Do you buy back-ups?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone stockpiles a certain product (not an LE) for fear of it being discontinued? Or do you do it with LE products that you LOVE, but never end up using up the first and getting to the back-up becuase you get less crazy about it and find a new favorite? I'm in a curious mood today. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I am tempted to do this, but I don't know if it would be dumb since my mu attention span is about....3 days. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

LOL I just did that last week haha

Purchased three lipgelees lol but it was LE and sold out everywhere.

I stockpiles thing for my favorite stuff only I guess.

edit:

Also for LE mu :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

lol, the Who's That Lady lipgelee?

Do you ever end up using up your first one (not just the lipgelee, any mu product) and using the 2nd one?

Yes, that's how I feel! Plus, brands come out with new products so fast, I would feel guilty buying up a bunch of new stuff if I had a stockpile already. I think the only time I've bought a backup is MF LP, and that was totally worth it for me. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I bought 3 bottles of Collection 2000 (I think this is a UK only product) liquid eyeliner, as that tends to fly off the shelves. I also bought a spare NYC lipstick in cashmere as I liked the shade. Apart from that - nothing.

There seems to be a vast turnover of new products, some of which look great on the shelf but you never get round to using once you have them. I have a few tubes of eyeshadow creams that I never got round to working out how to use effectively.

lol yes, I used everything I purchased and I switched them everyday.

lipgloss, lipbalm, moisturizer SPF are the only mu I wear everyday when I'm at home :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

MAC Brew i suppose is the only think i have a back up of but I actually just started on my back up so i guess i dont have a back up of it anymore. LOL! Get my drift? I never really stock up on things though.

Yep, got it, I was wondering if anyone actually had enough interest in a product to even crack open their back-up. Why am I not surprised you are on your 2nd tube of Brew, Lau? heehee :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Occasionally,I will. It depends on what it is. I have backups of Mascara,but everything else,I try to use up before I repurchase.

I always buy backup moisturiser, cleanser and lip balm. I just purchased a "lot" of 12 Carmex Click sticks on ebay for $8.40.

I only back-up once in a great while. I go through make-up pretty quickly and like to change up the colors in my stash. The colors I used constantly (black, brown, and some form of white) will never go out, so why bother?

DiorAddict...I've done the same with mascara and had it be dry when I got around to it, as well!! What a let down!

I buy back ups of my mascara when it is on sale (Loreal Voluminous) sometimes you can find on sale for 3.99! I bought a backup LE lipgloss last summer and I am now sick of the color and I'm just finishing the first one :icon_roll I have a back up of LE Bagatelle MAC shadow. I love that color though. I am thinking I am no longer going to do the backup thing.

I do this with mascaras. Last time I went to the drugstore, I got three different kinds. Part of it is to have backup in case the first brand sucks, part of it is simply because I replace my mascara like clockwork every 3 months.

I don't, but after Laura's horror Shu-story I might start buying back-ups :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> But only products I really love and that are hard to find.

The only thing that I stock up on if I can ..is UD primer potion. Sometimes, it can be difficult to find here.

Right before I quit working at Estee Lauder, I bought a few jars of my moisturizer and toner and all that stuff while I still had my discount. But as far as makeup goes, I have so much of that stuff, I don't really need a back up because I am always switching things up depending on my mood.

I have stocked up on my mascara, because I change every 3 months, and I like to have one ready to go, I also, have stocked up on a rimmel eyeshadow that is alot like MAC's Yougurt, because I use that as a base for my eyes before I add any colors

Latest posts

Back