Quarterly Co Nina Garcia *SPOILERS*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wanted the necklace.... and ended up w/ Silver (the one color I don't wear).  anyone get one of the other colors?  BTW, the headband is gorgeous in person. 
what color/type of fabric headband did you get? i actually like headbands so will see if i can pull this kind off- but the fact there are two different quality variations sent out really rubs me the wrong way

I got my box yesterday-in my hands I am not as "angry" about it as the spoilers made me feel but I still think it's a lame "fashion" box from a guru like Nina. I did get the rose gold choker which is what I wanted and it looks amazing on- so for that I guess the box was worth it. My headband was printed in a cheetah pattern but seems to be silk- so yay I guess? But I am not sure how to pull off its look. The pamphlet stated that miu miu used dark lip colors on the runway but I am still side eyeing this. It seems more like Nyx was like "hey we will give u a bunch of our winter leftovers for free" and they tried to spin this. I got a deep purple color and looked like a Halloween costume vampire with it on. The bauble bar earrings are prettier in person but once again seem more holiday styled than spring/summer (I bought a bunch of similar statement earrings from bauble bar around the holidays). I'm just glad I like the choker I guess. Since this box is not that popular anymore/ if there is another one after I will just wait until it eventually winds up on the best of quarterly sale if I like it.

I'm dying to swap my silver for a gold or silver. So bummed that out of the 3 options with me liking 2 that I ended up with the 1 option I won't wear :/

HMMMMMMMMMMM says there is one shipping in August 2016.  What is WRONG with me, I am so tempted to re-subscribe, as if I haven't been burned 1000 times by this one.

https://quarterly.co/products/nina-Garcia

Update: Oh, I lied.  Apparently I never unsubscribed, I just thought I did.  I went to Best of Quarterly and the last box isn't on there, so it must have sold out.  That makes me kind of want to just stay the course and see what is coming, like the giant sucker I am. 

Last edited by a moderator:
HMMMMMMMMMMM says there is one shipping in August 2016. What is WRONG with me, I am so tempted to re-subscribe, as if I haven't been burned 1000 times by this one.

Update: Oh, I lied. Apparently I never unsubscribed, I just thought I did. I went to Best of Quarterly and the last box isn't on there, so it must have sold out. That makes me kind of want to just stay the course and see what is coming, like the giant sucker I am.
I'm a giant sucker too, lol. But I did unsubscribe after the horrid travel box. I don't know if I'd sub again but it's tempting since I love fall boxes, but I'm afraid I'll just get punked again! (My phone changed that to plunked and punted, lol, all are as fitting as punked!)

I'm a giant sucker too, lol. But I did unsubscribe after the horrid travel box. I don't know if I'd sub again but it's tempting since I love fall boxes, but I'm afraid I'll just get punked again! (My phone changed that to plunked and punted, lol, all are as fitting as punked!)
This box is the sh!tty boyfriend of the sub box world.  I keep giving it another chance, and it keeps letting me down.

HMMMMMMMMMMM says there is one shipping in August 2016.  What is WRONG with me, I am so tempted to re-subscribe, as if I haven't been burned 1000 times by this one.

Update: Oh, I lied.  Apparently I never unsubscribed, I just thought I did.  I went to Best of Quarterly and the last box isn't on there, so it must have sold out.  That makes me kind of want to just stay the course and see what is coming, like the giant sucker I am. 
Do it!  Take one for the team!

Just got an email with the same spoiler as MSA has.

quaterly nina garcia fall 2016 spoiler.jpg

Okay, so I was trying to decide what to do about this box.  Thought it would be helpful to look at the value TO ME over time (as in, what stuff from each box do I ACTUALLY use).

I didn't get box 1 or 2, but I would have used (and did actually trade for some of) the following:

NG01 - $250

Cuff ($32), lip cream ($21), Essie ($8), stole ($40), ear cuff ($50), vbeaute ($99)

NG02 - $258

shirt ($55), bangle ($34), revive ($47), philosophy ($74), laura mercier ($48)

I started officially getting the box at NG03.

NG03 - $237

Joico ($16), shave gel ($20), oribe ($22), frends ($99), palm tree pouch ($30), otterbox ($50)

NG04 - $111

Ballin ($40), mug ($16), ear jackets ($55)

NG05 - $115, but I'm sure I'll use more up at some point

Serge normant ($15), pillow proof ($22), brush ($50), elasticizer ($28)

NG06 - $45

Baggu ($26), hair ties ($11), weleda ($8)

NG07 - $157

Choker ($98), baublebar earrings ($34), eyeko ($25)

So.  I am completely shocked to see that this hasn't been the huge waste of money that I was thinking.  Sure, the first three boxes were super high value, and it has never been anywhere near as great since.  But I have gotten my money's worth for every single box except the travel one.  I thought I would look back at all of the boxes and get a clear message that I should cancel immediately, but the math still seems to be in my favor.  MIND BLOWN. 

(I realize that doesn't necessarily mean there aren't BETTER, MORE EXCITING things I could be spending my money on...need to think about that a little more.)

(The other thing that struck me is that there were some seriously questionable choices even in NG02...that charming Charlie wallet comes to mind.  not to knock it if someone else here loves it, but not what I would expect in a Nina Garcia box AT ALL.)

Back