Getting to know you... each and every one of you!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok thanks.  I am trying to post a link in my signature and it states I can only put 4 urls in my signature.  I currently have 3 and want to add 1 so four total but it won't let me!
That's weird-not sure why it won't let you! I added your 'About Me' thing to your signature (hopefully that's what you wanted added!). You can change the link name to whatever you want.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

That's weird-not sure why it won't let you! I added your 'About Me' thing to your signature (hopefully that's what you wanted added!). You can change the link name to whatever you want.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I think I was over the line amount.  I shrunk some things down and I think I got it to work!  Thank you! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yes, definitely use the BST section for this!  It's great because in addition to being able to make endless edits, you can just link to your wishlist in your signature, and people can go directly there that way.
Oh dear...hmmm,  ok so first:  What is BST?  I'm going out on a limb and am going to say it is NOT Bacon Sardines and Tomatoes because...ICK!  (that is all I could come up with at 4am...) Second, I don't have a signature or know how to make a wishlist here.  (and truthfully, I don't want to learn that right now unless by not doing that I am making it hard on my elfster buddy) Third, no I don't anticipate adding a bunch of info, but I agree with another elfster that said the more on the list, the more a person can kind of get a 'feel' for their elfster, but I don't even care what comes in the mail for me - I'm just happy I get to play too!  That being said, I got a perfume sample in my Sephora order that was delivered yesterday, and I had an AHA moment! :rotfl:    It smells like my new fragrance obsession!  So I was going to add a comment that if my elfster buddy also gets that sample - and doesn't like it....you know...I'd be thrilled to take it off their hands! LOL! But then I didn't want to reinvent the wheel to add it in my spoiler, so not critical at all, I was just wishing that I could post it without posting in elfster the actual perfume because it is super pricey and I'm not buying it for myself so I sure as sh!t don't want someone thinking I want them to buy it for me!! LOL!!

I would also like to take a moment to say that I am LOVING this exchange!  I can't stop shopping, planning, scheming, plotting, imagining, daydreaming, etc. about how I'm going to spoil my elfster!  The last thing I did before bed was place an order to take advantage of Ulta's beauty break last night, and shop for my elfster...and first thing when I woke up I had to come here and see what's happening! 

I've never done anything like this before - and being raised by my dad (and I have two brothers) and being the type of mom whose friends are/were, my son's friends moms...I don't have that connection with another female.  So...my poor roommate is probably wishing for some top of the line headphones for Christmas to TUNE ME OUT!  HAHAHA!  The other day while I was at work, he texted and said "Sephora called, they want their samples back!" LOL!

Oh dear...hmmm,  ok so first:  What is BST?  I'm going out on a limb and am going to say it is NOT Bacon Sardines and Tomatoes because...ICK!  (that is all I could come up with at 4am...) Second, I don't have a signature or know how to make a wishlist here.  (and truthfully, I don't want to learn that right now unless by not doing that I am making it hard on my elfster buddy)
BST = Buy Sell Trade.  It's in the swaps section.  And, honestly, the reason we're pushing so hard for a signature and a link to a BST thread is because, yeah, it in fact *does* make it hard for your Elfster buddy.  I have literally cried when I haven't had a list with specific items on it. 

Signatures:  Your Santa will be *very* grateful if you provide a link directly to your BST thread in your signature.  If you set up your wishlist once and add a general Secret Santa/Midsummer Wishlist link in your signature, you don't have to completely redo it for every exchange, just update the post itself as needed -- and *you* can find it easily to update it because it's right there on every post you make.  Just go to My Settings, scroll down to Signature, and edit your signature in the Edit Signature box.  It's no harder than posting.

As for the perfume sample, you might as well add it as a freeform item in Elfster rather than a link to the specific item.  A lot of times, people miss the information in the header text, but they may very well have fifteen samples of it that they have been saving just for this exchange.

All of this may seem weird or cumbersome, but, seriously, on the Santa side, it makes everything go *much* more smoothly, and Santa won't stand in the Ulta nail section crying because SHE DOESN'T KNOW WHAT TO DO BECAUSE SHE HAS NO SPECIFIC INFORMATION TO WORK WITH.  Because I've done that.  Multiple times.  I finally give up and throw some random crap together.  You might think that it's better to just give a general "Oh, I like blue nail polish, black liquid eyeliner, and foodie bath products" rather than specifics to make it easier on your Santa, but it actually makes it *harder*.  If it's not on a list as a specifically-desired item, I stress out whether it's not there because someone doesn't want it or already has it.  You might say you don't mind receiving dupes, but I personally hate *giving* them.  It makes whatever I've taken the time to figure out and track down much less *special*.

Style descriptions! Brief is better.

Makeup:  Love: Buxom full on lip glosses and creams
    Hair:  I am not really into hair products.  I do love Serge Normant dry shampoo though and ANYTHING Oribe....
    Nails:  I have 200 bottles of nail polish that I never get to use, so I would prefer not to get polishes or nail products...
    Skincare (face/neck)  I LOVE skin care----Scrubs, moisturizer, masks, cleansers...I LOVE suki sugar scrub...Ole Hendrikson Nurture me....Boscia black moisturizer...I want to try the Boscia sleeping mask and cleanser...
    Bodycare (every where else)  I can always use body wash.  I LOVE sugar scrubs...LUSH, Villainess, FCS...I am not big on B&BW
    Home:  I love ASian decor, interesting picture frams, and candles (esp tobacco and patchouli fragrances. 

More advanced questions:

Solve for X: I am wearing too much X, and I DO NOT CARE!  Eye liner...I LOVE eyeliners!!!
    Cruelty-free or vegan. Important, must-have, nice, don't care?   nice...not a must have....
    You just won a $50 gift card to your favorite beauty store. Which store is it, and what will you buy?  Sephora....NAKED Basics 2, Buxom Full on lip polish, something interesting in Beauty to go...
    Please list any subscription boxes you receive, along with anything you may covet from recent boxes. down to Birchbox, and Ipsy now...She terra shea butter, suki sugar scrub, caudalie divine oil, and serge normant dry shamppo are some of my favorite finds!
    Assuming they are separately packaged and clearly labeled, what are your feelings on prepared-by-sender beauty items? Unsealed samples? Items from the bulk foods section?  I am pretty much open to anything.  Surprise me!
    Assuming the same dollar amount is spent, would you prefer several mini items, or one or two full-sized items?
Minis!!  I LOVE deluxe samples!!!!!
Brand-and-color-specific time!

What is your all-time favorite beauty item and why?  Buxom Full on glosses and creams---I LOVE the tingle!!!!
    What specific product(s) are you lusting after? Feel free to link to a wishlist with particulars!

Naked Basics 2....The Champagne Bit lip mask
    What make-up items do you use every day?  eye liner (kat von D is my go to) mascara (trying to find my HG STILL!) lip gloss (Buxom) FOundation (Tarts Amazonian Clay) Bronzer (Hoola) Luminizer (Mary Loumenizer) Brown pencil and powder (IT Cosmetics, Anastasia) UD finishing spray.....Oh BB cream or primer (smashbox/Supergoop)
    What are your holy grail items? Holy crap?  Kat Von D tattoo liner, Suki Scrub, Buxon full on lip glosses and creams, Caudalie Divine Oil, Serge Normant dry shampoo, Flowerbomb....
    What one item/product are you interested in, but just have't gotten around to trying?
hmmm....This is a tough question....I would love one of those things to get all of the procuct out of the container....
General product section, aka not brand/color specific

What one product can you just not get enough of? Buxom full on glosses/creams (noticing a trend lol)
    What one product do you actually use more than any other? What runs out quickest in your make-up drawer?  I don't want to keep giving the same answer here lol.....
    What product(s) can you absolutely not use at all for reasons other than allergies/sensitivities listed in the background section (e.g., I can't use foot scrubbers because my feet are too ticklish)?  none?
    What items (makeup/skincare/tool) do you feel are missing from your routine?  none that I can think of
    What tools/products are you looking to add, even if they are not missing?  a heated eyelash curler maybe
    What beauty-related product(s) do you just not want to receive? nail polish, hair products, lipstick, drug store beauty items

Brands:

What brand do you have more products from than any other? Any particular reason?  Urban Decay/Benefit....GWP, good sales, samples
    What brand(s) have you been wanting to try but haven't gotten around to?  Marc Jacobs, MUF
    What brand(s) do you not want?  Lorac, Drug Store, Bare Minerals

Colors (not specific shades):

Answer quick like a bunny! Favorite color? pink!
    Favorite color combination? Brown/pink
    Color scheme of your home/room, either in reality or your imagination   Black/tan
    What one color (not brand/product specific) do you use more than any other? Why?  neutrals...I try to keep my make up natural looking
    Color(s) to avoid?  bright colors: pinks, orange, yellow.....Blue, green...

Scents

What's your favorite perfume/wearable scent of all time? What's your favorite perfume/wearable scent to wear in the summer?  flowerbomb, Chanel mademoiselle, miss cherie blooming bouquet...
    What is the fragrance of your favorite home fragrance (e.g., candle, diffuser)?
    Describe your favorite scents/notes, without naming a specific perfume or fragrance.patchouli...exotic florals..no fruit!
    Without naming a specific perfume or fragrance, what are your favorite perfume companies? Favorite home fragrance companies?  ineke, nest, villainesse, BPAL, LUSH, B&BW plug in bulbs....
    What form of perfume do you prefer (oil, alcohol-based, spray, open bottle, rollerball)? What form of home fragrance do you prefer (candle, diffuser, air freshener, plug-in)?  oils/EDP...no rollerballs....I love all home fragrance varieties!
    Other than perfume/fragrance oils, what is your favorite type of toiletry/scented item?  body wash/scrub, lotions
    Scent(s)/notes(s) to avoid?  fruity/musky scents

And finally (at least for the beauty section), Yes/No?

Foils  not too much
    Deluxe Samples  YES!!!!!
    Hair Oil  bleh
    Face Oil  no thanks
    Perfume  yes!!!
    Sunblock/Sunscreen  no thanks
    Self-tanner/tanning wipes NO Thanks!  I am invisible!

And extra non-makeup-related questions!

What designs/designers do you prefer (please limit to top 3)  DKNY, Michael Kors, GAP/Old Navy
    List any public wishlists (Amazon, etsy, Sephora), swap lists and/or Tumbler/Pinterest entries your Sugar Plum Fairy should consult.
    Is your box all about you? Or would you like to see things in your box for your significant other/spouse, kid(s), pet(s), whatever? If the latter, please list age/gender/species.
    If your Sugar Plum Fairy curates an awesome set of items for you, would you rather they be wrapped individually, or be a huge smorgasbord that you can look at all at once? Would you prefer to open each gift slowly and methodically or will it be ribbons and bows and paper flying as you tear into it?   i LOVE pretty wrapping paper...The more the better!
    It's a hot, sunny 90-degree summer day and you have no obligation to be anywhere in particular. Where are you and what are you doing?
In the house in the AC watching a movie (lame i know:)
And advanced fun stuff:

What do you do in your spare time? Are there any hobby-related items you would like?   What spare time?  I love music and DIY
    Fandoms, favorite TV shows, movies, books, music, Hogwarts house, etc.  THe Walking Dead!!!!  American Horror story
    What non-beauty item(s) would send you over the moon?  candles, horror themed surprises
    Pirates or ninjas?  Pirates!
    Zombies: Yay or nay?  YAYYYYYYYYYY!
    Disney! Favorite movie, hero, villain? Aladdin
    Describe three things decorating your living space.
 plants, asian decor, candles, pictures
Yes/no, the extras division:

Virtual gifts (ecerts/gift certs/eBooks)   no thank you
    Hand-made items (from your godparent or purchased)  sure!!!
    Candles  yes!!!
    Tarts sure!!!
    Reed Diffusers  ok
    Incense  Nag Champa!
    Other home fragrance (say, room spray or scented rocks)  sure?
    Local Items  YES!!! Please!!!!
    Mix CD   hmmm ok
    Home Items (and what types)  candles, picture frames
    Food Items (and what types)   candy!  Chocolate
    Beverages (and what types)  no thanks
    Puzzle Books -- words, numbers, pictures--no thanks

Back