah!!!! I missed that one too!!! Wasn't he just a boyfriend not too long ago!?!??! Trisha !!!! SPILL IT!!!! lol

Reaction score
I think if you google mystery shopper, there's a list of legit websites available. I saw something in a magazine recently & when I find it, I'll PM you w/the info.

Reaction score
I'm a Mystery Shopper for the Arcadia group in the UK & Ireland.. I only signed up because i shop in the shops that the Arcadia group own anyway so i might aswelll assess the staff & get paid €15 to do it!

Basically, i have a questionnaire & a list of things to do. I've to ask for an item in a different size & see how helpful the assistants are, comment on the dressing rooms (clean, tidy, enough space etc..), was the cashier friendly, answer any questions etc.. I do it all online, its great!!

I'd love it i was asked to be a mystery shopper for MAC or something so then i could tell them all in HQ that they're staff in Cork are nasty witches!

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Yeah!!!! I missed that one too!!! Wasn't he just a boyfriend not too long ago!?!??! Trisha !!!! SPILL IT!!!! lol
LOL! I think Trish just calls him her boyfriend by mistake.. They've been engaged since last May. I'll let Trish explain the rest

Reaction score
congratulations, trisha!

my friends husband is a secret shopper for walmart. hes a full time wal mart employee, and he shops at the stores here in town on a rotating basis. he pretty much looks like jim morrison meets a tragic urban hipster, so shoppers never notice him. he has the authority to act as a security guard also. hes got some amusing stories.

Reaction score
does any know anything about mystery shoppers?

qhere they pay you to shop?

is it a scam ?

does it pay well?

please let me know thank you

Reaction score
Hi,

I looked into this and found that there are several sites that list good/bad mystery shopping companies. Many of them are scams
. Just google and research. Good luck!!

Reaction score
as far as i know mystery shoppers are well paid, though it isnt really a career if you know what i mean, more of a spare time thing. you usually need a car to get around too as they can send you all over the place.

you usually would get a checklist of things to ask, things to do and score the shop on the criteria, hth. xx

Reaction score
I knew we had the when I worked at Starbucks - but I don't know about the pay or anything - some can be scam, some are not.

But I know some of the real ones give you a certain amount of money (not away from your regular pay!) to buy whatever product and you get to keep it!

Good luck in your research!

Reaction score
i get stuff like that in my email. it seems to me that there would be a catch

Reaction score
that was one of my dream jobs! a personal shopper though not as a mystery shopper!

Reaction score
i get a ton of ads for it through my school email but it doesn't seem legit 95% of the time