Avenue A by Adidas *SPOILERS*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received my box a couple of days ago and I actually like the items overall. I totally agree with @@Teach22 that both sets of shoes are running a little bit on the too big side but the larger size should work in my favor once I put in the custom orthotic inserts that I just got (yea for plantar fasciitis). I'm also digging the oversized, colorful hoodie and tights- comfortable and fun for lounging around the house this winter. I'm a little blah about the tank top/mesh shirt combo but I know that I will get good use out of them for working out. I'm just trying to figure out how I'm going to use all the shoes that we have gotten so far with this sub box though. Starting to feel like Imelda Marcos of athletic shoes at the moment :lol: ...

So FedEx told me my box got delivered 30 minutes ago but there is nothing at my door. I have already called them asking what happened. I hope they find it soon.

I received my box a couple of days ago and I actually like the items overall. I totally agree with @@Teach22 that both sets of shoes are running a little bit on the too big side but the larger size should work in my favor once I put in the custom orthotic inserts that I just got (yea for plantar fasciitis). I'm also digging the oversized, colorful hoodie and tights- comfortable and fun for lounging around the house this winter. I'm a little blah about the tank top/mesh shirt combo but I know that I will get good use out of them for working out. I'm just trying to figure out how I'm going to use all the shoes that we have gotten so far with this sub box though. Starting to feel like Imelda Marcos of athletic shoes at the moment :lol: ...
Ha ha!  I feel ya!  Yea I actually put my sub on pause for the next box too many shoes. My faves so far have been the ones from the fall box - the black ones- I wear those all the time.

OMG! You had me laughing there. My husband asks me if I am competing with Imelda Marcos because I've got shoes all over our house. My answer "Well, we are both Filipinas, deal with it!" :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

But seriously, I really have lots of sneakers and looks like I got no plans of stopping hoarding! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Does anyone know (or did anyone ever figure out) what on earth the Order Number is? What is the magic formula for it to actually work in the exchange form?

I couldn't get it to work last time and I still can't now. It took SO LONG to get a response using regular email.

Both shoes are gigantic even though they're the same size that the last box had (which fit perfectly). For some reason I got the sweatshirt in a Small (good) but the other tops in a Large (not so good). I need to switch out almost the entire box!

It would be nice if they sent out an email with the types of items we were getting and allowed us to choose the size specifically based on the product. 

Does anyone know (or did anyone ever figure out) what on earth the Order Number is? What is the magic formula for it to actually work in the exchange form?

I couldn't get it to work last time and I still can't now. It took SO LONG to get a response using regular email.

Both shoes are gigantic even though they're the same size that the last box had (which fit perfectly). For some reason I got the sweatshirt in a Small (good) but the other tops in a Large (not so good). I need to switch out almost the entire box!

It would be nice if they sent out an email with the types of items we were getting and allowed us to choose the size specifically based on the product. 

You can find the order number from their shipping confirmation. I requested for an exchange for this box (Superstars) and they are on their way. It's my second time to request for a replacement and second time too I was told to keep both. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

You can find the order number from their shipping confirmation. I requested for an exchange for this box (Superstars) and they are on their way. It's my second time to request for a replacement and second time too I was told to keep both. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Hm. Well, I bet that's the problem then. I've never received a shipping confirmation for any of my boxes. I only know they're coming from my FedEx account.

Thank you SO much for telling me!! I just looked up my FedEx account and found a number in there in the shipping information that worked!!

I'm so glad yours are on the way already. Last time it took nearly a month for them to respond to my exchange email. Hopefully this will speed things up!

Not really box related but Hautelook/Nordstromrack is having an adidas sale event.  Started today wed. 12/28 and goes for 2 days.  It looked like the blue running shoes from I think the summer box are included in the sale but there s a lot of others too didn't get to look thru them all. Heres the link   do need to sign up for an account to browse the sale (i think) but its free to sign up

Man the customer service with this box is pretty incredible.  I sent an exchange request for both pairs of shoes (they were huge on me so weird all the other sneaks have been a great fit) on christmas eve and received an email today (which isn't a bad turnaround  considering the busy holiday season) saying the replacement pairs are on the way and to keep the other shoes and pass them on to a friend.  Thats so generous and I m so excited to make someone's day with brand new lovely sneakers.  Thanks Ave. A! 

My replacements arrived today and fit so much better!  Hooray I cannot believe how fast and easy that was.  It also blows my mind they dont ask for the ill- fitting pairs back I really hope people dont take advantage of that. I gave away the too big shoes and it was so awesome to give free shoes to someone. I also love the fact the replacements came in shoeboxes--- I like to store my shoes in the boxes they came in.  Sadly I did cancel this box I think I have plenty of shoes for now but I will totally sub again in the future.  Awesome box and service!

"Throw kindness around like confetti!"

I got my replacements! The 6.5's are almost too small (only almost, though, totally wearable). I'm wondering if they sent out Men's 7's instead of womens or something because the difference between the two shoes was HUGE. It's at least a full size difference between the two, if not more.

I have no idea. I've never seen such a wide disparity with sizing.

Either way, I got shoes that fit and I'm happy. I really cannot believe they allow us to keep the extra pairs. Maybe shipping everything back would make it not worth it? Shoes are heavy. Who knows.

Super happy with the Bounce shoes!

I got my replacements! The 6.5's are almost too small (only almost, though, totally wearable). I'm wondering if they sent out Men's 7's instead of womens or something because the difference between the two shoes was HUGE. It's at least a full size difference between the two, if not more.

I have no idea. I've never seen such a wide disparity with sizing.

Either way, I got shoes that fit and I'm happy. I really cannot believe they allow us to keep the extra pairs. Maybe shipping everything back would make it not worth it? Shoes are heavy. Who knows.

Super happy with the Bounce shoes!
So, I finally got around to trying on the shoes yesterday. I can *sort of* make the alpha bounce shoes work, but they are definitely a size too big.  The Stan Smith's however, are at least 2 sizes too big despite the tag describing them as "women's" 7.5.  I hope it's not too late for me to contact customer service.  Their sizing issues might be enough to put me off future boxes.  Some of their shoes are true 7.5, others run a little small, while others are huge.   

I'm so bummed that I cancelled this box too. I would love these shoes. They look the same as the colorful ones we got before and they are so comfortable.

This box billed (*) yesterday so it should be coming soon!!

(*) I actually got double billed, but called and they refunded quickly.  Sounded like I wasn't the only one?

Very excited - I had actually ordered 2 boxes when the 1st spoiler came out just in case and am happy I forgot about cancelling 1.  Can't wait to receive my box; I'm usually in the 2nd round of deliveries so hopefully before the end of February.

Back