Ellada Lane - Greek Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Diane ER,  have you heard from Stavros.  If I don't hear anything by Monday, I am going to file a refund claim with paypal.  I really liked the first box and went to a year subscription but the shipping, the failure to communicate and the other problems with this box make me believe that it is time to file my claim.

Diane ER,  have you heard from Stavros.  If I don't hear anything by Monday, I am going to file a refund claim with paypal.  I really liked the first box and went to a year subscription but the shipping, the failure to communicate and the other problems with this box make me believe that it is time to file my claim.
I would just file it first, you can always cancel it. 

It takes a long time.  It starts with a dispute. Requires them to respond (and there is a long window). Then you can make it a claim (again, requires them to respond, which allows a few weeks). Then you have to respond. Then paypal reviews.  Your money can be stuck a long time. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone hear anything from them recently? I know I still haven't gotten an answer re: Valentine's box, and it seems like their Facebook has gotten very quiet. I'm hoping they are just busy shipping the next box for those who ordered it? =/

They sent something that said there was going to be a spoiler on last Thursday,  Of course no spoiler.  Also, said to hang on a couple more days and they would give us more information and ship.  I don't think he was prepared to run a business and if it doesn't ship by March 15th,  I am filing my claim. I love the products and the first box was amazing, but the lack of communication, deliberate avoidance of any response to questions posted on social media, late shipping and the disappointing Valentine's day box, makes me think that I will be trying to get  my money back.m well and really hope he can develop a better business plan going forward.  

I personally would file now - and cancel later.  You don't want to get in a situation where they fold (and take your money). Hopefully that wouldn't be the case, but for a box that launched last Aug/Sept and only put out 1 box (and supposed to come every other month) it doesnt look good. 

he sent something which asked us to hold on and presented one spoiler , a beautiful pair of earrings, and promised another spoiler the next day which never came.  I emailed 3 days ago asking exactly when the box will ship - no response.  If I don't hear anything by COB tomorrow I am filing the claim over the weekend.  I will not cancel it as I filed a claim with the first box which finally shipped, but I have had it with the delays and false promises.  The items are beautiful, but the business practice is too erratic,  For the first box, I went month to month, but then went to annual.  I just don't want to deal with it anymore even though the items are very nice.

he sent something which asked us to hold on and presented one spoiler , a beautiful pair of earrings, and promised another spoiler the next day which never came.  I emailed 3 days ago asking exactly when the box will ship - no response.  If I don't hear anything by COB tomorrow I am filing the claim over the weekend.  I will not cancel it as I filed a claim with the first box which finally shipped, but I have had it with the delays and false promises.  The items are beautiful, but the business practice is too erratic,  For the first box, I went month to month, but then went to annual.  I just don't want to deal with it anymore even though the items are very nice.
Same here - I purchased the first month then switched to the annual. I wrote him an email yesterday asking for a ship date for Vol 2 and Vol 3 as he originally stated Vol 3 would ship on March 15th. He wrote me this morning that he received my email and would respond by COB Athens time. Not really sure why he took the time to write that but not answer all of my questions. Basically told him I didnt want to have to file a claim but did want to recieve what I had paid for. We'll see what he says. 

I'm sure there are some logistics involved but that should be worked out before launching.  Or at minimum tell everyone it's on pause and that these are being worked out. But trust that all 6 boxes will be coming in the 12 month period, starting x date (not stringing along). 

I got the same response as you ShuShu.  No response by Sunday and i file.  I think if 3-4 of us file, it might wake them up and force them to be more responsive.

I filed with paypal. Nothing he can do now will result in me cancelling my claim.  There are too many boxes that actually send the product and communicate with their customers and I am dropping those that don't and don't remedy the problem. 

I am going to have to call Paypal tomorrow. I had earlier placed a dispute on my payment and Stavros managed to talk me out of it, and now it is not eligible to be re-opened. Perhaps if I call them, they will allow a reopening. I sure hope so, that's a lot of money to lose with no receipt of goods from the seller. Wish me luck.

Posted on their Facebook page this afternoon:

We hope you had a wonderful weekend and could recharge a lot. 
For our Athenean Vol.2 we wanted to share the information that as you know shipment was delayed, but by the end of next week we will send out the parcels. We know that you will love the box. We had to change a lot in regards of the logistic and have learned as well a lot along the process. The usual program was set to be that mid February our Vol.2 would be ready and in April Vol.3. on top we are working on our online shop and one on site facility in the USA, to avoid any customs or shipment delays. Unfortunately we have communicated that Vol.3 would be already ready mid March. To be still in the program and also try to make everything happened in time and get all members happy we will do our best to arrange Vol.3 during the the last week of March/ first week of April.
We hope for your understanding. We want to be transparent and share as much as we can. Your Ellada Lane Team

I wish I could believe him, but there have been just too many misrepresentations.   I do not feel I can cancel my claim again. At the very least, I no longer feel comfortable having the annual membership.  

At least they are saying *something*, I suppose? I'm still frustrated we never got information on the Valentine box, despite being asked multiple times.

I am going to have to call Paypal tomorrow. I had earlier placed a dispute on my payment and Stavros managed to talk me out of it, and now it is not eligible to be re-opened. Perhaps if I call them, they will allow a reopening. I sure hope so, that's a lot of money to lose with no receipt of goods from the seller. Wish me luck.
OMG. That's my biggest fear when it comes to these things. Do let us know how it turns out. 

And always make sure you communication only through Paypal once it has been initiated - that's a way to get it reopened.  It's likely harder to do if communicating through facebook or email or twitter. 

Did anyone have any luck opening a Paypal dispute? I am unable to re-open mine, so I'm stuck trying to prevail on Stavros' better angels to do the right thing. But he has stopped responding to the emails I send him. Who knows, maybe he's dead.

If they actually ship this week (which is "the end of next week" per his FB post early last week), I'll eat my hat.

I feel like a fool, on several levels. 

I opened a dispute and plan to escalate it to a claim this weekend.  I really think he means well, but is over his head.  They should not have tried to do a Valentine's box without shipping the Athens box.  Also,he needs to learn what the word "transparent" means.  He uses it a lot but apparently doesn't understand what it means.  

The Valentine's Day box had me wondering if they didn't have enough for the second parcel and were either trying to get more money so they could do 2, or get more money and clear out inventory and be done.

Back