(Spoilers) Julep June 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used my free polish credit (I'd been saving it from March) and got Annemarie, Brandt, Shoshanna, Kimberly, Nessa, Mackenzie, Evelyn, and Christine for $5.80 shipped. Deals like this are why I can never really hate Julep.

Was it Julep that had those skull scarves in a set around Halloween?

If so, I hope they have those in the sale :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

ETA: Answered my own question. Yep, it was!

Julep-Halloween-Sets.png
I wanted those so bad! I already had the polishes they were sold with so I couldn't justify buying them. I will be over the moon if they show up in the sale!

I just checked my order history and I placed 4 orders in one day last year. lol

Here's order #1 this year...

julepsale.png

I used PERK1020 to get $10 off so the add-on is basically free. It's likely a bunch of dupe polishes but I can always gift them to friends if that's the case. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Thanks for the code! Worked great! Found some items for summer swaps!

Just saw this! I had already forgotten when the sale was. Oh well, only thing left I want is shoshanna but I think I'll wait and see what gets added when the sale starts so I can use the code. Hopefully they have a lot more to add, especially products!

Last night I ordered as soon as I found out that things had started to be added to the sale. I got:

*Nail Decals - Black Frankenstein Stitches

*Julep Nail Appliques - Peacock

*Mini Cosmetic Brush

*Francis

*Julep Everyday SPF Hand Cream SPF 30

*Root Beer Float duo

And this morning I picked up:

*Kimberly

*Leather wrap bracelet - green

I really hope they add those scarves to the sale!

So, my mystery box is 1.8 lbs.  That seems kind of heavy for a mystery box? I'm guessing there's some heavy lotioney products in there.

Of course Julep's eye lash curlers go on sale the day before my expensive version arrives in the mail! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

I love their eye lash curlers!  I picked up Kimberly, Shoshanna, and AnnMarie, and then 6 curlers to keep for backups.  

*mind blown moment*  I had no idea Julep was on ebates!  Only 1.5% cash back, but it is something!  

It's not even sale time yet and I've already got five things in my cart (the silver skull bracelet, Little Lights, the white leather wrap bracelet, Abbie, and Kimberly)! Looking forward to seeing what else Julep puts up in fifteen minutes. I mentioned this sale to one of my guy friends and he really wants a bottle of Kimberly because that's his girlfriend's name and he loves wearing nail polish. I might end up getting a second bottle for him to apologize for something that happened in a game of Cards Against Humanity once.

And of course Shoshanna goes on sale for $2 when I just paid full price for a bottle of it. Oh well! I already have it and swatched it and so prettyyyyyyyyyy. Holographics are my weakness every time.

All the rage on the red maker event page.....glad I am here and knew it went live early....though whether they ever restocked or will restock Portia... <_<

All the rage on the red maker event page.....glad I am here and knew it went live early....though whether they ever restocked or will restock Portia... <_<
I saw that and was glad to have gotten what I wanted already! I kind of had my hopes up though that they would be adding more stuff when the "official" start time came...

Has this event replaced the warehouse sales they used to have? I got some great deals but am a little disappointed that it's really not that different from the normal Savvy Deals. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a min amount to spend to use POLISHPERK? I cant get it to work when I remove a certain item 
I believe it's $15.

Man, I can't even find $20 worth of stuff I want for 1/2 off.  I'll just check back periodically today and see what else they add (if anything). 

The cynic in me thinks they pulled all this just to get massive traffic to the $28 mystery gift - knowing stock would sell out early (and allowing it by going live early) and people would think "oh at least I'm getting 'something'..."  No more buzz on your dupe-apoolza mystery boxes each month?  Have a Facebook special event and give it a cool name!

I just ended up getting the Mystery Box with Elana anyway, added on a few more cheap polishes and the major mystery add-on so I could just squeak by $50 and get the free mystery gift. Which I'm sure will be dupe polishes of the polishes in the Mystery box, which will also be dupes of what I already have. Lol!

I spent like twice what I planned on but I got at least 11 new polishes that I don't already have (several that have been on my wishlist), and the mystery box has the hand scrub I've been wanting. So hopefully the rest of the mystery items will have SOME new to me polishes/products. Or they'll make good gifts/trades :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yeah this sale is just not grabbing me. I have half of those colors, and the other half I have something similar already.

Latest posts

Back