30 Inspirations Nail Art Challenge 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We can submit manis we want to try as well for inspiration right? I've seen a bunch on IG I want to try but I don't know there's any I've actually done that anyone would want to copy.

Yes, you can start early! The first inspiration mani is posted in the first post of this thread, and the rest of the inspiration manis for the first set will be posted ASAP. Have a wonderful time visiting your family! I just recently moved away from Wisconsin, and I can't believe how much I miss it.
Where are you from?  I miss it too, I've been in CO for almost two years now and I adore it here but the things I miss the most (besides family and friends) are the food (can't wait to get some fish fry, broasted chicken, and butter soaked hamburgers in me!), the spring-fall weather and general greenness, and the lakes.  

Where are you from? I miss it too, I've been in CO for almost two years now and I adore it here but the things I miss the most (besides family and friends) are the food (can't wait to get some fish fry, broasted chicken, and butter soaked hamburgers in me!), the spring-fall weather and general greenness, and the lakes.
I was living in Rhinelander. I was only there for about two and a half years, but my dad is originally from Milwaukee so I have a bit of family in the state as well. I am currently back in my native state of Idaho and so glad to be back near my friends and most of my family and the mountains. I miss the trees and all the green and the lakes myself, and I would for sure go for a fish fry right now. I know I will miss all the beautiful colors in the fall. I definitely don't miss the ticks though.

Are we posting the manis in this thread or is there another one started?  I just finished mine!!  I can't wait til Friday.

Well here it is!!  I wanted to keep close to the original design because the color combination is fantastic, but going with a neon twist.  I am so excited for this challenge because all I have been doing lately is swatching and I was so excited to do some nail art.  Thanks Monika for this idea.  It's so unique and is going to be a blast!!  I used OPI Don't Bossa Nova Me Around for my base color on my thumb, middle and ring fingers.  I left the thumb alone. I then used Orly Hot Tropics from the new Baked collection for my index and pinkie fingers.  I used it also for the dots along with another shade from the same collection and that's the purple shade Saturated.  I love them both.  I then used OPI It's Frosty Outside which if I remember correctly was the silver originally used.  All nails are topped with one coat of Nail Pattern Boldness Digital Flash.

Inspiration1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wooohooooo!!!!!!

Gosh I loooove those nails, they are very beautiful and elegant. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Does it matter if my nails aren't longish-long? I want to hurry up and do mine, but it won't be fancy that's for sure. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Wooohooooo!!!!!!

Gosh I loooove those nails, they are very beautiful and elegant. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Does it matter if my nails aren't longish-long? I want to hurry up and do mine, but it won't be fancy that's for sure. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
We love all kinds of nails here!! 

Are we posting the manis in this thread or is there another one started?  I just finished mine!!  I can't wait til Friday.

Well here it is!!  I wanted to keep close to the original design because the color combination is fantastic, but going with a neon twist.  I am so excited for this challenge because all I have been doing lately is swatching and I was so excited to do some nail art.  Thanks Monika for this idea.  It's so unique and is going to be a blast!!  I used OPI Don't Bossa Nova Me Around for my base color on my thumb, middle and ring fingers.  I left the thumb alone. I then used Orly Hot Tropics from the new Baked collection for my index and pinkie fingers.  I used it also for the dots along with another shade from the same collection and that's the purple shade Saturated.  I love them both.  I then used OPI It's Frosty Outside which if I remember correctly was the silver originally used.  All nails are topped with one coat of Nail Pattern Boldness Digital Flash.

Inspiration1.jpg
That's awesome, great job!  Love the two colors together.  I'm glad you picked up Don't Bossa, isn't it a great neutral?  Your dots turned out so nice...I must practice more!

You're totally making me want the Orly Baked collection, I didn't realize how pretty they are.

That's awesome, great job!  Love the two colors together.  I'm glad you picked up Don't Bossa, isn't it a great neutral?  Your dots turned out so nice...I must practice more!

You're totally making me want the Orly Baked collection, I didn't realize how pretty they are.
They are BOGO right now at Sally and I had a $5 off coupon for renewing my Sally card.  It was a no brainer for me.  I love them both.  I only really want one of the other shades and that's the orange one with shimmer  (Ablaze??)  I am also wearing Hot Tropics on my toes it's the perfect summer pedi polish.

They are BOGO right now at Sally and I had a $5 off coupon for renewing my Sally card.  It was a no brainer for me.  I love them both.  I only really want one of the other shades and that's the orange one with shimmer  (Ablaze??)  I am also wearing Hot Tropics on my toes it's the perfect summer pedi polish.
BOGO?  Nice!  I got my 15% reward recently so I might have to stop in there soon.  I'm supposed to be on a polish no-buy...but...you know how that goes... :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Oh cool that's awesome.... Another question... Ikr, stop with the questions already!!!!

But... Does it have to be similar to the pics that were done? Or can it be completely different... I'm quite slow to do with this. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thank you for answering all my 21 questions. Lol

Inspiration1.jpg
Wow Christa, that is so beautiful! Yes, we're posting responses in this thread, and yes, the silver in mine is also OPI It's Frosty Outside. I'm really happy this challenge is happening, as I was looking forward to one too, so thanks so much everyone for joining in! The more people are involved, the more interesting this will be.

NPB in general seems super popular right now - how do you compare Digital Flash to other topcoats? I'm really curious.

In response to your question about posting others' manis from online: I am hoping the posts would be our own as we don't always know whether people are OK with their work being re-posted. I am thinking of so many of your manis that would be fantastic Inspirations. Just as a little example, any of your reverse-stamping creations would really push me creatively. I'm not sure as I write, if you posted one, if I would go for it or 'wimp out' (ahem, be alternately creatively inspired) and go in a wholly different direction with the response.

Oh cool that's awesome.... Another question... Ikr, stop with the questions already!!!!

But... Does it have to be similar to the pics that were done? Or can it be completely different... I'm quite slow to do with this. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thank you for answering all my 21 questions. Lol
No problem @Courtnee ♥’s ...! Questions are good! So, no, your response mani does not need to resemble the inspiration mani. It can if you want, but the idea is that looking at the Inspiration will give you ideas for something to do, but you don't have to be anywhere near close to it, if you are inspired to do something dissimilar. For example, with this first one, since it has some silver in it, you could be inspired to do an all-silver mani. That would be great. Or you could add an abstract blob-shaped dot to each nail as a reference to the dotting that was used. For that matter, you could take it further and use squares instead of dots as a departure from the original. Or you could use a hex glitter to give the idea of dots. You could also take the idea of using the Zoya Naturel Collection (the polishes I used included Zoya Taylor, Brigitte, and Odette from that collection) and do a mani of any sort with any number of pink/beige/mauve/nudes that you own. The more purple Odette could inspire you to do a purple straw-splatter paint number over a pink polish base. Maybe the configuration of the dots gives you the thought of a wave, and you do a mani with a blue polish to represent water. Alternatively, you could use precisely the four colours used to effectively duplicate the mani. I hope that gives you some idea of the enormous latitude here. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back