Permanent makeup

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had eyeliner done by my uncle (a plastic surgeon) about 20 years ago. It's not faded into my skin. I'd do it again but only by a surgeon.

I've never good a good perm. lip job.

Sometimes when the tattoo artist colors on the "makeup", it can oxidize and shift colors. Red lip liner can look black, and black eyeliner might pull blue or green tones.

I am not really a fan of tattoos in general, but if I had to get one, that needle is not going anywhere near my face. I don't want a potential mistake visible for all the world to see.

dont do it my grandma did it when she was younger and now her eyeliner has faded to a turquoise/teal color. It looks ok on her since shes tan (cuban) still though she has to line it over with black so its not crazy. She also has her brows and lips done

I definately would not get this done. They are stuck with the same color for the rest of their lives. However there are some women out there that find putting on make-up is a hassel so I guess for those women this is an easy way out. Not for me.

Originally Posted by speerrituall1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Generally, as you age, things tend to shift a bit. I'd be afraid that my brow or lip line would not be located in the same place in the future. This is the main reason I wouldn't do it. I'm pretty funny about changing the way I am, though I'd love a smaller butt and bigger tatas! I'm not one for pain and the one tattoo I do have hurt like heck, so I'm cured of that!
Also, I looked at some of these prices:

Eyebrow (Blend in) $600.00

Eyebrow (Hair Stroke) $800.00

Men's Eyebrow Feather Touch treatment $500.00

Top & Lower Eye Liner $800.00

Top Eye Liner $500.00

Lower Eye Liner $400.00

Eyelash Enhancement for Men $500.00

Lip Liner$600.00Half Lip $800.00

Full Lips $1060.00

Men's Lip Shading $800.00

Blush $800.00

For that amount, I could buy tons of eyeliner/lipliner!
wink.gif

Sooo many reasons not to do this, the biggest beingthat makeup trends at todays pace change soooo rapidly...whatever you do to yourself permanently now will look great for a limited time and horrid forever on. I've seen permanenty eyeliner done really well- I certainly couldn't tell. But I'd rather just reapply two seconds every day. I suppose it depends on the tattoo artist.

I am soo temted to have a permanent eyeliner(I always wear black) and lip liner/whole lip. I prefer gloss so then it would look natural. My lips are quite pale and not filling out the lip line...if you know what I mean...

Will check with a lot salons first anyway. A lot of salons are doing this now and many are satisfyed with the resoult.

It`s the $$$$$ that are holding me back!!

Because I am maybe a bit older then some of you I offer this suggestion.

Back in the 1960's and 1970's some of us had gotten tattoos [not me thankfully] and well now 40 odd years later they do not look so good anymore having not just shifted but also they have faded and changed colour as well.

Phylis Diller got permanent make up done many many years ago on her eyes and so if you look at a recent picture of her now then you get an idea of how well it ages with you I would think.

I hope this helps someone
smile.gif

Stephenie
smile.gif

Ouch! I've seen asian ladies with the dark tatooed eyebrows. almost looks like its a navy colour if you ask me. it looks very drag queen-ish. if i were to get mine done, i'd rather get them to look natural... feather like. but because i always like to change my make up style/look, i just leave my eyebrows as they are.

My mum and 2 of my sisters did the eyebrow tatoo and also the eyeliner tatoo except for 1 sister back in the 80s. Eyebrow tatoo was what we called back then, now the salon calls it eyebrow embroidery which is supposed to be more natural than tatoo, I don't really know the difference though. Anyway, they are meant as permanent makeup. None of them has regretted so far, my mum has very little hair and she was always very bothered to draw her eyebrow every morning hence this kind of permanent makeup actually helps her alot. My 2 other sisters have opted for a lighter tatoo and hence they'll have to touch up once every few years because they fade. Maybe I'm already too used to how my mum and sisters look with the tatoo so I don't actually feel weird. It is very important to find someone who could do a fantastic job since this is permanent. I did see some bad jobs around, who very thick eyebrows that are probably in trend back then and it is another painful ordeal to remove these tatoos. Don't even think of doing this if your pain threshold is not high.

I didn't know of anyone doing permanent lip liner or lip color but I heard that you may need to rest for few days because your lips will swell like double. I guess it is pretty distressing not to see immediate beauty when your intention is to become more beautiful.

I would never do it. I don't think it looks good at all, IMO. Plus I wouldn't want to have it on my face for my whole life. I would never want to get something tattooed on my face. Plus it could come out horrible, you might not like it, etc.

I'm fine with applying makeup everyday myself. Plus it's fun to do anyways, lol and looks much better.
biggrin.gif

Yeah I couldn't do it either!! I like to use different color eyeliners depending on the eyeshadows I am wearing so this wouldn't work for me.

Don't be , it can be ( if done by a reputable artist ) awesome. Any permanent makeup can vary from subtle to sublime. My personal schtick  is no one will know you are tattooed unless you tell them. When you go for a consultation make sure you see a lot of pictures and preferably live"'victims " as well. Good permanent makeup can make life much easier.

Sounds to me like they used tattoo ink on her liner, which is total contraindication. Black tattoo ink is blue based and therefore will fade into that odd blue-black hue. Definitely a no. Proper permanent makeup should be performed with a pigment specifically designed for faces.  Pigment that is formulated specifically to not fade black, but maintain it's original color, but becomes lighter throughout the years. In fact a dermatologist formulated the pigment I use. Permanent eyeliner when applied properly can be a Godsend !

LOVE this idea. MY mom is of Asian decent and, it looks good on her although, hers have faded she never has to apply anything. I dislike having to reapply my eyeliner every morning! I would definetly get my top line done and fairly thin . You can always cover it with foundation if you want to change it up a little. The eye brows scare me you never know if it will be too dark but, if you dont have any why not do them. Saves time and money not only that but, one tattoo vs applying harmful ingredients everyday tugging at your skin to get  your eyeliner on cant be too good for your skin which may cause more wrinkles. 

Any one who gets permanent makeup has to make sure the artist is using pigment and not ink. A pigment will soften and fade, so if you choose a dark liner when say 40 , you will not be an old lady with dark liner many years later. In fact a dermatologist makes the pigment I use , thus it softens and fades perfectly and does not fade into a weird color. It will continually lighten throughout the years while maintaining it's original hue. Hope that helps.

Cheers

It does not need to look unnatural, but can enhance what God gave you. In fact my shtick is no one will know you are tattooed unless you tell them . Depends on the tattoo artist, as stated I prefer the subtle to the sublime.

Back