Do you buy back-ups?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have any back ups but there are a few things that I wish I had got extras. MAC Lucky Green and Blue Yonder eye kohl are two I wish I had an extra of.

I definitely buy backups of LE stuff that I love. But most often that is NOT lipsticks etc. I have backups of Pigments!!

I bought 2 Lovely Lily pigments and I am about to try and buy a second Goldenaire Pigment, and for the next 7 months worth of MAC collections, I will end up buying anywhere from 24-26 LE pigments ONLY from the new collections coming out.

I never buy backups, w/ MU its rare I actually use something up completely.

i have back-ups of my face powder- i'll snag it on e-bay if i see a good price (it retails for $33), or if i get a gift that i can exchange for it at a department store.

I also have back-ups of my face and eye cream.

I don't buy back-ups of make-up because it takes me forever to use it all up anyway, and i like variety.

Once, I bought a backup second lipstick with my first b/cause the SA told me that particular colr was about to be discontinued. I hardly wanted to spend the money on 2, but I'd been using the color for some time and loved it, so after buying two,I thought frantically for weeks about going back to buy 4 !)

Only that was nearly 2 years ago, and the color still hasn't been discontinued. Another SA told me it was never going to be. So I felt pretty stupid--and that's the one & only time I bought a back up.

What a nasty trick to get you to buy more than you needed. Honestly, I wonder about some people.:icon_roll

Thanks for all your responses girls, seems like a lot of us have a problem using up stuff! Now I feel a little bit better. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Wow, Lei, 26 piggies??:icon_eek:

I recently bought a back up of Iman's Bronzer. I wish I had a back up of my Popmode Lipglass. I'm paranoid that they'll discontinue it and I won't have an extra. It's the perfect shade of pink for me, I think.

Haha, don't go all preschool on me now, missy! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> You are still going to start selling samples on ebay, though? So its a moneymaker, right? ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have back ups for powder, tinted moisturizer, and eyebrow pencil because that's the stuff I use everyday. Sometimes I get back ups for LE items, but I usually regret it later because I don't use them very often and never get around to opening the new one.

I mostly have back ups for skin, body, and hair products, like shampoo, body wash, nail polish remover, lotion, make up remover, perfume, etc...

I usually buy several pairs of false lashes at a time, but that's just cuz I always wear them for work.

But oh lord, let me show you a picture of the craziest stock pile EVER. Well, my mom gets credit for this one. She bought me bubble bath for Christmas that I LOVED, only to discover that it was a discontinued item sold at Marshalls. So for my birthday, she went all over the Bay Area and bought 'em out! My father thinks that the two of us have lost our damn minds, but hey, gotta have backups!

https://forum.makeuptalk.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=12902&d=1137822687

Yep! I am right about to start... probably sometime this week or next week I will have about 30-40 different MAC Pigment samples up on Ebay for sale. :icon_chee I'll post my username in my signature when I have them up.

LMAO joy, you look so cute and happy! i'm so glad you found them!

the only back-ups i've bought were of brew lipstick (3 of them) and naturally eccentric lipstick (2 of them), but i haven't even gone through the firsts yet LOL

oh, and i bought a back-up of stereo rose when i found it at mac a few weeks back.

The only thing that I have a back up of is UD PP and that was because there was a nasty rumor that it was being discontinued. However, I sold it here a while back since its back at stores now.

I don't tend to buy many backups.

I have back ups of my beloved Palmer's Cocoa Butter Swivel Stick, but that's only because it seems like whenever I run out, I can't find it anywhere! So I want one ready to go for when my current one is gone.

I have several back ups of my Jordana Color XTend e/l in Blackout. It's one of my fave black liners, and they're always 2/$5 at Walgreens. However, it always seems like if I wait til I run out, they'll be out and not re-stock for awhile. So now I tend to buy 2 everytime I go to Walgreens, LOL!! I think I have about 6 right now...

I must admit I have 3 backups of L'oreal Blush Delice in Sugar N Spice. It's been clearanced at CVS, and then Walgreens here, so I snagged 3 at half price. I just love this color!

I also have extras of my MAC Fresh Brew l/s (one for home, one for my purse), as well as back ups of my C-Thru and Cultured l/g. I don't need them yet, but I swapped for them. I'd like a backup of Prrr as well.

Otherwise, even though I'm tempted, I try not to buy backups unless it's a staple item. I rarely make it through a colored product unless it's a staple..

omg yes!! i thought had OCD or something lol.. but, i always stock up on my fav items '' just incase ''. i can rest peacfully know that if someone decided to bomb all of the MAC counters my stilife paint collection would last me years hahaha..

Hi,

When I first started doing makeup, I did a bit of stockpiling. Now I don't do it anymore.

Latest posts

Back