Glossybox - April 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
still have not gotten my box... no tracking update since the 25th where it is still saying its in NJ. im hoping it just shows up. its delivery date was projected for today and tomorrow...

Originally Posted by MaiteS /img/forum/go_quote.gif

still have not gotten my box... no tracking update since the 25th where it is still saying its in NJ. im hoping it just shows up. its delivery date was projected for today and tomorrow...
Same here and I'm also in Orlando.  Is it just me or does it seem like packages in general are taking longer to arrive lately and tracking doesn't update as often?

Originally Posted by lucyla8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Same here and I'm also in Orlando.  Is it just me or does it seem like packages in general are taking longer to arrive lately and tracking doesn't update as often?
agreed. they were also a week late in shipping too. but that does not shock me. 

Originally Posted by MaiteS /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Originally Posted by lucyla8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm in Jacksonville Fl and Mine has also not updated since the 25th in NJ. I just got today's mail, no box. if it's not here tomorrow I will be very bummed.

This was my first Glossybox. I got the following:

1. Zoya Myrta using the FUN code It is a reddish orange. I don't really look good in red or orange so I'll be trading this one off. I thought for the code that everyone was getting zuza which was one of the main reasons I decided to try glossybox. So I was really disappointed to get this.

2. The Honest Co Lip Balm in Sweet Orange Vanilla- Love this!

3. Tigi Glow Blush in Awaken - I was kind or scared of the color at first but it goes on nicely and not too over the top. It's really growing on me =)

4. Was with Joe -  I like the smell and am excited to try it out!

5. Bvlgari Tub Tea Bag- Sadly I don't have a tub =( So I will either trade this off or borrow someone's tub lol

6. La Metier De Beaute - um I think this is for my face but I'm not quite sure :/

7. Alterna Bamboo Style Boho Waves - used once but doesn't really work with my stick straight hair. Smells really good just doesn't do anything for me. Another item to trade off.

While I'm somewhat glad I got this box, I just don't see it being a good every month box with being $21 and only liking a few of the products. I might try it again some other time if I like the spoilers but it's not an every month have to have box like my birchbox is to me. 

I'm actually really excited about this box! I got the blush in Haute which actually looks like bronzer in my skin tone hahah. The balm is in lavender mint.

I see a lot of people not wanting the tea bags. I am actually very excited about this. I'm also willing to take it up as a trade for any item in my sample stash (will post my swap and sale list soon, look out for it in my signature)

Has anyone gotten the fourth shade, Brilliance? Its a light baby pink with what looks like a goldish sheen? I haven't seen anyone post about that color yet.. curious if it was an option.
I got brillance in my box. I've only had a chance to swatch it, but it looks beautiful and I can't wait to try it.

I'm in LOVE with the tea bag. It smelled heavenly!!! Definitely will buy that. Also loved the Tigi (I got Lovely) and the Le Métier (but will never buy it as the price is insane). The lip balm is a nice Chapstick and I don't like waxy balms and the Alterna didn't really work in my fine, straight hair either. I've already bought the Wash With Joe. So refreshing after a workout especially.

Finally, I got my April Glossybox on May 1st. I'm extremely happy that I got exactly what I wanted! An Orange/Vanilla Chapstick! and Lovely color TIGI blush! As you know the rest of contents of box are the same, Wash with a Joe, Bath Tea bag, foil sample, 20 percent off renew subscription and $75 off of that moisturizer. Here are the pictures of Lovely color in dry and wet (mixed with water) it's shimmering. I have fair/medium skinned and tan easily.

I got Tigi in Brillance and The Honest Co in Purely Simple (nothing special). Brillance looks beautiful and I like how the Bamboo mist smells. I don't know how well it works but the previous Bamboo mist we received smelled great too. Can't wait to try the tea bath.

Originally Posted by lexxies22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Finally, I got my April Glossybox on May 1st. I'm extremely happy that I got exactly what I wanted! An Orange/Vanilla Chapstick! and Lovely color TIGI blush! As you know the rest of contents of box are the same, Wash with a Joe, Bath Tea bag, foil sample, 20 percent off renew subscription and $75 off of that moisturizer. Here are the pictures of Lovely color in dry and wet (mixed with water) it's shimmering. I have fair/medium skinned and tan easily.

That is GORGEOUS!

Originally Posted by Dayo Steph /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I tried contacting GB CS on Saturday, but haven't heard a thing back from them. Boooo.
 I contacted them as well and heard back from them yesterday saying they'd send me a new box out next week. 

Hmm. I'm also in Orlando, and my tracking hasn't updated since the 25th either. Ugh, so annoying!

Jessica

I'm very excited about the tea bag. I'm saving it for a special occasion. I love Bvlgari!

The Le Metier sample is very deceiving. It doesn't look big but it lasts forever. I squeezed mine out into an empty LUSH container and have been using it for at least a week once a day. I'm about halfway through it now.

My box finally says it's out for delivery! I have no idea why there were no updates between the 25th and the 2nd...

I'm going to get next month's, I'm hoping since it's their anniversary it will be good. Does anyone know any codes for freebies?? It looks like the Zoya one just ended :/

Tried using the Bamboo Spray from my super straight fine, lots of hair; doesn't work. I massaged my roots thoroughly just like the way you apply dry shampoo and scrunch it up. I even had to pulled my hair up loosely and smash it up tied around with a rubber band for a bit and blew dried hair thru. Here's the result:

Originally Posted by lexxies22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tried using the Bamboo Spray from my super straight fine, lots of hair; doesn't work. I massaged my roots thoroughly just like the way you apply dry shampoo and scrunch it up. I even had to pulled my hair up loosely and smash it up tied around with a rubber band for a bit and blew dried hair thru. Here's the result:

I actually think that's gorgeous! I would love for my hair to get that long and luxurious looking, but it never wants to grow past a certain point lol!

Got mine 2 days ago- but as usual work is hindering my play.

• TIGI Brilliance--  The Bombshell Sweet Cheeks that I got in Ipsy this month is almost the EXACT same color.  It's a great color and I was thrilled to see it a few weeks ago!  Meh, it's still really nice.  I like that silver compact!  Sharp.
  • Le Metier-- Am I the only one who thinks this smells like old lady cream?????  Seriously, no.  Stop it.  Husband kissed me like 30 mins after I put it on and asked wtf I was wearing.  I will not be spending $175 on this.  Thanks tho!
  • Boho Waves-- Excited!  Have not tried, today is wash-the-hair day.  LOVE Alterna Bamboo.
  • Wash With Joe-- Appalling.  Why.  Straight to the Man bathroom- and he doesn't even like it.
  • Bvlgari bath bag--  I'm a big bath person, love my baths, so I'm down.  But I feel like it's fancy.  Not like today when I came home from work, had a beer and read my book in the tub.  Husband said he really liked the smell (but I'm pretty sure he was just trying to get it in.)
  • Honest Co Lavender Mint--  I like it!  I'm not overjoyed to see a lip balm, just because I'm working on about 11 of them right now in various places of the house.  Yeah, it's tingly and cooling.  Smells amazing.  Feels like glittery little sprites hopscotching on my lips, what's not to like?

It was a mediocre box for me.  Last month was utter perfection for me, this one was okay, and can't wait for the next one!

Latest posts

Back