One more week...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by lilla I am going to sleep early tonight so I don't have to wait too long
icon_cheesygrin.gif
me too lol i am setting my alarm for 8:30 so i can shower and get out the house and then be home b4 noon so i can nap b4 work

Originally Posted by lilla That's a great idea
icon_idea.gif
I have my eyes on Oceanique and Prose and Fancy. I don't do pigments but I wouldn't mind having samples of Deckchair and Coco
wink.gif
They sure look purdy
icon_cheesygrin.gif

i think maybe next week if i am not broke i will get those two e/s too i really like those too, HOPEFULLY i will get some cash for my birthday

Originally Posted by Trisha I can totally relate Joy!! So Marisol, it sounds like you are the perfect customer! x Thanks!
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by Joyeuux That was really nice of you to tip her! You technically don't have to buy anything if an artist does an eye demo. But oftentimes people will take advantage of SAs at the counter, asking to get their eyes done up all dramatic and then they run out without buying anything. *argh*! On a slower day, I don't mind but most SAs work on commission, so it's frustrating to deal with customers who try to trick you into doing a full application for free.
frown.gif
man i've spent hundreds of dollars at a time and i've never had anyone offer to do my make up.
frown.gif

Do you think Deckchair and D'bohemia would make some look puffy-eyed, tired, etc? Peaches and pinks have a tendency to do that to me.

Originally Posted by Joyeuux I've gotten to play with the new pigments, and Deckchair is my favorite of the three. It goes great with D'Bohemia, cuz they both are golden/pinky/coral colors. I'm gonna mix up my Deckchair with some clear nail polish once I get it!

Originally Posted by wongy74 Do you think Deckchair and D'bohemia would make some look puffy-eyed, tired, etc? Peaches and pinks have a tendency to do that to me. if they do that to ya you might want to try it first.

Originally Posted by Anya1976 man i've spent hundreds of dollars at a time and i've never had anyone offer to do my make up.
frown.gif
i do that too, but mostly because they/I don't have time to do it. sometimes i don't like the way they do makeup too. lol
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by Liz i do that too, but mostly because they/I don't have time to do it. sometimes i don't like the way they do makeup too. lol
icon_redface.gif
Really? I love how they do my make-up and what sucks is that I can't re-create it. How I wish I could put one of the MA's in my pocket and have them do my make-up every day.

Originally Posted by Liz i do that too, but mostly because they/I don't have time to do it. sometimes i don't like the way they do makeup too. lol
icon_redface.gif
i did get a card from the manager for the 12th for their d'bohemia thing they are doing at night but with my spending my money tomorrow i don't think i will be going the 12th unless i get money for my birthday

I would ask cash only for birthday presents!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Anya1976 i did get a card from the manager for the 12th for their d'bohemia thing they are doing at night but with my spending my money tomorrow i don't think i will be going the 12th unless i get money for my birthday

Originally Posted by Anya1976 i did get a card from the manager for the 12th for their d'bohemia thing they are doing at night but with my spending my money tomorrow i don't think i will be going the 12th unless i get money for my birthday lol, you're gonna get the stuff as soon as you can!

Originally Posted by Liz lol, you're gonna get the stuff as soon as you can! damn skippy girly lol i cant wait til the 12th lol i have no self control

Originally Posted by lilla I would ask cash only for birthday presents!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
i generally don't get much for my birthday, except a few cards but generally no presents or money (what kind of cheapo family do i have lol)

I'll be praying for it anyway. You can also sell some samples and that might add up for next trip
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Anya1976 i generally don't get much for my birthday, except a few cards but generally no presents or money (what kind of cheapo family do i have lol)

Originally Posted by wongy74 Do you think Deckchair and D'bohemia would make some look puffy-eyed, tired, etc? Peaches and pinks have a tendency to do that to me. Yea, I know what you're talking about Jess! I generally don't wear pink shadows, but I have found that I like orange/coral shades if I pair them with a strong liner and another deeper shadow for the crease. IMHO, it's all about where you put the color and how much you apply. Maybe try doing an eye look that is mostly with browns (like Rummy) and add D'Bohemia just to the inner corners of your lids to give a *pop*.
Are there any artists that you like at your counter? (Besides the one that gave you crazy blush? lol
wink.gif
) Get someone to help you out before you buy, to suggest color placement for your particular eyes.

Oh and just FYI: D'Bohemia is a lot like Paradisco, just more pigmented.

I like one artist at the Macy's counter--- she's so nice, but I really don't know how good she is at doing my whole face... I've just had her do my eyes once. But she gets and cares that I like a lighter look- to use things sheerly rather than boldly. I bought a pink e/s from her once- she told me to use it in the crease so it doesn't look bad on me. That works for me!
smile.gif
But if I'm going to have the Deckchair pigment, it's not as easy for me to control the application. I'll probably end up buying Deckchair anyway cause I'm a MAC ho but will probably pass on D'Bohemia-- need to save some moolah anyway.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Joyeuux Yea, I know what you're talking about Jess! I generally don't wear pink shadows, but I have found that I like orange/coral shades if I pair them with a strong liner and another deeper shadow for the crease. IMHO, it's all about where you put the color and how much you apply. Maybe try doing an eye look that is mostly with browns (like Rummy) and add D'Bohemia just to the inner corners of your lids to give a *pop*.
Are there any artists that you like at your counter? (Besides the one that gave you crazy blush? lol
wink.gif
) Get someone to help you out before you buy, to suggest color placement for your particular eyes.

Oh and just FYI: D'Bohemia is a lot like Paradisco, just more pigmented.

Back