Rainbow Honey Mystery Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My package was accepted on the 9th so it still has a few more days. They're getting later and later each month.

I don't normally wear shades in this color family, but I'm wearing The Master. *Big* hit with my boss because it's pretty danged happy and festive!

not impressed - maybe it will look better once I have it.

there are other colors besides red and purple (which we got recently) and blue.  I wish they would do some nice deep colors instead of these bright colors for a change..

a deep plum or a hunter green....

Last edited by a moderator:
What appears to be blue is not actually blue. That's just how it photographs, kind of like the ocean. In other news, the scent of the month reminds me a bit of grape Pixi Stix.

that is what I am hoping.  Usually pics of rh nailpolish do not display properly the range of colors.

Awkward swatches:

34d2f398-81b4-488e-9693-98c790d20e56_zps6dfeb21e.jpg

The top on the white background (a Priority mail bubbleope, for the very few who may have remotely cared) is Woland.  I put it on a white background to show the density.  It's a glitter topper, so it's basically just sparkle with a dash of black glitter thrown in for good measure.  The bottom is The Master.  What you can't really see very well (since it does *not* play well with an iPhone camera) is that it's pinkish-red with gold flakes.  It actually reminds me of Iron Man.  And when you dig into the inspiration for the collection, it's pretty fitting:  It's based on a book about life in the Soviet Union, and the colors in the polish reflect the colors of that flag.  Now I'm interested in seeing the third color in the collection (the info sheet indicated that's A Thing) so I can have the whole set!

I finally got my package today!

The colors are awesome in person. I especially like the reddish one. I was a bit unsure of the scent when I read descriptions of it, but I like it quite a lot. It's like sweet and also like laundry at the same time. LoL

I am not a fan of

the master....but I love woland.  The scent is too fruity grapey for me.   

not loving this month at all...

I want to be wow'd by their colors.   I like (not love) some of them lately.   I am also on nailpolish overload. 

I need to decide if I want to keep this sub.  I have cancelled 2 subs already because of boredom, and this one is getting close to that for me...

I have so many nailpolishes already and the colors I would like them to do - darker shades - like plum and forest green, deep navy - they don't do.  They seem to like these bright colors in the winter, and I am looking for these darker ones in the winter time...

decisions, decisions....

December was the first month I was truly disappointed. I didn't care for the muscovite scent..which is a real bummer when 4 of 6 items have that scent! I actually haven't loved any of the fall scents. Summer scents were totally my thing...summer juice, midori, royal fruits....gimme gimme!

I just recently placed an order for a few items with those aforementioned scents, and was really pleasantly surprised to find a couple bonus items in my order!! Definitely put a smile on my face and helped put the bad December reaction away.

Can't wait to see what's in store for January, hope it's a LOVE month. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Has everyone jumped shop? Y'all are so quiet in here! I never actually subscribed to the bag, just added a couple on to orders, but I count on you guys to keep me up on the new bags! ;-) Saw a couple of spoilers on Instagram, and I'm dying to know how this month's scent is! It's my favorite, and I really like the looks of one of the polishes, so it might be worth an order for me... after all, can always use more cuticle oil!

I saw a photo of the January bag on Instagram. I think I may order this month's. I'm not sure if I'll do that or take advantage of the Zoya promo...

hmm, just saw the spoilers on IG

again, a disappointing month.    

the colors are for spring time.  It is the dead of winter here - I want some darker colors for winter 

I will stay until feb - if they continue this path of seasonal inappropriate colors, I will cancel them.  I can always pick up a mystery bag separately if I like the look of it...

MEH.  That wasn't supposed to be all-caps, but I'm leaving it.  I'm probably canceling in a couple of months.  I should at least drop down to the minis.  I will give them this:  It's a very nicely cohesive collection even if it is totally "Why is are these colors a January collection?"  And the non-polish items are good things to have in the winter.  And it doesn't look like the scent is yet another fruity floral, so that is awesome if it turns out to be correct.

hmm, just saw the spoilers on IG

again, a disappointing month.    

the colors are for spring time.  It is the dead of winter here - I want some darker colors for winter 

I will stay until feb - if they continue this path of seasonal inappropriate colors, I will cancel them.  I can always pick up a mystery bag separately if I like the look of it...
Can you post the instagram? I have been dying to see since this is my first month.

Back