• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

What companies have you gotten samples from?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by astokes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got the samples from Supergoop! that they were giving away on Facebook.

2 packets of CIty Sunscreen Serum.

: )
hey did you get a confirmation email for that? i didn't get anything after i filled out the form...

Originally Posted by Mandy Kane /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by astokes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got the samples from Supergoop! that they were giving away on Facebook.

2 packets of CIty Sunscreen Serum.

: )
hey did you get a confirmation email for that? i didn't get anything after i filled out the form...

I can't recall getting an email and a quick search through my inbox/trash yields no results.

I hope you get them though! : )

I emailed per-fekt on Friday and I didn't hear anything back, I expected they'd reply after the weekend. Then yesterday I got a package from them. I'm in PA and they're in CA so they had to have mailed it Friday. So if you don't get a reply, it doesn't mean they're not sending anything.

I did get samples from Super Goop a few weeks back, Jouer and Manna Kadar.

Just requested from other companies...Will keep you guys posted.

I have gotten a YES from Juice beauty, Jurlique, Sabon, Caldrea, per-fekt.  It's going to feel like christmas in the next few weeks! 

What kind of samples are you guys getting from Sabon?  I requested a sample of their scrub and they said they didn't have any. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yay! I asked shea terra about a sample of their black hips black soap and they replied that they currently had editors picks sample boxes for 5.oo (normally 10.00) I was so excited! these boxes have 3 to 5 deluxe samples for 5 bucks! I ordered 3 boxes! although the shipping was a bit steep (almost 8 bucks) i figured since I am getting the boxes for half price its still cheaper.

​

Oh I just realized it wasnt actually shea terra I had contacted but beautysage who carries shea products! I thought something looked funny! oh well they carry alot of products I have seen in birchbox so hopefully I will get some products I love!

Originally Posted by lady41 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh I just realized it wasnt actually shea terra I had contacted but beautysage who carries shea products! I thought something looked funny! oh well they carry alot of products I have seen in birchbox so hopefully I will get some products I love!
I saw that but didn't want to pay the shipping.  Let us know if it was worth it!  Beauty Sage is Dr. Oz's site, tons of great natural products!  BTW, Shea Terra will send generous size samples of the rose hips black soap.  I got mine yesterday.

Originally Posted by Lisa N /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I saw that but didn't want to pay the shipping.  Let us know if it was worth it!  Beauty Sage is Dr. Oz's site, tons of great natural products!  BTW, Shea Terra will send generous size samples of the rose hips black soap.  I got mine yesterday.
yea i wasn't too crazy about the shipping either and couldn't find a promo code or anytrhing to bring it down more, but I thought- why not! I really hope i get the Shea Terra stuff like in the pic- then it will be worth it, i haven't sampled any of their stuff yet! i skipped julep again this month so that's how i justified it, lol. 

Originally Posted by Mandy Kane /img/forum/go_quote.gif

yea i wasn't too crazy about the shipping either and couldn't find a promo code or anytrhing to bring it down more, but I thought- why not! I really hope i get the Shea Terra stuff like in the pic- then it will be worth it, i haven't sampled any of their stuff yet! i skipped julep again this month so that's how i justified it, lol. 
I noticed that it seems to be a rose hips black soap and a mini whipper.  If you buy 3 like you did, then it justifies the shipping a lot more than buying one.  I just got my first Shea Terra order and I'm already in love!  If you decide to order, they release a 30% off promo code pretty much every month, just follow them on FB.

Originally Posted by Elara /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What kind of samples are you guys getting from Sabon?  I requested a sample of their scrub and they said they didn't have any. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I only asked for the foot cream and that's exactly what I got. Seems like its a decent amount too.

Whish told me they were out of samples but they offered me a 30% off coupon of my entire purchase and free shipping

Ohhh cool! I didn't realize it was dr oz! Yes I felt the shipping was steep but the boxes being 5 dollas instead of 10 right now was my justification! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just emailed L'Occitane because I wanted some perfume samples, and they replied almost instantly:

[email protected]

"[SIZE=11pt]Thank you for contacting L’OCCITANE.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]We do apologize but we do not have Peony samples available.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]We do offer an array of skincare products we can gladly send you.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]If you would like the samples please provide us with your mailing address.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Thank you[/SIZE]"

i also just contacted l'occitane and they answered immediately saying they would send me samples. they honestly answered in under 5 mins.

Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just emailed L'Occitane because I wanted some perfume samples, and they replied almost instantly:

[email protected]

"[SIZE=11pt]Thank you for contacting L’OCCITANE.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]We do apologize but we do not have Peony samples available.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]We do offer an array of skincare products we can gladly send you.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]If you would like the samples please provide us with your mailing address.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Thank you[/SIZE]"
I just did the same asking about one of their shampoo & conditioner sets, and received an immediate response.

Also I don't know if you noticed but they have a pop-up when you get to the site to create a L'Occitane account with Facebook and receive a Free Shea Butter Hand Cream ($10 value, no purchase required*)   It's for in store pick up only, otherwise online purchasers it's free with a $25 purchase which includes free shipping. I just connected it to FB and the email was sent instantly.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Latest posts

Back