Birchbox June 2016 Sample Choice **Spoilers**

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I didn't pick a pys because I can't use the brow product. Unfortunately I still got one (I think everyone did I hate when they do this). I figured they would at least send me the lightest shade if they were matching according to my profile. However they sent me the medium shade, it's basically brown. I swiped it on my brow just to see and it looks awful. The lightest color I already know doesn't work because it's an ashy taupe and not at all useful to a natural redhead but the brown on me just looks ridiculous. I will be giving it to a family member. I know they were pitching the "new medium" shade as a universal color that works for everyone, but it doesn't, it really doesn't. 

I was reading somewhere that a lot of people were looking forward to the benefit gimme brow and it didn't come with their box, like it wasn't even listed on their box page even though they picked a shade, so not everyone got one. I got a sample of one of their new pencils from ulta, the goof proof one, in dark and its the best eyebrow pencil I have right now. It filled in my sparse area and sharpened my arch without looking too unnatural, its really nice.

Resubbed to BB in May since 2012.  Was looking to try some new products...  

My experience so far:

Pros:

May box included a small Pixi sample of eyeshadows.  Ended up being very pretty.

May box had a great detangler & hand lotion sample.  Would like to keep as spares in gym bag/purse so these were good

I really, really liked the Cargo blush/brozer duo, albiet small, I may save up my BB points to get these.

June box had Davines samples.  I am a Davines junkie.  So so happy.

June box had a great facewash/cloth duo.  Loved that.

June box had full sized lipstick.  Not my favorite color but I will wear it

Cons:

May box took three weeks to arrive, despite having been marked as shipped

May box had half-full VERY tiny sample of the Coola primer.  Only got one use out of it.   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

May box had a very tiny sample of sunblock.  (As I read thru these forums I am guessing I will be getting a lot of sunblock which is fine, as I need to stock up on these)

June box had half full supergoop and kiehls samples. 

What are the curated boxes & how do I get ahold of them?  Are they the same as the "Featured Boxes"?

Did you guys read the email from Birchbox regarding points?

unnamed.jpg

I just used the cheat code to see what my main box is going to be, and it's an okay one:

Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair! Deep Conditioning Mask

Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish™ Hot Cloth Cleanser

Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray

Marcelle BB Cream Golden Glow

Benefit Brow

I think I may have already gotten this hot cloth cleanser and the cloth in another box of mine...either PopSugar or FabFitFun? One of those had a similar product at least, so I can use the cloth from that one with this too which is good.

Kind of swimming in deep conditioning products right now. I'll just have to start using them. I'm bummed not to get the Smoothie Stick, but I waited to order with my second account just in case, so I was able to grab the other box with it which worked out perfectly.

All in all I think these are good products though and will use them!
I got the same box.  It came yesterday.  The samples were a nice size.  The cleanser came with the cloth.I did not think I would like the oribe,.  but I just "finger combed" it in  my hair.  It smells great. 

The Oribe texturizing spray is one that I've actually purchased and repurchased after having a sample size of it.

I got my box today! The hot cloth cleanser came with a cloth! I'm super impressed because I was not expecting that at all!

I got my box today too along with the dog kit. I forgot I had added it because I wanted to try the dr Jart uv fluid. I also ended up getting it in my box

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back