Avenue A by Adidas *SPOILERS*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another sports bra for the next season's box!

Screen Shot 2017-06-23 at 11.13.56 AM.png

I received mine today and I'm starting to contemplate if I'll keep this subscription.

IMG_1700.JPG

IMG_1702.JPG

I am not excited about the shoes anymore because they all look like the same but different color.

The value of the box still exceeds the price I paid, I'll wait for next season's spoiler if it's still worth keeping.

Thanks for posting your pictures since the ones on MSA weren't the best.  I feel like I have a better idea of what to expect now. 

Personally I like these shoes, that shade of purple is right up my alley and I didn't need another pair of white or gray.  Plus I like that they are more of a traditional style shoe; some of the ones they have sent in the past have been a little too trendy for me.  I'm thinking of the bright blue ones with the wide laces...something about the way the toe box is shaped just isn't my style.  So far the black shoes were my favorite and I think these will be a close second. 

Seems like there are tons of variations of the sunnies and I hope I either get a color I like or my mom is willing to trade me since we have pretty different taste. 

I don't really mind that the stuff isn't a super matchy matchy outfit since I have enough of an athletic wear collection that I can wear it with other things.  I also don't really care that there isn't a jacket for fall, since we got one in the spring.  I definitely feel like I got my money's worth. 

FullSizeRender 3.jpg

FullSizeRender 4.jpg

I love how the outfit was put together. The bra is my fave esp I do yoga. Keeps my chest covered unlike other bras and the cups are built in. I always struggle with the sizing of the pants. Small always fits me but the waistband is always tight. I was thinking of updating one size up, but then the hip area will be a little loose. This means I neeeeeed to do abs exercises :D

The sunnies varies, I think? Some got black, I got the white one. It fits awkward on my face too, I'll end up giving it away.

My husband told me I looked like an eggplant with the color combination. I replied, a beautiful eggplant! LOL

I traded my green and copper excalates for the maroon ones with the pink and orange lenses and I couldn't be happier.  I sized up to an XL in the top because some of the past ones have been too snug on my belly, and that was a mistake; the top is definitely too big (not just because the armholes are meant to show your bra; I mean the whole front fits weird on me).  I'm too lazy to mess with returning it so i'll just fix my sizing on the adidas website (just in time for them to send me a tight L in the next box, lol).  I'm always really happy with the bottoms and shoes and accessories and bras, I think their tops just aren't made for people who were blessed with the "more belly than boobie" body type.  Although from reading MSA it sounds like the ladies with bigger ladies are having problems too.  Maybe their tops are just weird in general. 

This sub is still a win for me, one of my favorites.     

This box was hit and miss for me.  I got gold sunglasses and the lenses really do not do anything to diminish the sunlight.  I mean....what's the point?

For once, everything fit for me but that top.....can we really even call it a top?  It really does nothing and I hate it.  Why didn't we get a long sleeved top for Fall?  This top really is not for the Fall at all.  It is already too cool to wear it outside and it's not even officially Fall yet.

The pants fit which surprised me since they are very slim.  (I guess that walking program this summer paid off a little!).  The bra is a little chokey at the top but it fits and holds me in so I guess it is okay.

Love, (did I say love?) the sneakers.   So there's that.

Hoping for a better box next season.

Yeah this was definitely sad news for me too.  But I used the discount to basically make myself a winter box; spent $130 on a pair of joggers, an old school trefoil hoodie, and a nice running pullover.  I am regretting that I didn't throw some socks in too for good measure - my dream winter box! 

I see Under Armour is going into the sub box. That might work for me since it looks like it's more like stitchfix where you only pay for what you keep. But I've heard you can get UA stuff on discount pretty cheap on sale or with discounts.

I see Under Armour is going into the sub box. That might work for me since it looks like it's more like stitchfix where you only pay for what you keep. But I've heard you can get UA stuff on discount pretty cheap on sale or with discounts.
I thought for a hot second you were saying they were adding under armour to this box, I was so confused, haha.  Honestly I think I'd prefer if they did a box more like Avenue A.  The way it's described on MSA it sounds like it's only a 20% discount, and only if you buy everything.  I don't really need someone to shop for me, I want a good deal I can't get on my own.  What great timing that would be if they made a real subscription box, to swoop up all of the Adidas subbies when they were on pause. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooo! I am interested with UA sub box! But I agree you can get cheap UA apparel. There is an outlet just a few miles from where we live and last time I shopped, I paid $20 for 5 tops.

Husband loves UA for his golf outfit, I hope they have for men too.

**ETA- they do have boxes for men!! Yaaaas!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back