The "Five Things" Game

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Marisol Getting ready to go look at an open house todayJamming to the new BEP CD... it rocks!

Letting my hair be free today... no flat iron, no curling iron & no hair dryer (only combed it and sprayed some Surf Spray on it)

Wanting to know what CD Sarah is going to put on

Have about 4 loads of laundry to do.. YUCK!

Hey Marisol,
I also am loving the new BEP album. I also love Shakira...we have similar taste in music it seems! My husband (who's filipino) loves the track "Bebot" on the the new BEP album..it's all in Tagalog. It's so cool. Wonder if that one will make it to radio..

claps.gif

1. Had a garage sale today and made $300+ off our old stuff! yay.

2. We still have a garage full of #%&*%$!

3. Watched that movie The Cursed last night, with Christina Ricci. I love horror movies (sometimes) and don't recommend this one...too corny.

4. plan on sleeping in for once tomorrow morning.

5. stopped drinking coffee, now I only drink tea or OJ in the morning. Feel so much better.

Originally Posted by Nicolet Hey Marisol,
I also am loving the new BEP album. I also love Shakira...we have similar taste in music it seems! My husband (who's filipino) loves the track "Bebot" on the the new BEP album..it's all in Tagalog. It's so cool. Wonder if that one will make it to radio..

claps.gif

I like that song a lot and also My Hump. Its got a good beat. Did you get the new Shakira CD? if you haven't and want a copy, PM and I will burn you one. I love it!

1. I just watched Spanglish and fell for Adam Sandler

2. Speaking of Shakira, I am watching a marathon of her videos on a spanish TV station

3. Hopefully will see RIze or Cinderella tomorrow

4. Can't wait to go to the grocery store and pick up some magazines to read

6. I am a sunflower seed junkie

I can't believe I didn't relise BEP was black eyed peas *whose new single is playing on the radio right now*

I'm tired and want to sleep, as I didn't get much sleep last night due to annoying noisy neighbours

I'm really pleased I found MUT everyone is sooo nice on here, just wish I found it sooner

I'm wondering where the nice sun has disapeared to

Right now I'm looking for Kevyn Aucoin books to buy

Originally Posted by lovesboxers

When his intestines came out they were all twisted and 90% damaged. We would have to spend $4,000 for surgery for a 5% chance of survival and if he survived he would only live to be about 5 years, would never run, jump, eat solids, and hardly be able to walk again, be on pain meds the rest of his life. Well, it just isn't that much of a life for a dog no matter how much we love him.
1. I have not yet cried today
icon_confused.gif

2. My dog ( a boxer ) hence the user name has made me broke!!

3. I used to work until my second child was born 8 years ago, and havn't had a outside job since then. However it was easier working outside the home than in.

4. I am so excited to go camping on the 4th, my husband just finished working on his Toy and it is Rubicon ready now.

5. I hate fashion. It's nice on others, but I am more of an REI or jeans type, but I love hair and make-up.

Lovesboxers, I talked to my mom about your dog situation and she was like WOW that is terrible. (she is a huge dog advocate and loves dogs)
1. I should shave today

2. I am drinking Starbucks coffee right now.

3. Considering to start to pack today for Maui

4. Contemplating on running today

5. Need food right now

Thanks Tony

1. marisol, I love seeds too. That is what helped me to quit smoking a couple of years ago.

2. My husband used to live in Wales.

3. Don't know if I said this already, I used to work at a Wild Animal Park in Oregon. I loved that job.

4. I am down to a single cat as for pets now.

5. I love mexican food.

1. It has been very hot here for almost 2 weeks straight (like 95° F!!), very unusual. I would have died without my fan.

2. There´s nothing I hate more than rain, but I pray for rain right now. it is too damn hot!!!

3. today at lunchtime I burnt my hand getting pizza out of the oven. but thank god I burnt my right hand (which is already burnt-2nd and 3rd degree burn) so I didn´t even feel that much pain b/c the skin is already destroyed I guess and it doesn´t even show.

4. I´m with Sarah, I wan´t to move to the US too (what a surprise for you guys :_roll-eye )

5. my 17 year old brother has partied twice as much as I do lately (he has gotten into a fight, lost his expensive watch but found it again, puked in my mum´s car twice b/c of too much alcohol, brought home a friend who was too drunk to walk cause he was close to an alkohol intoxication). he is still a good kid though. just getting a little wild lately
wink.gif

1. We just bought my son a Star Wars Light Saber at Target, and he is going crazy now playing with it. My daughter picked out a little kitty-cat doll and is quietly playing with it in the family room. It was their treat for helping me with the garage sale yesterday.

2. My Uncle passed away last night. He had Parkinsons Disease. They say he lost his balance and fell down while outside in the yard. He apparently hit his head. Unfortunately, he wasn't discovered right away, he went into a coma..there wasn't much they could do.

3. I am very sad for his 3 daughters, and his wife. I can't imagine what they are going through.

4. We went out to brunch this morning, and I had Banana Pancakes, Eggs Benedict with Crab, sausages and Green Tea. My husband says I have a big appetite. I love going to brunch on Sunday mornings.

5. The weather here is beautiful today...blue, sunny skies, slight breeze, about 75 degrees. Heading out for a walk...

[*]I got home from a day long wedding around 1:15 am and I'm pooped.

[*]The deodorant trick works: my feet are blister-free from a day filled with lots of dancing and walking around in very high and strappy choos.

[*]I hate days like today. I can take the heat, it's that darn humidity that ruins my mood.

[*]I should really be sleeping right now, but I need to unwind. Wish Starbucks was open.

[*]Tony, the adoption request is still open. Maui huh...hating you right now!
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Nicolet

1. We just bought my son a Star Wars Light Saber at Target, and he is going crazy now playing with it. My daughter picked out a little kitty-cat doll and is quietly playing with it in the family room. It was their treat for helping me with the garage sale yesterday.2. My Uncle passed away last night. He had Parkinsons Disease. They say he lost his balance and fell down while outside in the yard. He apparently hit his head. Unfortunately, he wasn't discovered right away, he went into a coma..there wasn't much they could do.

3. I am very sad for his 3 daughters, and his wife. I can't imagine what they are going through.

4. We went out to brunch this morning, and I had Banana Pancakes, Eggs Benedict with Crab, sausages and Green Tea. My husband says I have a big appetite. I love going to brunch on Sunday mornings.

5. The weather here is beautiful today...blue, sunny skies, slight breeze, about 75 degrees. Heading out for a walk...

OH THE LIGHT SABER!!! Cameron has like 6 of them
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Sofia

1. I got home from a day long wedding around 1:15 am and I'm pooped.
  2. The deodorant trick works: my feet are blister-free from a day filled with lots of dancing and walking around in very high and strappy choos.
  3. I hate days like today. I can take the heat, it's that darn humidity that ruins my mood.
  4. I should really be sleeping right now, but I need to unwind. Wish Starbucks was open.
  5. Tony, the adoption request is still open. Maui huh...hating you right now!
    wink.gif
    biggrin.gif

Yeah, ok, lets adopt u
smile.gif

Today has been really slow. The clock was stuck on like, 3! i hate that.. anyway, here is my list du jour!

[*]I can't wait for the party at my boyfriends house. its so much fun!

[*]I wish i was thinner.

[*]I love Middle Eastern food (indian, afghan, you name it!)

[*]I want to travel to India

[*]Looking forward to diving lessons! Will be starting soon!

1. My Grandfather was one of the POWs (prisoners of war) that built the actual bridge over the river Kwai in Burma (there was a movie made based on this actual event) during WWII. He almost died over there.

2. My parents are Dutch-Indonesian and were born and raised in Indonesia. After WWII, during the Indonesian Revolution against the Dutch government, my parents fled for their lives from Indonesia to Holland because of their dutch blood. All of my father's neighbors who had dutch blood were killed in their sleep with bamboo spears, but his family fled to a nearby convent.

3. My parents both spent time in concentration camps. They were very young and separated from their families.

4. My parents met and fell in love in Amsterdam. They came to the U.S. over 40 years ago with only a couple hundred dollars in their pockets.

5. I have to keep reminding myself of everything my parents went through to give me the life I have now. I am so grateful for everything I have, and can give my children.

Originally Posted by Nicolet 1. My Grandfather was one of the POWs (prisoners of war) that built the actual bridge over the river Kwai in Burma (there was a movie made based on this actual event) during WWII. He almost died over there. 2. My parents are Dutch-Indonesian and were born and raised in Indonesia. After WWII, during the Indonesian Revolution against the Dutch government, my parents fled for their lives from Indonesia to Holland because of their dutch blood. All of my father's neighbors who had dutch blood were killed in their sleep with bamboo spears, but his family fled to a nearby convent.

3. My parents both spent time in concentration camps. They were very young and separated from their families.

4. My parents met and fell in love in Amsterdam. They came to the U.S. over 40 years ago with only a couple hundred dollars in their pockets.

5. I have to keep reminding myself of everything my parents went through to give me the life I have now. I am so grateful for everything I have, and can give my children.

OMG! OMG! OMG!

Originally Posted by Nicolet

1. My Grandfather was one of the POWs (prisoners of war) that built the actual bridge over the river Kwai in Burma (there was a movie made based on this actual event) during WWII. He almost died over there. 2. My parents are Dutch-Indonesian and were born and raised in Indonesia. After WWII, during the Indonesian Revolution against the Dutch government, my parents fled for their lives from Indonesia to Holland because of their dutch blood. All of my father's neighbors who had dutch blood were killed in their sleep with bamboo spears, but his family fled to a nearby convent.

Nicholet, that was a nice story. Here is my boring one for today:
1. We are packing profusely for our trip

2. I am filling up my pool as we speak

3. I am putting my running shoes on so I can go run 2 miles soon

4. My back hurts today
frown.gif

5. I wish my mom would quit smoking

1.i am so tired today,i need a cafe vanilla frap from starbucks!!!!

2.i have so much cleaning to do today

3.weather sucks yesturday and today!!!

4.i am buying new furniture for my living room,dont know what i am getting.

5.i need to get to the gym at some point today!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Nicolet 1. My Grandfather was one of the POWs (prisoners of war) that built the actual bridge over the river Kwai in Burma (there was a movie made based on this actual event) during WWII. He almost died over there. 2. My parents are Dutch-Indonesian and were born and raised in Indonesia. After WWII, during the Indonesian Revolution against the Dutch government, my parents fled for their lives from Indonesia to Holland because of their dutch blood. All of my father's neighbors who had dutch blood were killed in their sleep with bamboo spears, but his family fled to a nearby convent.

wow thats quite a story?Do you speak dutch?My husbands mother talks to our kids in dutch.

Originally Posted by nydoll23 wow thats quite a story?Do you speak dutch?My husbands mother talks to our kids in dutch. nydoll, Hi! And, yes, I speak Dutch..well, sort of. It's my parent's first language, they were raised Dutch-Catholic. They were a minority in Indonesia, which is mostly Muslim. Anyway, when they came here, the school system told my mom that she's in America now and to only teach me English. My mom regrets doing that now. I do understand my parents fluently, and can speak a little. I also sing dutch children songs to my kids every night. Is your mother-in-law from Holland? My mom also talks to our kids in Dutch. Hopefully, they'll learn more than me.
It's funny..people have no idea what to think of me sometimes. They'll speak Spanish to me, I've been asked if I was Happa (half-Japanese) quite often, in Hawaii people wanted to take pictures with me, the most recent someone thought I looked like I was from Palestine.
redface.gif

Back