Boxy Charm [Spoilers]

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
July 2016 first spoiler....6 eyeshadow shades from OFRA. 

My guess...Ipalette mini or pans

Boxycharm spoiler 1 June 2016.png

I'm really happy with this month's box, and last month was AMAZING. After a few pretty crappy months, it looks like Boxycharm is getting their touch back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my box today and was happy to get the pink Mally eyeshadow brush, I was not looking forward to the Icy Blue liner or the green brush. The PYT smells amazing to me, its got a kind of 'clean' scent to it, I just wish it wasn't so expensive especially if it works wonders in my hair. The palette is definitely my favorite item, I just find it hard to believe that the price is $59. The eyeshadows are all really pigmented and its the perfect size, I have 4 zpalettes and while I love them, 3 of them are too bulky and 1 of them is almost in tatters because I use it all the time. I'm almost tempted to buy another box just to get another palette so I can have a back up. I love this subscription!

Got my box today and was happy to get the pink Mally eyeshadow brush, I was not looking forward to the Icy Blue liner or the green brush. The PYT smells amazing to me, its got a kind of 'clean' scent to it, I just wish it wasn't so expensive especially if it works wonders in my hair. The palette is definitely my favorite item, I just find it hard to believe that the price is $59. The eyeshadows are all really pigmented and its the perfect size, I have 4 zpalettes and while I love them, 3 of them are too bulky and 1 of them is almost in tatters because I use it all the time. I'm almost tempted to buy another box just to get another palette so I can have a back up. I love this subscription!
I was so relieved to get the shadow brush, there's no way I could pull off that ice blue eyeliner! The brush isn't the best quality, but I'll still get plenty of use from it. I really needed a z palette and this one is a fantastic size! I used the eyeshadow today and found the colors to be flattering and pigmented.

Boxycharm is a great value. Even though I like Ofra, it would be refreshing to see a bit more variety of brands. It almost makes me wonder if Ofra owns Boxycharm. I haven't opened the hair oil yet, but I can't wait to give it a try.

Has anyone tried out the Noya lip gloss that was sent out recently? I used it today and actually really loved it, the color while it looks purple in the tube was more of a rose shade on my lips. I hope that we can try some more of their products in future boxes

First September (they are REALLY early) spoiler:

http://www.mysubscriptionaddiction.com/2016/08/boxycharm-september-2016-spoiler.html

It looks like a nice palette, but the colors are too similar to the ones in the OFRA palette they sent us in the July box, so I'll probably sell this one.
I usually end up giving away any eyeshadow palettes that come in these boxes. Some of them are nice enough or have good colors, but I find I already have similar palettes from higher end brands that are easier to work with. So I'm not going to make the effort to make a coastal scents neutral palette work, when I already have the Urban Decay version. Now if they sent, say, a brights palette, I'd be more inclined to keep that since i don't buy expensive shadows in those shades as much because I don't use them as often. So it would be worth having them around to play with, even if the pigmentation wasn't as good.

This makes me sounds like such a snob. Really, I prefer when they send full size single products because they tend to be higher quality overall. Guess I'm spoiled that way.

So is everyone getting the same shade of lipgloss this month? Oh wait its a liquid lipstick, a bright red one. I can't wear that shade but my sister can. The winners for this month for me are the coastal scents mini bronzer palette and brush and possibly the mascara. I don't really like serums, and eyeshadow sticks never get used, I have too many palettes to get through right now. But wait, we're getting another palette next month too... and yes those colors definitely look like the Ofra ones, I wish they would send us more singles to put in the palette they sent us.

I love eyeshadow. The more palettes in my collection, the better! As long as I'm not getting bright yellows and oranges, I'm okay. The liquid lipstick dried down super matte on my lips, which it didn't do on my hand. I loooove it. The coastal scents is super pigmented but I like it a lot. I haven't tried the mascara yet because I have a million mascaras, and I'm always hesitant to use eyeshadow sticks simply because I'm scared of them looking weird on me? The serum, I like a lot, which is weird for me. I don't generally gravitate toward serums but I'm obsessed with the scent of this one and I like the way it sinks into my skin. 

I love eyeshadow too but I've had a tough couple of palettes that just won't work on me (the Miss Fabulous Ulta palette-not that ulta eyeshadows are top of the line to begin with- and the kvd shade and light palette-the colors just blend into my lids and disappear), maybe I need new brushes and primer, I don't know. My box is supposed to be here later today but I'm travelling so I have to wait until tomorrow to play with it :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I love eyeshadow too but I've had a tough couple of palettes that just won't work on me (the Miss Fabulous Ulta palette-not that ulta eyeshadows are top of the line to begin with- and the kvd shade and light palette-the colors just blend into my lids and disappear), maybe I need new brushes and primer, I don't know. My box is supposed to be here later today but I'm travelling so I have to wait until tomorrow to play with it :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
The shade and light one disappears on you? I have the palette too and it's SO pigmented for me. I've heard of some people getting a bad palette though. I love the KVD shadows. I have luxie brushes and use smashbox's eye primer for my shadows. 

Back