Boxy Charm [Spoilers]

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the eyeshadow in cosmopolitan and cocoa bear.  How do you know if you got a shimmer or duo chrome.  It looks shimmer.

So happy with my box.  eye cream, perfume, luxe brush, brow pencil and eyeshadows
Another way to tell the difference is duochrome packaging is different from the others, the envelope is kind of holographic, and hey I got the same stuff as you! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Except one of my shadows is duochrome, kinda wish I got a shimmer instead though. I got Cupcake and Rockstar, its sort of grayish with what looks like a pink shift. Not my style at all but the swatches on the MUG site are nice I might have to at least try it out.

I got the Previse honeymilk cream, the Catherine Malandrino sample, the Chella eyebrow pencil, the Luxie brush and the MUG shadows in Cocoa Bear (matte) and Havoc (duochrome).

Pretty happy with my box although in an ideal world, I would have gotten the eye cream instead but the face cream is great also.

So I emailed about my missing item and turns out I was supposed to get the Chella pencil and they said they'll be sending it with my next box. Guess it's a good thing I'm deciding not to cancel then, otherwise I wouldn't get it. The way they worded the response I thought they were accusing me of lying at first. 

"Thank you for contacting BOXYCHARM! We have contacted our shipping partner and they have confirmed that the following items were included in your box:

-LUXIE SMALL COUNTOUR BRUSH
-CLARKS BOT ANTI-PUFF EYE CREAM
-CHELLA TAUPE EYEBROW PENCIL
-MAKEUP GEEK EYESHADOW V.1 (FRAPPE, CUPCAKE, COCOA BEAR)
-CATH. MALADRINO STYLE DE PARIS
-MAKEUP GEEK EYESHADOW V.2 (8 COLORS AVAILABLE)

We are so sorry to hear that you did not receive your Chella Taupe Eyebrow Pencil. We will be sure to send a replacement Chella Taupe Eyebrow Pencil in your next box. We apologize for this inconvenience and hope that you loved the other contents of your March “Sweet Treats” Box! :D"

Here is a picture for this month's box from IG

image.jpeg

I'm really excited about the Purlisse, simply because it's my go to face wash brand and I've always wanted to try the lip treatment. I've always wanted to try Ofra lippies and I'm a fan of mineral eye shadows and the colors available for that brand are super pretty. I generally don't need lash primers or hand cream though. 

Thanks goodness I unsubscribed because I find everything this month very disappointing. The brands, the products, the packaging... none of it is particularly exciting or interesting to me, sadly. 

Screen-Shot-2016-03-31-at-11.jpg

Thanks goodness I unsubscribed because I find everything this month very disappointing. The brands, the products, the packaging... none of it is particularly exciting or interesting to me, sadly. 

Screen-Shot-2016-03-31-at-11.jpg
Yikes... I just followed your lead and unsubscribed. I might reactivate my account after this month, but the only thing I might like from the April box is the lipstick. Everything else is totally useless for me.

I unsubbed too, I love Boxycharm and some months are awesome but I hope May is better then April. The only item from this month I'm remotely interested in is the Ofra lipstick but I could just as well order that from Ofra.

Just a heads up to all subscribers, Boxy currently has a 50% off promotion going in their Charms shop for the month of April.

I didn't care for this month's box but I'll re-subscribe just so that I can redeem my points and then unsub once more as this is a pretty good deal. There isn't much that I want in the store but the Revealed 3 palette and the Model Co. cheek & lip tint are calling me. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a heads up to all subscribers, Boxy currently has a 50% off promotion going in their Charms shop for the month of April.
Where do you see this?  I didn't get any notification, and when I log in there is no discount shown.  Is there a code or something?

I got an email. Just type in 50offshop in the promo code section during checkout and you'll see your total adjusted. 

just got my box today.  I got the Ofra lip in Pasadena.  It is nice.  I love the eye shadow in brown hypnotic.  Its so pretty.  The purlisse lip balm is also nice.  Haven't tried the Blinc primer yet.  The hand creme is ok.

I actually loved my box this month.  I know some people didn't, but I think we got a lot of useful products.

I love this box as well. The shadow is gorgeous, and I got the Ofra in Pasadena as well. It's a nice nude, but I swear I have a NYX soft matte lip cream in a very similar shade. I love Purlisse anything. The lotion is amazing. I love thicker hand creams and this one is great! The Blinc primer is really cool. I used the outer curve to coat my lashes and the inner curve to separate them and my lashes looked amazing. I didn't use any mascara. It's definitely black and didn't flake or anything. 

I got my box today and I like it a lot more now that I have it in person. I also got the Pasadena lippie and I really like the color. It's a really pretty soft brown nude color. I actually really like everything in the box except for the eyeshadow and that's just because I have gotten that product multiple times before.

Back