Quantcast

Dare to be: Re-l

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score
Quote: Originally Posted by ttanner2005 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  What is Re-I?  I cant even think about doing the challenge if I don't understand it.

Re-l is that character (pictures posted in first thread) from Ergo Proxy.

Reaction score
Im sorry I am new to this site, how exactly do these "challenges" work? As in where do you post pictures Etc....

Reaction score
You post the pictures here. :D /emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" /> In this particular "Dare to Be" it's more like a Face of the Day (FOTD) picture since it's more just for fun than anything else.

slinka

The Supreme
Reaction score
I have been determined to catch up on all of the work I have put off/been too busy to do for these online courses- I haven't put a drop of makeup on since halloween and hadn't before halloween for ...gosh, a week? Maybe more? I'm dying to have fun and do this...maybe I'll make it my "if you get *insert amount* work done today, you can play"

slinka

The Supreme
Reaction score
Ok, so I had a little free time (well, I made it free-time, lol) and I just wanna say this- I wish I still had my black wig, but I don't :( /emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" /> And that I take pictures with my crummy 'ol iphone 3gs (yes, people still have those lol) and it was night time and under awful lighting. But hey, I tried! So, for your viewing pleasure...

Luckily I'm naturally as pale as the character, lol. Although my phone doesn't quite show the blue, I assure you it was there! I used a combo of Kat Von D ..some dark blue I can't remember, and Urban decay...um...Peace, I think it is. It's a brighter blue. In fact, here's a pic of some eye makeup:

Character didn't seem to have much dimension/contour, so I left it flat so my features would kind of all blend in. Also- that's a black turtle neck from oh, 7th grade, a black dish towel draped over my shoulders, my husband's black tie and a jade stone on a chain that I attempted to pin into place with bobby pins.
Other products used:
Nyx Jumbo pencil in milk
Face/lips: KVD lockit
Lips additional: Profusion clear gloss (for a touch of definition and to disguise my dry lips that cracked :( /emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" /> )
Concealer: Nars
Eyebrow and eyeliner- KVD Gunmetal
Lashes- Kiss (A very natural lash- character's lashes looked normal length)
Nyx hd Setting powder.

slinka

The Supreme
Reaction score
P.s. that was the second makeup look of the day for me- my eyes are none too happy about that today! :( /emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Reaction score
I don't have a sassy wig like @slinka but I figured I'd give this look a try. I apologize in advance for the obviously non-matching hair color

To get the pale-ness I pretty much covered my face in my lightest concealer. For the eyes I did a gradient blue using my E.L.F. Beauty book. The black liner is from Urban Decay (24/7 liner woot woot!) and I feathered it out with UD's "crave" which I also used to do my brows (yes I know they are horrendously uneven). Hope you guys like it! Any feedback is much appreciated.

Reaction score
LOL No, it's perfect! The anime (Ergo Proxy) was very dramatic and dark.

slinka

The Supreme
Reaction score
I showed my husband the pictures (cartoon and then me) and he was like, "wait...that's YOU?!" Lol. Good to know he wouldn't recognize me at all just because of some different makeup lmao.

slinka

The Supreme
Reaction score
Good job [@]makeitupasigo[/@]! I like how your camera actually picked up the blue in the shadow (wish mine would without having to be completely focused on the eyeball!).

Reaction score
Quote: Originally Posted by slinka /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Good job @makeitupasigo! I like how your camera actually picked up the blue in the shadow (wish mine would without having to be completely focused on the eyeball!).
Thanks! I loved your look too.