What companies do you subscribe to?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Diana Mangual /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sample society sounds promising since its paired with Allure, and beautybar seems like a top notch shopping site for high end products! oh the anticipation!!!!!
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
icon_smile.gif

The Allure affiliation is EXACTLY why I immediately went for it ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Diana Mangual /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Allure has been known to recommend some of the best beauty products in their magazines! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Well.....I won't get up on my soapbox about the process behind editorial recommendations :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

However, I do like ALLURE, in general, and their branding is strong enough that I doubt they would be willing to license out if this were gonna be a total gyp.

I only really started this year.

Birchbox: $10

February was my first box, and I was pleased. 1/1 I'm going to give them 3 tries before I make a final verdict. If I like 2/3 I'll probably switch to the yearly.

Conscious Box: $19

January was my first box, and I was underwhelmed. I don't like that they don't give you confirmation when you sign up, and when I e-mailed them to ask if I got "in" the response seemed rude, to me. I did like February's box. It contained a lot of food items that I'll actually use (Himalayan pink salt? Cool!) and some adult items for Valentines day. Also, the cutest tube of (Badger) lip tint ever, that actually moisturizes my lips. As with January, a lot of bars and tea bags, too, which I'll use. And a pretty big size bottle of moisturizing hand sanitizer that smells like licorice tea. So they get 1/2. If next month is awesome, I'll probably switch to the six month subscription.

I tried Julep Maven. I only paid $5 for it but I was not impressed with the quality, so I cancelled. For $5 it would have been okay, but not for $20. I got nail stickers, and I don't think I'll ever be able to use them. They looked cute online, but they're so huge and ugly in real life. It's a peacock print, but my nails are pretty skinny, I have long nail beds but I keep them short and I'm pretty sure the pattern would be lost on me. I'm contemplating using some on my big toe nails (that's how huge they are!). They also sent some little half sphere "glitter" but I don't know how to get them to stay flat-side-down. I haven't tried the pomegranate body butter/lotion/whatever yet because I vowed to only keep 2 body moisturizers open at a time.

I also tried Eco-Emi once. I got a bonus box last summer, and it seemed like stuff you'd buy on Etsy. I'll buy home made stuff at a farmers market, but I don't feel comfortable using stuff that I don't know who made it. Plus it was mostly crap, and a lot of it was melted.

I am subscribed to 

Birchbox

Beauty Army

Beauty Box 5 (just signed up)

My Glam- I had a bad experience with them this month... I had to get a new debit card because I lost mine. Well BIRCHBOX kindly sent me an email saying I need to update my credit card info before a certain date to receive my box. DONE. My Glam didn't do squat. I was actually checking my account to see if My Glam withdrew from my bank account. When I saw it wasn't there I signed on and realized my debit card info was from my previous card. So I went to "change billing info" and I would have to cancel my subscription and renew. Which would be fine except they are OUT OF STOCK. I then emailed customer service and they informed me there is no way to change my card info without canceling my subscription and being on the wait list. So I missed a bag because I could not change my card info... I'm not one to publicly complain BUT seriously??.. I can't change my card number?!? END RANT :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I tried Julep Maven, just not for me.

Originally Posted by geniabeme /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am subscribed to 

Birchbox

Beauty Army

Beauty Box 5 (just signed up)

My Glam- I had a bad experience with them this month... I had to get a new debit card because I lost mine. Well BIRCHBOX kindly sent me an email saying I need to update my credit card info before a certain date to receive my box. DONE. My Glam didn't do squat. I was actually checking my account to see if My Glam withdrew from my bank account. When I saw it wasn't there I signed on and realized my debit card info was from my previous card. So I went to "change billing info" and I would have to cancel my subscription and renew. Which would be fine except they are OUT OF STOCK. I then emailed customer service and they informed me there is no way to change my card info without canceling my subscription and being on the wait list. So I missed a bag because I could not change my card info... I'm not one to publicly complain BUT seriously??.. I can't change my card number?!? END RANT :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I tried Julep Maven, just not for me.
That sucks about the card, you'd think that would be a basic function!

I agree with you about Julep. I loved the hand lotion I got from them but the nail polish was medicore at best for me.

Updated:

Birchbox

Beauty Army (2 accounts)

Julep

Sample Society

Beauty Box 5

Canceled:

Platinum box

Beauty fix

Considering:

The Look Bag

I ended up signing up for Love With Food, since i'm a sucker for gourmet foods and snacks (and this was the cheapest of all the food boxes).  I like that it gives to charity and has a neat point system and an awesome community (swapping recipes etc.)

So my list is:

Sample Society

The Look Bag

Love With Food (I'll decide how I feel after my first free box)

I'm debating on whether I want to get Birchbox when I get off the waiting list now, since the boxes that i've seen lately don't seem like something i'd be as interested in...I guess I'll decide when the time comes!

Currently subscribed:

Birchbox

Beauty Box 5

Considering:

The Look Bag

Beauty Army

Sample Society

Waiting to hit the US:

Glossybox

Glymm

I'm currently subscribed to Birchbox and MyGlam, and I just signed up try Sample Society, Love With Food, and Beauty Box 5.  I'm only allowing myself to have 2 at a time, so after I get my first box from each of the others, I'll be deciding what to keep.  Definitely keeping Birchbox, but the other 4 are competing with each other.  Most likely I'll be canceling MyGlam and keeping one (...or two...maybe) of the others.

I signed up to Influenster back in december. It's a free sampling service. I am finally getting one of their vox box this month. Well as I was looking through their last couple months boxes I noticed that they gave out wen and x out. Lol what a coincidence!

Originally Posted by Animekitten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I signed up to Influenster back in december. It's a free sampling service. I am finally getting one of their vox box this month. Well as I was looking through their last couple months boxes I noticed that they gave out wen and x out. Lol what a coincidence!

I signed up for influenster recently too. I still dont' get how it works lol.

Of course now that I've signed up for nearly every other service I get an email from BirchBox that I have spot open. Ahhh!

Congrats!  I'm glad you guys are getting them!  I won't hold my breath for one since my blog will probably never be as great/popular as yours haha

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm getting a Vox Box as well. Can't wait!

blahhhh just got my first blissmobox, how am I ever going to drop this service? I know its 22/month but I got 3 full size products (bodywash, soap, lotion) and two deluxe sample sizes, one of shampoo, one of conditioner. 

WHY DO THEY MAKE IT SO HARD. 

Originally Posted by javagirl87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Congrats!  I'm glad you guys are getting them!  I won't hold my breath for one since my blog will probably never be as great/popular as yours haha

I wouldn't say my blog is popular. I have under 150 subscribers with most of the people subscribing just recently. lol

That's a great box! Was that the winter defense one?

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

blahhhh just got my first blissmobox, how am I ever going to drop this service? I know its 22/month but I got 3 full size products (bodywash, soap, lotion) and two deluxe sample sizes, one of shampoo, one of conditioner. 

WHY DO THEY MAKE IT SO HARD. 

I did my unboxing video and had a sneeze attack due to the Dermalogica flying every where when I took the cap off. lol Needless to say I doubt that video will ever see the light of day.

Originally Posted by javagirl87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's a great box! Was that the winter defense one?

I think so? I'm not sure, I don't know much about blissmo, I did it on a whim lol. It has out of africa organic shea butter lotion and soap, weleda body wash, mineral fusion shampoo and conditioner.

Back