What is the best foundation you have tried?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the cheapie is maybelline smooth result

its actually really good...great coverage lasts long doesn't get cakey

but the splurge is lancome photogenic its better since i dont have to use so much ...a little goes a loong way

I am really into using MMU by OceanMist although for a liquid foundation I like Prescriptives Traceless Foundation....

I have oily skin and live in a humid climate. I like MAC Studio Mist alot, and I also L'Oreal Tru-match powder.

I have several that I alternate depending on what I am doing...

Bare Minerals,

Prescriptives Custom Blend & Flawless Skin,

Chanel Double Perfection,

Stila Sheer Colour,

Face Atelier Ultra, and

Napoleon Camera Finish.

I have normal/dry skin and I am finding that the Bare Minerals is too drying on my skin in winter (but great in warmer months).

I really want to try the SKII airbrush foundation and the Armani Silk.

I like Wonder Finish by Maybelline and Revlon Colorstay. They both work well on my combination skin.

I also just got EDM and I think I going to like it best of all.

Originally Posted by smallpuppy /img/forum/go_quote.gif Well I'm still in the search for that perfect foundation..(my face is oily)I want one that wears on and on and that makes me look flawlessand glowing ..Here's the one's I've tried:Clinique: Yuck!
eek.gif

Lancome Photogenic: doesn't last and by the end of the day I look horrible!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Bourjois Perfect Fluid: Hated the coverage..perfect for people that have a perfect complexion

Origins: Not bad but still not what I'm looking for

Dermablend: Awesome coverage (full) but too heavy on face

And I'm not even gonna talk about Covergirl, Maybelline,etc!!!

What are the foundations you currently use? And if you know of one that will make heads turn please let me know!!!

Hi,
I'm personally loving Iman's Oil-Free Silicone Based Stick Foundation.
icon14.gif

Thought I would repost since my first post on this thread was back in June 2005 and stated I loved Bare Minerals. Update: hate bare minerals and EDM which breaks me out. I love Prescriptives Custom Blend. Dont know if it is a HG but I did use up a full bottle of Prescriptives Flawless and repurchased a Px Custom Blend for the right color and coverage. I'm happy with it.
wink.gif

i'm going to receive several different samples from various brands in the next days. will write about it in a seperate threat then. i'm looking forward to your comments in a few days

Estee Lauder Double Wear in Fresco.

For a softer look i use Boots Tinted Moisturiser with SPF 15 underneath Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse, works a treat.

You should try Prescriptives! I have oily skin...and I've use Prescriptives now for over 5 years. It's the best. They can customize a shade for your skin tone (if one of the many shades they have do not work)...and they have formula's for all types of skin. Try it and let me know what you think.

^^ i definately agree with the above, mind you ive tried prescriptives all minerals and its a beautiful light weight foundation, im thinking of trying photochrome, apparently very good for going out events had a light adjusting and so true to your skin colour, however i did hear that it became discontinued but due to the disappointment its been re-launched jan 2009! im off to get myself one =D will let you know how i get along.

xxxxxx

Lancome Teint Idol!!! great for oily skin...much better than photogenic! its really amazing! go by the counter and get a free 10 day sample to try, you will love it!!!!

Prescriptives have a great mineral powder foundation that's great for oily skin. That's what I use and it gives my face a natural look. What's also great about this powder is that it's good for you. It's has several vitamins and minerals in it to give your skin a healthy and natural glow. You won't be disappointed.

I have somewhat oily skin and I actually found the Neutrogena Healthy Complexion foundation to be pretty good -- I definitely liked the smooth finish it gave. (And I wonder if ANY foundation will keep you oil-free if you're prone to that, anyway . . .) It may have helped the the color matching was the best for my skin with the Neutrogena line.

Mine is most definetly....Trucco Skin Tones.....sadly, it was discontinued in Canada when proctor and gamble bought Trucco... it makes me sad, really, really sad
frown.gif

Estée Lauder Resilience Lift Extreme Ultra Firming Makeup SPF 15 and Futurist Age-Resisting Makeup SPF 15. I live in the desert and my skin is dry rather than oily, so, these work for me.

Kiss Me Minerals Clara. That is very light yellov/beige, usually bought buy light asian women.

And Gosh poercelaine foundation.

Back