Birchbox Shipping/OOS/Warehouse Issues

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still waiting for my monthly Birchbox, it says it was delivered last Thursday to my mail box, but I haven't received it. Still haven't gotten it 3 days later, emailed Birchbox, haven't heard back yet. I was so excited for my samples this month! 

Anyone else feel like shipping is delayed this month? I usually have my box by the 10th, but I don't even have any shipping information yet.

I am miffed.  I'm so miffed right now that I just want to whinge.

I ordered a few items that I received broken and dirty and also the wrong color for one of them.  I email CS and tell them exactly what happened.  She said to mail it back and she would mail me new replacements and the correct color.  I came home to the shipment all happy and open it to find that they just mailed me back THE SAME THINGS I MAILED THEM.  

The Under the Sun box with a broken Laura Mercier eyeshadow that shattered and had brown eyeshadow all over the box dirtying items that weren't sealed.

And the Japanoese brush set that I ordered in silver - there's only silver on their website in the description and in the picture and in the darn title of the item - for which they sent me brown.

I have to wake up and leave for work well before usps opens.  I come back well after they close.  The only time I have to mail stuff back for returns when I need to go in is on Saturdays (which is shitty since it's the only day I get to sleep in) and honestly I don't even want to do that.  I just want to toss this in the rubbish bin and be done with it.  This is not the first or second or third time that I've received broken or wrong items from BB and this last one just pissed me off.

I emailed back a rather hostile note since I was pissed off.

Edit and now I just read that it's OOS.  This pisses me off as the CS rep said that she was having them mail her the box FIRST to make sure that everything was ok and then she would mail it out to me.  The return address says NYC on it.  I think she just kept the damn box for herself.  I am pissed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tulip- although you cannot buy the LE box anymore, they still have the individual items listed in the shop. They should be able to make replacements. Sometimes it is better to just call them and be able to have a conversation in real time. 

I recently used some saved up points to get a leave in conditioner and a Pura Vida anchor bracelet.  The leave in conditioner was sent in a box all by itself, which came unscrewed at the top and spilled all over the box.  USPS had to wrap it in a plastic bag in order to continue to deliver a now empty bottle to me. :/  I sent BB an email.... THEN I opened the 2nd package to find a Tweezerman pimple popper tool and a set of Mally lip sticks (and I don't do lip stuff).  UGH.  Where's my stuff?!  So mad right now.

I recently used some saved up points to get a leave in conditioner and a Pura Vida anchor bracelet.  The leave in conditioner was sent in a box all by itself, which came unscrewed at the top and spilled all over the box.  USPS had to wrap it in a plastic bag in order to continue to deliver a now empty bottle to me. :/  I sent BB an email.... THEN I opened the 2nd package to find a Tweezerman pimple popper tool and a set of Mally lip sticks (and I don't do lip stuff).  UGH.  Where's my stuff?!  So mad right now.
Pimple popper?!? :wacko:   I didn't even know that was a real thing.

I bought the Tweezerman pimple tool long time ago thinking it was a good idea and couldn't figure out how to use it. It definitely didn't work for me. To me it felt like it damaged the skin more than helped it.

I bought the Tweezerman pimple tool long time ago thinking it was a good idea and couldn't figure out how to use it. It definitely didn't work for me. To me it felt like it damaged the skin more than helped it.
I use a John James size 13 beading needle. It makes a tiny incision that lets all the puss out. The Tweezerman thing seems to saw the top off of zits, which would just leave a big scar. I'm sure that dermatologists would say any kind of popping is a no no. But if they ruled the world the only "makeup" we could wear would be chapstick and moisturizer. 

So they are sending me a new bottle of the leave-in, however, they said that "due to inventory issues" they can't send me the bracelet and refunded me the points for it.  I was fine with that BUT the bracelet is STILL in stock on the website - in both blue and green colors so I sent an email back saying what the heck. Here was their reply to me about it:

"Items do still show up on our website when they are out of stock. This is so that you know that we carry that line or product. Upon checkout, it confirms that the item is sold out. I can completely understand your frustration that it is not apparent earlier in the transaction."

Well, that's a load of %@#$. Other Pura Vida bracelets I want are listed as "sold out" and what really gets me is that some of the bracelets were listed as an "add on" to the box this month.  Sometimes I think Birchbox has gotten too big for their own good.  I've been with them since the beginning (on and off - right now with two accounts!) and it used to be great to get totally surprise boxes with random things.  This "choose your sample" thing has landed me with repeats of items I'd never use and the "choose your color" for the lip stuff last month really ticked me off.  I don't do lip stuff (it's the only makeup I don't wear) yet picking a color was the only option.  I even tried NOT picking a color on one of my accounts and still ended up with one.  I put on the coral color and my BF totally laughed and said I looked like a clown.  

Sorry for the rant!  I'm just fed up with Birchbox... I love them and I've sampled some great holy grail products I ended up purchasing from the shop (buying with my own $$ and sometimes using points).  The very worst part about the order I received this time is that the invoice was sitting at the bottom of the box, totally folded open with the wrong stuff packed on top of it.  Are they even checking what they are doing over there?!

In other news, I have a blackhead tool that works wonders for tiny blackheads.  You just push the teeny tiny circle portion on to the blackhead and it extracts it without "popping" it or damaging the skin.  This tweezerman thing they sent me looks like a torture tool with a HUGE circle on one end.  There is no WAY I'd try to use it on my pimples.  

So they are sending me a new bottle of the leave-in, however, they said that "due to inventory issues" they can't send me the bracelet and refunded me the points for it. I was fine with that BUT the bracelet is STILL in stock on the website - in both blue and green colors so I sent an email back saying what the heck. Here was their reply to me about it:

"Items do still show up on our website when they are out of stock. This is so that you know that we carry that line or product. Upon checkout, it confirms that the item is sold out. I can completely understand your frustration that it is not apparent earlier in the transaction."

Well, that's a load of %@#$. Other Pura Vida bracelets I want are listed as "sold out" and what really gets me is that some of the bracelets were listed as an "add on" to the box this month. Sometimes I think Birchbox has gotten too big for their own good. I've been with them since the beginning (on and off - right now with two accounts!) and it used to be great to get totally surprise boxes with random things. This "choose your sample" thing has landed me with repeats of items I'd never use and the "choose your color" for the lip stuff last month really ticked me off. I don't do lip stuff (it's the only makeup I don't wear) yet picking a color was the only option. I even tried NOT picking a color on one of my accounts and still ended up with one. I put on the coral color and my BF totally laughed and said I looked like a clown.

Sorry for the rant! I'm just fed up with Birchbox... I love them and I've sampled some great holy grail products I ended up purchasing from the shop (buying with my own $$ and sometimes using points). The very worst part about the order I received this time is that the invoice was sitting at the bottom of the box, totally folded open with the wrong stuff packed on top of it. Are they even checking what they are doing over there?!

In other news, I have a blackhead tool that works wonders for tiny blackheads. You just push the teeny tiny circle portion on to the blackhead and it extracts it without "popping" it or damaging the skin. This tweezerman thing they sent me looks like a torture tool with a HUGE circle on one end. There is no WAY I'd try to use it on my pimples.
I really love the pura vida bracelets but I got tired of them always being sold out on birch box. So I finally just went to the pura vida site and they had a pop up for 30% off if you signed up for their newsletter and shipping is always free in the U.S. Plus they have a sale section. There are so many choices though! I think I have about 8 of them now. I know it's not the same as getting them with points from BB but worth looking into if you like them.

I really love the pura vida bracelets but I got tired of them always being sold out on birch box. So I finally just went to the pura vida site and they had a pop up for 30% off if you signed up for their newsletter and shipping is always free in the U.S. Plus they have a sale section. There are so many choices though! I think I have about 8 of them now. I know it's not the same as getting them with points from BB but worth looking into if you like them.
You are AWESOME.  Thank you so much!!!  I didn't even think to go to their website and buy them... duh me!  LOL

My Candidly Nicole box is missing TWO samples. WTF.

of course it's the two i was most interested in. I didn't get the laqa & co or the st tropez and the st tropez was the reason i picked this box.

I assume i am just going to get offered points since the box is sold out now.  this sucks.  :angry:

edit: they replied and said they had extras to send me (lol why didn't you just put them in the box in the first place...) so I'm glad about that!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got a notice my shipping is running behind. What does that mean? How many more days? I usually get my boxes late but haven't seen an email notice before.

I placed an order Sunday. Was excited when I got my shopping notice Monday. But here it is Friday and according to UPS tracking, it hasn't even been picked up yet. Anybody else have this issue? My last order came from Tennessee... So I wouldn't think it would be because of the pope's visit!

The orders seem to take longer to get, at least it has been that way for me until I made Ace.

I am SUPER bummed that they Power Pose box sold out in less than 24 hours. I had it in my cart and was going to spend 35 to use the code from my September box but it wouldn't work. Later that day, I was able to get a code from a friend and it still wouldn't work so I was going to check out without the code and it it told me it was out of stock.  I was going to get it to celebrate my 5 years of being cancer free :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am SUPER bummed that they Power Pose box sold out in less than 24 hours. I had it in my cart and was going to spend 35 to use the code from my September box but it wouldn't work. Later that day, I was able to get a code from a friend and it still wouldn't work so I was going to check out without the code and it it told me it was out of stock.  I was going to get it to celebrate my 5 years of being cancer free :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I don't understand how they could run out since they started having the boxes available for purchase in the shop. The customer favorites is apparently still there, but that's probably never going away since it's all stuff they always have on stock (harvey prince etc.). I've also heard people saying they got codes from family or friends and they didn't work. Mine did but I used it almost the day after I got it. Maybe they expired before the date printed on them. You could try emailing cs to ask if they are going to put the boxes up for sale in the shop.

I don't understand how they could run out since they started having the boxes available for purchase in the shop. The customer favorites is apparently still there, but that's probably never going away since it's all stuff they always have on stock (harvey prince etc.). I've also heard people saying they got codes from family or friends and they didn't work. Mine did but I used it almost the day after I got it. Maybe they expired before the date printed on them. You could try emailing cs to ask if they are going to put the boxes up for sale in the shop.

I did and they basically said there was nothing they could do.

More shipping issues!! My Sept box never got here, they sent a replacement... And it still isn't here yet. :c

Back