Ellada Lane - Greek Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Ladies, Just received the Valentine's box. Posting pics below...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope I got it right!

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

I just added the spoiler tags just in case @LabiosRojos. Thanks for posting!!

Here here is how you can do the spoiler tags: in the beginning of the spoiler put

and at the end put [/ spoiler] without the space.

Mine came today, too! Comments behind spoiler tag #1.

I *LOVE* the glass bowl/tray, it looks so much like a seashell! I got a larger version of your bracelet, I can either wrap it around my wrist or wear it as a necklace. It is a mesh filled with tiny crystals! The decoration is a magnet closure which is easily opened/closed. The crocheted bag with pearls is gorgeous but I have no idea what I will do with it.
Pictures behind the spoiler tag.

ELVD_03.jpgELVD_04.jpgELVD_05.jpgELVD_06.jpg

My box came today.  I got the smaller version of the bracelet.  I am totally underwhelmed.  After that gorgeous first box I was expecting something so much better.  Lesson learned.
I am so, so bummed looking at the spoilers. Just not me at all. Here's hoping I can trade it.

My take on the Ellada Lane Valentine's box:

After seeing the 1st box I though a one time themed box would be even more spectacular, is not.

The shell tray: Not including a description, although beautiful imho makes me wonder what kind of piece this is. I really would like to know??

The bracelet: Def not made in Greece, Did some research and found what appears to be the exact same bracelet, made in China, selling for about $5.00 in alibaba.

The pouch: The only item in the box that I know for a fact is Greek artisan made. I find it to be very unique. Something to treasure a special heirloom jewerly piece. Can't really see it as a necklace. At least not for me.

Overall, the box is not worth the cost to me. I am disapointed to see what potentially could have been a great box, be the one that made up my mind to not be a subscriber.

With all that said, still hope who ever got it, enjoys it!

The shell tray: Not including a description, although beautiful imho makes me wonder what kind of piece this is. I really would like to know??

The bracelet: Def not made in Greece, Did some research and found what appears to be the exact same bracelet, made in China, selling for about $5.00 in alibaba.
Well that's not great to hear - I wonder if we should try and call them out on this? Incredibly disappointing, especially the bracelet.  I completely understand if people like the box, but I'm starting to feel a bit misled.

EDIT: Oh, yeah - the bracelet looks like stuff from alibaba.  http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20160213103120&SearchText=stardust+bracelet 

@@LabiosRojos Excellent. Keep us posted. I would do the same, but I haven't had a chance to look at my box in person. I do think this was a big step down from the first box, regardless of the origin of the bracelet. I'll contact him as well when I'm able to look at everything. I'm curious if Liz at MSA ordered, and what her thoughts are.

@@penny13 The only reason I feel the origin of the bracelet, and any other piece included in this sub boxes matters, is because according to their website:

"Indulge in and experience different regions of Greece and the magic of it's artists and makers with every delivery."

I've written to Stavros also, asking him to provide information on the other items in the box and their artisans, and if they are not artisan-made to explain why they were included. (I agree with @@Reija that with Chinese knock-offs it's very possible they took an actual artisan item and mass-produced a copy, it happens all the time. But I need to hear from Stavros to know for sure.) I've suggested they make it a practice to include a sheet in each box with details on the items and artists, nothing fancy just something to give more information. And I've told him I'm not the only one who liked (some of) the items OK, but was overall disappointed in the box at this price point.

I hope to hear something soon... and about shipping for the Athens box, which was first to ship in Dec. then got pushed to "mid-Jan." but now it's mid-Feb. and still nothing. Sadly, I'm losing faith in these folks, I hope they get their act together ASAP or it's bye-bye from me.

@@Reija Oh, for sure - completely possible. If anything, hopefully this would be a good reminder to include some kind of information on the artists (like @@DianeER suggests). It does strike me as odd that one item has tons of info but the other two...nothing.

I tried to go back and see if there was any value promised on this box, but didn't find anything. I think compared to the first box it's lacking, which makes me even more curious to see what the story is.

This is disappointing. I loved the first box and ended up subscribing for the year, but I have decided no special edition boxes from anyone anymore.  With the exception of one I got from Oui Please in which I actually new all the items included, I have been disappointed in Yogi Surprise, Luxor Box, PSMH, MSA Kloverbox "special editions".  I am sticking with my regular subscriptions and not buying any special boxes.  I would not have been happy with this box either.  I knew it was not for me from the first spoiler.  I do hope Stavros will come true with some information about the items and I hope that the Athens box will be stronger (and wil actually arrive).  Diane ER you have been their biggest cheerleader.  I hope they come through for you.

It does look like the gold pouch alone is 137 euros, so that makes up the bulk of value of the box.  I think they really need to work on their communication and their shipping schedules or they will lose a lot of their customer base.  Still waiting on the Athens parcel which was supposed to ship in December and the spoiler which was supposed to be posted 8 days ago.

It does look like the gold pouch alone is 137 euros, so that makes up the bulk of value of the box.  I think they really need to work on their communication and their shipping schedules or they will lose a lot of their customer base.  Still waiting on the Athens parcel which was supposed to ship in December and the spoiler which was supposed to be posted 8 days ago.
And I hate that pouch?  What would make anyone think that's an idea for a necklace?  So wish I did not waste my money on this box.  If I had known about that necklace at the time I placed my order, I would not have ordered.  Nor will I ever again order from this company.

Back