Birchbox August 2016 Sample Choice **Spoilers**

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thinking about getting the curated. I never get the curated but lately my boxes haven't been great and I think I'll use almost everything in it. The unknown is so tempting though! 

I picked the curated. A little sad because I enjoy the anticipation of the surprise but BB has been letting me down lately. I think I'm likely to cancel soon since they did away with the points. 

Also I just realized you can buy the curated box this month for $10 if your a subscriber. Not sure I would have gotten two boxes but this might be useful information to somebody! 

Originally I picked the curated but got annoyed with all the dupes.  All I really wanted was the stila.  So I actually had my sample switched to the dry shampoo.  I'm hoping they throw in the stila. Otherwise I will buy the curated separately or possibly grab that stila set.  

I picked the curated for Stila too. I am keeping two boxes only until this month and cancel one before September. My hair tends to be oily specially now in the summer. I do not feel like putting a lot of products in it.

I picked the curated. A little sad because I enjoy the anticipation of the surprise but BB has been letting me down lately. I think I'm likely to cancel soon since they did away with the points. 

Also I just realized you can buy the curated box this month for $10 if your a subscriber. Not sure I would have gotten two boxes but this might be useful information to somebody! 
Can you post the link to buy the Featured box for $10?

I just noticed Birchbox does not give points based on the gross total paid (including tax) anymore. In the past, we were given 1 point for each dollar out of pocket. I find this change weird and a bit sneaky since they didn't announce it.

My order is just shipped and it seems like Birchbox reduced the free 2-Day Ace shipping to Newgistics. I should have known, my last order also arrived in more than 10 days and box was heavily damaged. I really don't like all these unannounced changes which are important to us as customers :/

Now with no sample points, much slower shipping than competitors, and no price advantage what is the incentive to shop at BB shop?

@@pearldrop Man, these latest changes you mentioned indicate that Birchbox is seriously in bad shape.

No points on gross total? That's the retail equivalent of looking between the seats and under the floor mats for loose change.

Last edited by a moderator:
I placed an order yesterday at noon and it shipped by 3pm.  It initially was charging me shipping, but I had to back out and re do the order for it to remove shipping. 

I just got a birthday coupon code from Birchbox....but my birthday is in December. Wth? They haven't sent me a code in forever, let alone an anniversary code for the 5 years I was with them, or a code for my bday before. 

I noticed a thread on reddit that some kits have gone up in price.  I bought the IPKN Twinkle set for $18.  At some point it was only $15.  Now it's up to $25. Someone said their favorite face wash went up about $6. What's even more depressing is that most subscribers will lose ACE status since without points you would need to spend about $700 in the shop.

My order is just shipped and it seems like Birchbox reduced the free 2-Day Ace shipping to Newgistics. I should have known, my last order also arrived in more than 10 days and box was heavily damaged. I really don't like all these unannounced changes which are important to us as customers :/

Now with no sample points, much slower shipping than competitors, and no price advantage what is the incentive to shop at BB shop?
I placed an order over ten days ago and it STILL hasn't arrived.  I don't know if they changed shipping companies or what, but in the past my orders have arrived in less than a week.   I am also massively confused about whether or not I'm an Ace.  It says I am, but in the last two months they've tried to charge me for shipping AND I've never been offered free two day shipping.   Unless Birchbox does something to improve customer satisfaction, they are going to keep losing box subscribers & online orders.  I have a feeling they won't be around past the end of the year, if things keep going in this direction. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

EDITED to update that I decided to cash in my points for some Davines hair powders.  Total was $59 and it kept saying I would get free shipping . . .when I got to the final step, they suddenly tried tacking on $5 for shipping.  I contacted their customer support and haven't heard back (also. . supposedly I'm an ACE on this account so shipping should have been free regardless).   This reminds me that I contacted customer support for this exact same issue a few weeks ago and *never* *ever* heard back.   I'm tempted to just pay the shipping and then walk away from Birchbox altogether.   

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yeah mine hasn't moved at all either now that you mention it. UGH!

My box page isn't loaded either. BOO!  

Box spoilers are live! Both of my boxes are showing the curated box, but I chose the dry shampoo paste as my sample on one of them. Hoping this is just a glitch!

Mine just says "Can't stop, won't stop." but no items. Based on the comments over at MSA it looks like there is a glitch. Only Liz can see her box which is a curated.  Reddit is silent on the topic, which is weird.  Normally they know everything first.

Back