Birchbox Shipping/OOS/Warehouse Issues

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was unsubscribed for a long time and just resubscribed at the beginning of this month (September 7) to get the full size MAC lipstick gift with subscription. They didn't ship my box until today and this is their response to my inquiry:

"Unfortunately it looks like the box we intended for you is currently unavailable, due to unforeseen inventory issues. We didn't want to send you a box with product that didn't fit to your Beauty Profile so we have issued a full refund for your charge. This is certainly not the standard nor typical of the service Birchbox strives to provide and we sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding with this issue."

Please note that they also cancelled the MAC GWS although the refund is for this month's box only and they didn't cancel the recurring subscription charges! They couldn't even send the curated box and they took almost 20 days and my inquiry to tell me they won't be sending anything. When I left Birchbox, the service was not this bad. Is this the new norm? Not a happy camper here :(

PS: I asked about the GWS and pointed out that this is Birchbox's mess up and not mine. CS rep said she is sending the freebie as a one time courtesy. 
Ya, seems as if this is the new BB (or the norm now).  They should know when a long time subber, that unsubbed, then comes back, appreciates it a bit.  Anyhow, it's nice they are sending a freebie.  Let us know what you get!  ❤️ Freebies!

Ya, seems as if this is the new BB (or the norm now).  They should know when a long time subber, that unsubbed, then comes back, appreciates it a bit.  Anyhow, it's nice they are sending a freebie.  Let us know what you get!  ❤️ Freebies!
Thanks :)  I received the advertised GWP, MAC lipstick in Gumball, but the CS rep sent it to my old address in the system (my subscription and order had my new shipping address). There was a bit of drama in there, I tried really hard to reach the new occupant of my old house to retrieve my package and the new tenant couldn't care less, didn't bother to respond ? Luckily, I am still in the same city and managed to get it :)    

Back