(Spoilers) Julep July 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly I don't think things have gotten that bad. Sure they can be slow sometimes but I always get my order and CS always takes care of any issues I've had. I think some people are just bratty and entitled and found other bratty entitled people to commiserate with. Strength in numbers and all that jazz. It all started when one girl made a petition on change.org (umm, yeah....) demanding that Julep drop DHL and snowballed from there to writing letters to the AG. If the shipping prices increase, now you know who to blame.  <_<
Totally agree. I saw the petition but missed the stuff about contacting the AG. Seriously ridiculous. 

I don't understand why they don't just do USPS 2-day Priority for all Maven boxes. It seems like for some they were, some they weren't. Honestly, out of all the shipping carriers, I like UPS the least. I've had USPS packages arrive quicker than UPS or FedEx does, and I only like FedEx because my guy gets here pretty much before noon every time. My mail and UPS don't arrive until sometimes after 5PM on bad days. I'm already kind of over Julep, skipped my box this month, and haven't seen anything I had to have in the most recent sale. I can't believe people were freaking out so much to get the AG involved, I'm sorry but Ipsy and Birchbox have had worse problems recently than a few late boxes. I have never had to email Julep about a problem, and while DHL is slow, it's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.
USPS recently changed their policy that they will no longer ship polish via air, it all has to go ground now and since they ship out of Seattle that can be a pretty long trek across the country (and even longer for those of us outside the lower 48 - my 2-3 day shipping is now around 2 weeks. 

Oh and the Julep FB page loading thing isn't just a Julep issue. I've run across it with quite a few pages lately, especially from my phone. I think its a FB thing. 

Well, that makes a lot of sense then and it's clearly outside of their power. I'm not willing to pay more to get stuff faster ..

Oh and the Julep FB page loading thing isn't just a Julep issue. I've run across it with quite a few pages lately, especially from my phone. I think its a FB thing. 
I haven't been on fb much this week, but I've been hearing a lot of complaints about it not working or not loading for people. I have no idea what's up, but it is pretty likely that it's a fb problem and not related to Julep specifically.

I think a lot of it was having to do with people ordering the Plie and them running out of stock. I definitely remember some people saying they hadn't even gotten their box before the June box window opened already. That's definitely kind of an issue.

Julep CS has been great the few times I called them.  They helped me add Rae when it was short on stock during monthly selections because it was showing up as available for a small period of time but wouldn't let me add it online, so she added it 'on the back end' and it went through. That CS rep was great and a huge help.

One time my add-ons arrived but not my regular box - super weird, but they sent me out a new one quickly and didn't give me any crap about it, just apologized.

When I called to cancel before I re-subbed I just left a voicemail and they canceled me the next day and I got an email, no hassle at all.

Overall, besides the few shipping issues they seem to have I think Julep does have good CS but maybe they just get overwhelmed sometimes.

July Birthstone looks pretty!

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Link to July birthstone polish...

http://www.julep.com/secret-store/martina.html

I don't have access to the store since I skipped or I'd post all of the links for you ladies. Maybe someone else would be so kind? ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

I really like Martina (although I don't think there is a red polish I don't like!) so I will definitely be picking it up when I can use a discount code!

I'm cancelling. their lack of people to answer the phones is irritating (and the hold message repeatedly).  Very frustrated.

I like that trio too!  I already have the green speckle polish though & I didn't take a box this month.  Too bad it was sold out!
I already have the purple speckle but $14.99 for the other two and one to swap isn't bad at all. Definitely too bad.

Latest posts

Back