(Discussion) Secret Santa 2013 is coming soon!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by bellatrix42 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm so frustrated with USPS. My girl's gift is sitting in the hub post office nearest her with no movement. I had to ship a little late because the big part of her gift took 12 days to come from one state over, and now I'm sitting and waiting again. I understand that they are busy, but this is really bad. They shouldn't give me the option to pay more to have it delivered even slower. I feel so bad that my girl might get her gift late.

I have to agree. If the USPS wants people to use them more - so they stop losing money - then they need to improve their service. Why should someone pay $10, $15 or $20 to ship priority or express only for the items to be delayed a week or two? If I'm going to pay that much it should be shipped within 48 to 72 hours at most.

Quote: Originally Posted by Dayo Steph /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ah! the wonders of modern technology. I'm on a southwest flight to the fam for Xmas, and I have MUT to keep me sane. The drooling boyfriend asleep on my shoulder listening to "my cat from hell" isn't helping lol. All this talk of luggage has me anxious, I have a suitcase full of pottery for gifts. Here's hoping they didn't decide to play soccer on the way to the cargo hold.

I'd love to be part of the pen pal exchange. I was going through my stash earlier tonight thinking I need to start trading or gifting the swatched stuff I'm not using, it would be so easy to include a little something with a letter.

I actually pulled a complete face kit together for my mom, out of my stash as part of her gift. She's 67 and has never worn makeup, but in her retirement she's starting to get into girly stuff. She asked for pink sugar for her Xmas gift, and since she told me at Mother's Day she didn't have any makeup, I thought it might be fun to put something together for her. Soooo, she'll get the perfume and then a surprise palette,lippies, liner, etc. I hope she actually uses it or at least has fun playing.
I like the idea of pen pals with the potential bonus for little somethings!  I have horrible handwriting but like writing letters and getting them in the mail!  

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by bellatrix42 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm so frustrated with USPS. My girl's gift is sitting in the hub post office nearest her with no movement. I had to ship a little late because the big part of her gift took 12 days to come from one state over, and now I'm sitting and waiting again. I understand that they are busy, but this is really bad. They shouldn't give me the option to pay more to have it delivered even slower. I feel so bad that my girl might get her gift late.

I have to agree. If the USPS wants people to use them more - so they stop losing money - then they need to improve their service. Why should someone pay $10, $15 or $20 to ship priority or express only for the items to be delayed a week or two? If I'm going to pay that much it should be shipped within 48 to 72 hours at most.

Right??

I shipped my SS package and a swap package on the same day. The SS was sent priority, the swap standard post. Even though the swap package went a longer distance at a slower speed, it was received almost a week before the SS one. RIDICULOUS. If you can't provide 2 day shipping, don't sell it.

Speaking of the hot mess that is USPS

Unless they have access to the TARDIS, I highly doubt that this package will be delivered last Saturday.

Quote: Originally Posted by makeitupasigo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Speaking of the hot mess that is USPS

Unless they have access to the TARDIS, I highly doubt that this package will be delivered last Saturday.
haha! My tracking for @klg534's package said estimated delivery on the 16th and it was just delivered today. Failures.

Quote: Originally Posted by LisaLeah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Ok, so my Santee's gift was FINALLY delivered this morning.

(after a long delay)

But I just checked and she hasn't logged on to MUT in days!

Eeek. It was delivered to her front porch according to tracking.

It's a big box. 11 pounds of happiness.

But I am very nervous it will get stolen if she is out of town or didn't make any arrangements with a neighbor.

What should I do?
Wow I am dying to know what 11lbs of happiness is hope your SS post soon.

Quote: Originally Posted by LisaLeah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  UPS is being amazing right now.

They are going to see if my Santee's package is still sitting on her porch tomorrow.

If it is they will take it back, leave a note and re-deliver it on Thursday.

And keep trying until she returns.

They say it's up to the driver's discretion whether to leave a note or leave the package.

It typically depends on how safe the neighborhood is.

Something I never knew.

Anyway, very frustrating she may not get it before the holidays.

But at least I can be assured it won't get stolen.

(fingers crossed)
That's super nice of them!

Ah! the wonders of modern technology. I'm on a southwest flight to the fam for Xmas, and I have MUT to keep me sane. The drooling boyfriend asleep on my shoulder listening to "my cat from hell" isn't helping lol. All this talk of luggage has me anxious, I have a suitcase full of pottery for gifts. Here's hoping they didn't decide to play soccer on the way to the cargo hold.

I'd love to be part of the pen pal exchange. I was going through my stash earlier tonight thinking I need to start trading or gifting the swatched stuff I'm not using, it would be so easy to include a little something with a letter.

I actually pulled a complete face kit together for my mom, out of my stash as part of her gift. She's 67 and has never worn makeup, but in her retirement she's starting to get into girly stuff. She asked for pink sugar for her Xmas gift, and since she told me at Mother's Day she didn't have any makeup, I thought it might be fun to put something together for her. Soooo, she'll get the perfume and then a surprise palette,lippies, liner, etc. I hope she actually uses it or at least has fun playing.
Hope you have a safe flight and your suit case arrives without anything getting broken. That's really sweet what you are doing for your mom.

Quote: Originally Posted by usofjessamerica /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I had a nice chat with my UPS guy the other day about that. He told me for some tiers of packages (whatever that means) they have to leave it - even if the neighborhood seems dangerous or not a secure location to drop off. He said the more "old school" drivers prefer to leave a note because it is safer but less convenient for the recipient. An interesting thing he shared - some retailers who have a lower cost contract REQUIRE UPS to drop it off - even if your porch is a single cement step in a bad neighborhood. Urban Decay has one of these "low cost" contracts as the UPS guy was required to drop my box off the box at the end of my boyfriends moms driveway - in a snow bank... Which was then buried by the snow plow. Jo Malone has this low cost contract too and my poor $120 Christmas present had to be set in the little antechamber between the not secure door and the secure door of my apartment building. UPS guy was paranoid because his wife wears JM haha.

The idea is that the company would rather eat the cost of a lost/stolen package over having an unhappy customer who is waiting for the package.

Sorry if that was more info than you wanted... I'm glad UPS is being awesome! Quote: Originally Posted by LisaLeah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

UPS is being amazing right now.
They are going to see if my Santee's package is still sitting on her porch tomorrow.
If it is they will take it back, leave a note and re-deliver it on Thursday.
And keep trying until she returns.

They say it's up to the driver's discretion whether to leave a note or leave the package.
It typically depends on how safe the neighborhood is.
Something I never knew.

Anyway, very frustrating she may not get it before the holidays.
But at least I can be assured it won't get stolen.
(fingers crossed)
Thanks for sharing that info.

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

On the flip side, did you hear about the UPS driver who left a tablet IN A GARBAGE CAN? I don't know about the neighborhood where this happened, but in mine, people go through you garbage can, so anything in there may not make it into the garbage truck. Also: I think it was garbage day. Also: Even if the garbage had been emptied, most garbage cans are COMPLETELY DISGUSTING. What the hell was that driver thinking?
That's horrible, I would have been so upset.

Hope you have a safe flight and your suit case arrives without anything getting broken. That's really sweet what you are doing for your mom.
Thanks! I'm really looking forward to giving it to her. What's really funny is that she saw my makeup today and decided that I need to give her a makeover before I leave, and she's been complaining that she doesn't have any eye shadow or basics. I think she will be so surprised. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Merry Christmas everyone!!! I hope all is well! Santa dropped off an iPad for me so I'm gonna play around with it! If you savvy ladies know if any worthwhile apps or subscriptions, let me know!!!

Hi sweet things- I'm back in tx safe and sound, although I'm writing this with a fever, cough (which is triggering asthma stuff) and a pounding headache. Also- big thanks to my 2 kids for getting me sick. Merry. Xmas. Slinka. Lol. I got an elf message right when I got to tx saying that my package should be safe and sound at my post office- unfortunately I won't be able to reveal the wonderful ness (or even know who my lady is!) until jan 2/3 (depending on win we arrive back and postal hours). I'm so excited to come back and rip it open!!!! Ah!'

Quote: Originally Posted by slinka /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi sweet things- I'm back in tx safe and sound, although I'm writing this with a fever, cough (which is triggering asthma stuff) and a pounding headache. Also- big thanks to my 2 kids for getting me sick. Merry. Xmas. Slinka. Lol.
I got an elf message right when I got to tx saying that my package should be safe and sound at my post office- unfortunately I won't be able to reveal the wonderful ness (or even know who my lady is!) until jan 2/3 (depending on win we arrive back and postal hours). I'm so excited to come back and rip it open!!!! Ah!'
Yay!  So glad your package is safe and waiting for you.  Sorry to hear about your cold.  I hope you feel better soon.

Dear Fedex, I have been singing your praises, and you haven't updated my package yet... please let me know where it is :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Struggles struggles struggles.

Quote: Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks! I'm really looking forward to giving it to her. What's really funny is that she saw my makeup today and decided that I need to give her a makeover before I leave, and she's been complaining that she doesn't have any eye shadow or basics. I think she will be so surprised.
smile.gif
Sounds like she will really love your gift!

Quote: Originally Posted by slinka /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi sweet things- I'm back in tx safe and sound, although I'm writing this with a fever, cough (which is triggering asthma stuff) and a pounding headache. Also- big thanks to my 2 kids for getting me sick. Merry. Xmas. Slinka. Lol.
I got an elf message right when I got to tx saying that my package should be safe and sound at my post office- unfortunately I won't be able to reveal the wonderful ness (or even know who my lady is!) until jan 2/3 (depending on win we arrive back and postal hours). I'm so excited to come back and rip it open!!!! Ah!'
Hope you feel better soon! Cant wait to see your reveal.

Back