Eyelash Curler Thread!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't even know what kind I have, but I rarely use it! My L'oreal Voluminous mascara (curved brush) takes care of (or so I think) the curl.

I must say that I have heard Shu's is the HG of eyelash curlers. I had never heard about heated curlers until now. Now that I hear Shiseido has one, I might give that a whirl b/c I LOVE Shiseido!!

Trish - have you ever tried Shiseido's eyelash curler
icon_question.gif

Melissa

(Cosmetic rookie - in comparison....)

Originally Posted by MACGoddess Hey guys, I thought I would ask about eyelash curlers... I have been debating over whose to get, and if the "heated" eyelash curlers are any good...
I thought I would open a post for everyone to share any experience, tips, etc. with everyone else...

Personally I like to hold my curler at the base of my lashes and wait about 10 secs, then lightly curl then rest. Makes a more wide eye...

I tried Revlon and Maybelline many many years ago and I did not like how my lashes curled. Since I've been a Shiseido user for many years I have used their eyelash curler for quite a long time now and I love it. Would like to check out Shu's curler one day since most of these women say it's good.

Originally Posted by Charmaine Hm...why do you need to use two? Cause if you paid $30 for the first one yet still need to use another curler after that, I'm inclined to think that your first curler doesn't work that well at all. Honestly, It's probably more "user error" than anything.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
The overpriced $30 one works, but I like using the other one as well because it makes my lashs really, really curly, which I like. I just haven't been able to accomplish that using one or the other by themselves. I have had no success with a regular curler.

I will also vouch for the shu uemura (although now that I've read through these posts, I'm going to have to look at the Shiseido one too). I have stick straight eyelashes that go stick straight unless extremely encouraged not to
icon_frown.gif

Shu is the only one that works for me (especially if heated a bit with a blow dryer but I don't usually go through that kind of trouble, it works fine without that step) and I've tried all the usual suspects, including the heated ones. Which just don't get hot enough to make a difference in my experience.

Its the angle that the shu uemura curler is set at, and possibly the rubber cushion is harder so that you get a tighter curl. I've also heard that the length you hold the curler shut for, makes no difference. Its how Hard you press.

hey everyone,

I really need help with this issue. I have eyelashes that look practically non existant so i need a very effective curler to open up my eyes. I have 3 eyelash curlers right now; i have one from Lancome that i got in a GWP [the best one so far but not good enough], another one i have is a heater curler from Sephora [might be user error, but i dont see much improvement from this one], the last one is Revlon [ i found this to be way to big for my eyes; i have small deepset eyes]

So any and all help is greatly appreciated. I love all the suggestions given on this site so I'm glad that i can turn to you ladies for help. Thanks in advance :icon_love

Originally Posted by looooch hey everyone,
I really need help with this issue. I have eyelashes that look practically non existant so i need a very effective curler to open up my eyes. I have 3 eyelash curlers right now; i have one from Lancome that i got in a GWP [the best one so far but not good enough], another one i have is a heater curler from Sephora [might be user error, but i dont see much improvement from this one], the last one is Revlon [ i found this to be way to big for my eyes; i have small deepset eyes]

So any and all help is greatly appreciated. I love all the suggestions given on this site so I'm glad that i can turn to you ladies for help. Thanks in advance :icon_love

I have an Ultima II one that I got as a GWP.... it's great! I also sometimes heat it up for a split second w/ a hair dryer to give more curl on days when my lashes are spazzy.
wink.gif

Thanks so much for your great tips Janelle and Trisha
claps.gif
How long do you usually heat your curler up? I never tried this tip because i'm a bit afraid that i will burn the skin around my eyes and end up with red raccoon eyes
icon_redface.gif

But i definitly will be brave enough to give this a try.

I have tried over and over on ebay to win this curler. However, I received a shu uemura email today advertising a 24 karat eyelash curler and a new black nickel one (resists oxidation more supposedly). Think I may order the nickel one cuz I am tired of trying to win one. LOL.....

Originally Posted by Trisha Shu Uemura make the best lash curlers IMO! i heat mine up sometimes like Janelle said! x
shu_logo.gif

548_lg_ver.gif

Eyelash Curler

The exclusive design of the shu uemura eyelash curler is curved at an angle that suits all eye shapes. Its silicone rubber pad allows for the appropriate amount of pressure to curl lashes naturally. With a swipe of Basic Mascara, curled lashes remain in perfect shape all day. An InStyle Best Beauty Buy and awarded as one of Town & Country's "Top 150 Best Beauty Products".

Price: $18.00</I>

Eyelash Curler

DIRECTIONS:

• Read all warnings and directions prior to use. Use only as directed.
  • Open the curler by spreading the handles and center your upper lashes between the top and bottom (rubber) section of the curler.
  • Position the curler at the base of the lashline and gently squeeze handles. Hold for several seconds.
  • Curl the lashes in an upward and outward direction starting from the base working towards the tips of the lashes.
  • For more curl, repeat the above steps.
  • Use the curler before applying mascara to prevent damage.
  • If needed, clean the curler with a tissue.
Materials: Silicone rubber pad, steel

WARNING

• Always squeeze gently; excessive force may result in broken or pulled-out lashes.
  • Release handles fully before removing the curler from lashes to avoid pulling or breaking the lashes.
  • Always use the curler with a mirror and be careful not to nip eyelids or injure eyes.
  • Do not use this curler or any eye product if your eye is injured, irritated or infected.
  • Consult a physician promptly.
  • Check the curve of the top frame before each use by gently squeezing the handles and making sure the top and bottom of the curler are aligned and the black silicone rubber pad is firmly secure. Never misshape or bend the frame of the curler.
  • Never use a damaged or misshaped curler; use of a damaged curler may cause injury to the eyes and lashes.
  • Keep out of reach of children.
LIFESPAN:The life span of the curler lasts only until the 2 silicone rubber pads provided wear out. With daily use, one silicone pad will last for 3 months. After the refill silicone pad is used, please replace with a new eyelash curler to ensure maximum precision and to avoid damage to the eyes or lashes.

I know a lot of you guys love the Shu one, but what is so great about it? My curler just died after like 5 yrs of service, it was just a drugstore one, so no biggie...

I want to find one that practically can make my lashes vertical! High curl and super dramatic... I didn't know if the Shu one would do that, or if someone else had a different rec.

I've always heard that it's most important that the shape (or curve) of your curler matches the shape of your eye, so different curlers will work best for different people. I use Maybelline's curler and as long as I replace the rubber pad every few months, it works fine for me!

Kevyn Aucoins just won Allure Best award (again), i live by that thing! Yeah, a lot has to do with the curve, but its also the handle design and the pad on it. KA is cool cause its got a red pad so its easier to see your lashes against.

Originally Posted by KMEFH Kevyn Aucoins just won Allure Best award (again) yep, i was gonna say that!

Originally Posted by Trisha I love the Shu curlers cos they seem to fit most eyes shapes ive worked on, we use MAC curlers at work and they DON'T fit all eye shapes too big & clumsy!
Im sure the KA ones are fab, as his brushes and MU is fab x

The Limited Edition Shu curlers (in gold-plated and black nickel) are very pretty. I use the Shiseido curler, and it works well for me, but now I want to get a black nickel Shu one.

I use Shiseido curler too and I love it. I used to have Shu curler and I liked it but gave to my sister since she needed a good one. She loves it and doesn't go a day without it.

Originally Posted by SamanthaBNYC The Limited Edition Shu curlers (in gold-plated and black nickel) are very pretty. I use the Shiseido curler, and it works well for me, but now I want to get a black nickel Shu one.

LMAO! Ok, nevermind, I juts ordered the Black Nickel Shu Uemura ones... YAY! I couldn't help it!! Once I actually saw them I was like WHOA!! I HAVE TO HAVE THESE!!

Very sleek and gorgeous!

I'll take pics when they get here...

Originally Posted by SamanthaBNYC The Limited Edition Shu curlers (in gold-plated and black nickel) are very pretty. I use the Shiseido curler, and it works well for me, but now I want to get a black nickel Shu one. i heard shiseido's much better than shu's! i couldn't find it anywhere, though. i think i might order it online now...
EDIT: are you asian? i'm scared it might not fit my eye shape because i'm not.

I am sure you'll be fine Jennifer. I used both Shu and Shiseido and liked both.

Originally Posted by Jennifer i heard shiseido's much better than shu's! i couldn't find it anywhere, though. i think i might order it online now...
EDIT: are you asian? i'm scared it might not fit my eye shape because i'm not.

Back