Nail Polish and Men

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by SarahNerd /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I like painted nails on men, especially if it's part of a punky or gothy look.  My husband won't have anything to do with it, although with our three daughters he's waken up to find painted toenails several times.

I didn't know you had kiddos Sarah! This cracked me up bc my DD Piper loves to paint my DH's toes too bahahaha

I am Male and wear a color called Naked Ivory on my fingernails all the time, No one has ever said anything. The brand is Orly

Originally Posted by Ray Louis /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am Male and wear a color called Naked Ivory on my fingernails all the time, No one has ever said anything. The brand is Orly

I own this color and it's really nice for doing an "american tip" on your nails too. It looks very natural whether you use it on the tip or on the whole nail. I found a pic so that any guys who are thinking of starting slowly can check it out!

I think nail polish on mens toes is alright but not gonna lie think it's a bit wierd on their finger nails...

Hi

I am a Male and I too love to wear polish. I started to wear fingernail polish full time and no one has said anything about it. I wear a color called Naked Ivory (Orly Brand) It is the next thing to natural color.

Silver is one of my favorite colors too.  I wear it on my toes regularly.  It just looks great - a lot better than my natural nails which are not that even-colored.

Glad there are many of you open-minded gals out there who think this is cool on a guy!

Hey Katana, I'm one of the models on the BB Couture website and I can assure you that they get a lot of business from both men and women from their men's nail polish line.  They offer some pretty cool colors that you just can't find anywhere else, colors that look masculine but work equally well for women who just want to bit of edge to their look.

Thanks for the endorsement!

- Jake K.

Originally Posted by JakeK01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey Katana, I'm one of the models on the BB Couture website and I can assure you that they get a lot of business from both men and women from their men's nail polish line.  They offer some pretty cool colors that you just can't find anywhere else, colors that look masculine but work equally well for women who just want to bit of edge to their look.

Thanks for the endorsement!

- Jake K.

Hello Jake,

The colours are definitely geared towards a more masculine crowd, being darker shaded and with equally cool sounding names. I can see why women too would want to wear or collect some of the line. The colours are great and there are so many to choose from.

Nail polish is very unisex in my opinion, but I am glad to see that companies are taking the time to market polishes toward men, making them feel more comfortable in making their purchases.

I love a man with well manicured nails and polish on his toes!

Yeah! Same here. I love nail polish!! Usually I wear Orly Nails for males clear matte... At work... Not a very accepting place for male nail polish.... Otherwise I wear mainly reds... Matches my lipsticks! Lol.

@DivaDoll - I wear polish BECAUSE I work in construction! I'm required to wear steel-toe boots all day, they're poorly ventilated, they trap moisture and breed nastiness. Polish hides the nastiness, allowing me to wear sandals, which increases exposure to light and air, making my feet healthier. AND, the polish protects my toenails from moisture and prevents reinfection. AND the polish looks good!

I can't find one good reason not to wear polish!

Thank you, BreAnn! That's the first color I ever wore, on the first day I wore it... it's Sally Hansen's "Party Girl Creme". (I lost a bet in July, I HAD to wear pink nail polish on my toes for a week... and show them in public... and take photos in public... and post the photos on my FB and dating site profiles - my friends are evil! But... imagine my surprise when I DIDN'T develop a sudden urge to date guys! It was almost like the nail color had nothing at all to do with who I am... it's just awesome color, on my toes!)

Anyway, thanks again! I've read that you've tried to get your BF to let you paint his... I wish you luck! If you want.. tell him that I said that the bold, confident, independent defiance of meaningless cultural prejudice.... is actually more "manly" than doing exactly what everyone else does, cowering in the center of the "herd" out of FEAR that some stranger might disapprove.

I can't beleve this, but alot of the women I talk to love my nail polish. Now Women talk to me all the time and suggest different colors. I met my current girl friend wearing this color. Burnt Orange. The bottom picture is Copper color Magnetic polish.

I don't think I would like my husband to wear nail polish and I know for a fact that he wouldn't. But toe nail polish, in like black or dark blue, wouldn't be so bad. But hey, for those guys that want to wear it, more power to ya :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

@toepolishsteve- love the pic on the beach!

Back