Boxy Charm [Spoilers]

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the mini palette and the eyeshadow stick.  I'm on the fence about the liquid lipstick, because the color is so bright and I already have a few bold reds.  I put the serum and mascara up for swap because I already have so much of both.

The shade and light one disappears on you? I have the palette too and it's SO pigmented for me. I've heard of some people getting a bad palette though. I love the KVD shadows. I have luxie brushes and use smashbox's eye primer for my shadows. 
Yup, there's about 6 shades that blend away but then I've heard that the kat von d brush works with them a lot better than any other brush so I'm gonna get that brush and give the palette another shot. It swatched so beautifully in-store but when I brought it home, it was a little disappointing. I didn't even set out to buy that particular palette, I just heard that it paired great with the Serpentina palette (I still have to try that pairing out too). I use Sigma brushes and they usually work for everything, I think the cheapie Ulta brand matte nude eye primer might be behind all that. I do have a smashbox tube so I'll try that one out.

And back on-topic, I didn't get the eyeshadow stick in my box, I got the lip liner in plum perfection instead. Totally fine because I'm not going to use that either :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> And the face serum does smell nice, I pumped it onto my hand and it just soaked right in. I love the brush and coastal scents palette, I've been needing a new contour palette and this one has a really pretty highlighter in it so that's a plus. I also got the Amplimascara but I've got three tubes already in use so I'm going to be saving that one for later. Still not regretting cancelling Ipsy for this one.

Here is a spoiler for the September Boxycharm from their IG

image.jpeg

Do they post all the spoilers?  Can't decide on this box.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, everyone gets the palette, the hairgurt (strawberry hair mask) and the hikari liner in raven and a liplure in one of three colors (might be more) and also one of these three: a Butter London lip crayon, Butter London polish or a Vasanti foundation brush. 

I wasn't feeling the spoilers so I didn't get a box this month. I have a Hikari liner from Ipsy and that pencil is not impressive at all, it was hard and barely pigmented. I see a lot of subbies on Instagram posted their box with the Butter London polish and thats the one thing I was wanting, but boxycharm will probably send me the Vasanti foundation brush if I resubbed this late in the month. Oh and that palette was calling for me too.

The palette is GORGEOUS. Super pigmented and pretty, especially the shimmers. I love it almost as much as my MUG shadows. I also got the polish. I did two coats of just the polish by itself and it's still holding up after 4 days of work as a retail worker. I'm excited to try the hair mask and need to test out the lip lure (I'm just a chicken when it comes to glossy stuff because they bleed around my lips despite liner), and the liner, to me, is just a basic liner. 

See now I'm gonna have to get the box now LOL! I love palettes and I have seen swatches so yup, I'm going to have to resub.

See now I'm gonna have to get the box now LOL! I love palettes and I have seen swatches so yup, I'm going to have to resub.
Totally worth it when you remember they charge almost $50 alone for the palette! I definitely have shadows like it, but the copper in the middle is amazing! And the black is super black. I love all of the colors but those specific two were the ones I was drawn to most, obviously to make an awesome smokey pumpkin-esque eye! 

It always seems like nobody on here really receives Boxycharm, but I like trying to keep it updated! They posted a video on facebook with a spoiler for a Luxie Brush set. Three blending brushes. I'm so flippin' excited! I loooove luxie. 

On instagram they said that they ship out in batches and that everyone in this first batch got the temptu, so it sounds like the other three products (the Ofra highlighter, cargo bronzer and cargo blush) will be included in later batches. Makes me wish I had waited to sub but I pulled out the temptu highlighter I got from Ipsy a while ago and its actually a pretty subtle product so I'm hoping the bronzer is a bit like that. Did anyone see the sneak peek of the palette we're getting next month? I'm not sure of the brand but its a 9 pan palette like last months but the colors are different, there's an almost purple shade and a really pretty matte taupe shade. Speaking of last months' I'm still waiting for mine :/

A lot of people were complaining about receiving palettes in the same color families and were wanting a palette in purples. I resubbed back in August so I did not get the Ofra palette. I will say that the one they sent in September is very pigmented so use a gentle hand when applying. I guess I will stay on til next month.

On instagram they said that they ship out in batches and that everyone in this first batch got the temptu, so it sounds like the other three products (the Ofra highlighter, cargo bronzer and cargo blush) will be included in later batches. Makes me wish I had waited to sub but I pulled out the temptu highlighter I got from Ipsy a while ago and its actually a pretty subtle product so I'm hoping the bronzer is a bit like that. Did anyone see the sneak peek of the palette we're getting next month? I'm not sure of the brand but its a 9 pan palette like last months but the colors are different, there's an almost purple shade and a really pretty matte taupe shade. Speaking of last months' I'm still waiting for mine :/
The palette for next month is the same brand as the palette from last month, so I have high hopes for it!

Yeah I just saw their Instagram story with the palette, it looks soo nice. Plus I just received shipping info for my September box, can't wait to get it. crossing my fingers for the butter london polish too but my main focus is that palette lol

I got the Temptu and instead of the Starlooks that I was looking forward to simply because it was a liquid lipstick, I got a Japonesque lip laquer. I hate glosses so much. I do have an airbrush makeup system but it uses water based makeup, not silicone (It's not good for the airbrush to switch back and forth). The shadows, brushes, and hair stuff is all I'll use, but it still seems worth it to me. 

I haven't gotten Boxycharm in a bit but I do like that upcoming palette for November.  Thinking of subbing again.  

I've never got boxycharm before but people are going bonkers for it on facebook. I'm thinking about getting the October box.

I recommend it, I dropped Ipsy for it and haven't been tempted to switch back. I mean, with Boxycharm there's less variation which means less box envy and also pretty much everything is full size. Although this month some lucky subscribers were spared the Temptu bronzer and got Cargo bronzers and blush or an Ofra highlighter instead. I saw a picture on instagram and her box had the Ofra and a Cargo bronzer, I wish I got that box instead. But every month I'm pretty much happy with everything, even the hair and skin products.

Back